• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MotoGP 10/11
  3. Fail.....again

User Info: DrGonzo615

DrGonzo615
8 years ago#1
well they managed to learn nothing from the previous game and failed again....the physics are garbage
A Ducati and a track to run it on....Heaven
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/DrGonzo615/CP__1021.jpg

User Info: Muffin547

Muffin547
8 years ago#2
Couldn't agree more. I was really excited when they were talking about "realism" and "living between the seconds" or whatever. They never mentioned the brakes feel like jelly and the tyres don't grip the road. I'll be waiting for SBK 11.

DrGonzo615
8 years ago#3
theres brakes in this game!? I couldnt even feel them AT ALL, even with the stupid ABS option off.

Have you gotten SBK X? that game is a bit better than this one

User Info: sexxyboyy

sexxyboyy
8 years ago#4
Totally agree guys. Mugello is not only my favorite track in the world, but it's one of the fastest on the MotoGP circuit. Braking is laughable. Did these guys even ride a street bike before developing this game? Ceramic brakes are much better than what this game lets on. I am hardpressed to believe that anyone could've already taken a bad product (last year's offering) and made it worse. At least I could finish laps last year. I played this thing SEVEN times and couldn't finish one lap. You have to drop the bike to below fifty miles per hour on some laps...uh, no folks. This is mugello. There is only one turn where you should have to drop below sixty miles per hour. EPIC FAIL.
I believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as my saviour and am 100% proud of it.

DrGonzo615
8 years ago#5
have you guys noticed that if you get on the rear brakes hard in a straight line and let off of them before you start to lean the bike still slides out as if you are still on the rear brake? what garbage

User Info: dayday6

dayday6
8 years ago#6

Sad to here, guess I will be skipping it. Last years game was horrible. Why can't these guys play SBK 2001 on PC and copy that, best motorcycle racing game I have played.

User Info: gm914

gm914
8 years ago#7
Tourist Trophy on ps2 was the last bike game I played. What on earth this rubbish is I have no idea. Deleted the demo within 5 minutes. Why do these devs even bother.?
Sh_nanig_ns. Just isn't the same without EA...

User Info: MonkeyDave

MonkeyDave
8 years ago#8
I have to agree with everyone else. Why even make the game if it's going to be this bad. So disappointing.

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
8 years ago#9
Well at least the game has hands this time...
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: Domini69

Domini69
8 years ago#10
I honestly can not understand why these guys just can't seem to get the physics right for this game! In-fact, for the past 3-4 years they've simply been going backwards in this regard. We all agree that last year's attempt was a complete disaster that had absolutely zero foundation in reality, both in graphics and physics. The only thing they improved on a little bit from the 08 release was the AI.

I was sure that after a mass of damming forum comments and reviews they would take the issue seriously, but clearly have not.
I mean, how difficult can it be? I get the clear impression that Capcom has no passion for or interest in Biking and the racing of bikes.

The SBK guys (Milestone) got it just about perfect with SBK X....Absolutely awesome game! With SBK X they've built a game that gives the gamer a choice of game play ranging from totally unrealistic, pick-up-and-go, arcade mode for all those complaining about the difficulty, to a 98% close to authentic simulation experience for the more hardcore biking fans such as myself.

I believe that people buying this game are real life bikers 99% of the time and serious MotoGP and SBK fans to boot...Thus, most buyers are looking for a truly realistic experience that gets as close as possible to placing them next to their hero's on the grid.
To do this the first, and absolutely vital aspect of the game is the Physics model, a close second is AI, and lastly, realistic graphics!
Not something that looks like a dream world painted with pastel colours where you are completely disconnected from the riding experience.

So bottom line: Sell the rights to the guys at Milestone, they clearly feel something for and has an interest in bikes and racing! You are depriving us from experiencing the MotoGP calendar in a way that is obviously possible.
  1. Boards
  2. MotoGP 10/11
  3. Fail.....again
  • Topic Archived