• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rugby Challenge
  3. Sidhe please fix this crap now.

User Info: kaffaboy

kaffaboy
10 years ago#1

I am posting this messge everywhere so maybe Sidhe can find it and fix this game.

After playing the atrocious demo of Rugby World Cup i had high hopes for Rugby Challenge. You can imagine mydisappointmentwhen i started playing Rugby Challenge and found it was just as bad and sometimes worse thanRWC.

Pros.
Player modeling is good,extensiveplayer/team/championship customisation, plenty of playable modes,on-lineexperience that is about the end of it for me.

Con's.
TheAiis atrocious, they are hardly ever where they are suppose to be i spend more than half the game passing to forwards in the back line, thefly-halfis never where he is suppose to be, i have managed to pass a ball across the entire width of the field but there are plenty of times when a player is standing 5 meters away but the scrumhalf manages to screws it up. I saw more order in the recent Riots than i do in this game. Players sometimesdon'teven both tackling or just give up. On the hardest difficultly the opposing team did not miss asinglekick regardless of distance or angle

TheAiis constantly offloading the ball to the point it becomes like pin ball. I finished a 15 minute match and the stats at the end of the game said offloads 135 even on the hard difficulties the still offload 24/7, there is also an option in customizationthatslets you tone down the offloading but it does little and the AI still constantly offloads.

There are no set plays which is ridiculous

Tons of glitches (i have an All Blacks version and a Wallabies version) and both games have the same amount of glitches in them. I have played a gameon-linewhere i have played for 145 minutes due a time freezing glitch.

Balls sometimes randomly dissapear, players run the wrong way, players standing still and not doing anything.

Passing is crap and does not feel free flowing.

Commentators feel bland and you can tell they are reading from script

And from what i hear they are not releasinging DLC or any other patches, if the patched up the offloading problem i would enjoy this game a hell of a lot more.

Over all i am really disappointed withSidhethey had such a good chance but ultimately failed, while i will still play this game overRWCit sadly wont last very long on my shelf.

User Info: muaythaifighter

muaythaifighter
10 years ago#2
I agree with you saying players aren't where they are supposed to be. My halfback is rarely in position, and my number 10 is the same. It's hard to have a great kicking game when your number 10 is never in position to take the kick

As for offloading, yeah there is far to much offloading. When you are playing against the cpu it's almost impossible to defend against the constant offloading. I think the defensive line could be better also

"Balls sometimes randomly dissapear, players run the wrong way, players standing still and not doing anything" (i've never had this happen in my game)

As for the passing i actually do find the passing through the backline to be very good. The only passing i have an issue from is from the ruck. The half back frequently throws forward passes, or throws it to nobody

I wish the career mode was better also. I'm comparing it to the last EA Sports rugby career mode where the drafting in of players after each season was much better. I started playing career mode with The Cheifs/Argentina, and for some reason i can draft players from Argentina into the Cheifs, and the Cheifs into Argentina, but no other players can be drafted, its dumb. They should of had a money system where you could buy in new players after each season depending on how well you did that season. Playing the same team year after year gets BORING!!

I do have to say though, i am a rugby fan and have been waiting forever for a rugby game to come out. I do have gripes with this game, but i'm just happy to have a rugby game. And you have to remember this is sidhes first atempt at a rugby game, so i can't knock them to much. Ea sports on the other hand have had a number of atempts at rugby games and from the feedback i've read from world cup rugby it's not to great. I just hope Sidhe continues to make these games on a regular basis and improve on the things they didn't do right in this game.

User Info: tomiton

tomiton
10 years ago#3
Yeah Definitely. Fix the AI's, lessen offloads, maybe change the scrums/lineouts a bit and it would be a great game!
MH3U: Anton - EU Server MHP3 HD PSN: Iron123Impact
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheInfernalDemons

User Info: Camilla-K

Camilla-K
10 years ago#4

A patch is in the works now, which should resolve many of the issues raised by gamers on our forums. That is the best place to communicate with us, as we monitor them constantly. Third party forums are less likely to be found by us in good time.

http://forums.sidhe.co.nz

User Info: Noelberg4

Noelberg4
10 years ago#5
I totally agree with what has been said and am happy something is getting done about it. Just acouple other things ive noticed that should be a quick fix is,a quick throw in for a line out,rwc2011 can do it so i'm sure you guys can,driving off a lineout would be nice instead of the option of catching the ball,landing and standing there,trying to pass or being tackled.
A not straight throw should play advantage if the other team wins the lineout instead of stopping for scrum or lineout.
It would be nice for the number 8 to pick off the scrum.
With forward passes, I have lots of forward passes and they dont get pulled up,the odd one is fine but its alot of the time and passes that look fine get called forward.
Just one last thing, I think its ok for a good player to brush off 1 or 2 players and occasionally 3, but 4 of my players getting brushed off buy the same player is extreme and annoying,should have given up after the 3rd ,haha.
Well I hope some of these can be addressed with the patch,

Thanks heaps,
P.S. I do still enjoy playing the game.

User Info: muaythaifighter

muaythaifighter
10 years ago#6
I've had quite a few offsides that weren't offsides also.

Does anybody know how to compete in the line out against oposition throw ins. I would of assumed that you guess where they are going to throw it then press either front middle or rear lineout buttons to jump at those areas but it seems that the game just randomly picks where your guys will jump to compete?

User Info: mikepaddles

mikepaddles
10 years ago#7
muaythaifighter posted...
I've had quite a few offsides that weren't offsides also.

Does anybody know how to compete in the line out against oposition throw ins. I would of assumed that you guess where they are going to throw it then press either front middle or rear lineout buttons to jump at those areas but it seems that the game just randomly picks where your guys will jump to compete?

Use the left stick to move your line out up and down, then move the right stick up and down to choose the jumper you want to compete with,then press the kind of catch and release you want to use, move your line out and pods along with the oppositions half back as it gives it away as to who he is going to receive from
New Zealand was the only undefeated team at the world cup! PSN: "hadleymike"

User Info: blaqphantom

blaqphantom
10 years ago#8
just downloaded an 13MB patch today this is the 2nd patch they have released.
  1. Boards
  2. Rugby Challenge
  3. Sidhe please fix this crap now.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A