• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Mantiso

Mantiso
8 years ago#1
Why buy this game when you can watch it online for free? The majority of fun is in the story, characters and setting, not the gameplay.
Toast falls jelly side down. Children hit tables. And people get hurt... - Weirdo from 'Devil'
PSN ID: SolidKev

User Info: DarkECOJak

DarkECOJak
8 years ago#2
No, part of the fun is discovering how to advance the story. It feels like you're a part of the movie continuation. You could watch it, but you're missing out on the fun.
"YOU PUNCHED THE HIGHLIGHTS OUT OF HER HAIR!"

User Info: atzuin

atzuin
8 years ago#3
also a lot is explained during normal conversations and whos telling you that the one you watched got all the importand info?

User Info: Mantiso

Mantiso
8 years ago#4
I got the gist of it. Sure I didn't get to see the whole game and every little action and bit of dialogue, but I got a large portion of the story just from watching it for free. I dont feel any need to pay in order to so the little bits I missed.
Toast falls jelly side down. Children hit tables. And people get hurt... - Weirdo from 'Devil'
PSN ID: SolidKev

User Info: skiguy1981

skiguy1981
8 years ago#5
you must not be much of a bttf fan then
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

User Info: Foofyhead

Foofyhead
8 years ago#6
or an adventure game fan.
Tell me exactly what am I supposed to do, now that I have allowed you to beat me?
Do you think that we could play another game, maybe I can win this time.

User Info: zeik56

zeik56
8 years ago#7
I would never just watch a video of an adventure game. The fun of adventure games is exploring everything, seeing all the little gags, and solving the puzzles yourself.
What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, mighty scarce. ~ Mark Twain

User Info: its_matt

its_matt
8 years ago#8
Yes advancing the story, solving the (although simple so far) puzzles, talking to characters about things other than the focus on getting through the game. To watch a video instead of playing is to miss the point

User Info: MC Link

MC Link
8 years ago#9
The same argument could be said for any game; "Why play Halo when I can watch it".

The enjoyment comes from actually experiencing the game; living it if you will..

But, of course - everybody has their opinions ;)
)¯¯¯¯\/¯¯¯¯( c Link; PSN - Steffanio
/___(\__/)___\ ValKilmer4Life-GT - 88_|_88 <--That there's my Yahg face.

User Info: Supersoldier105

Supersoldier105
8 years ago#10
I like Adventure games.

If you don't then MAKE LIKE A TREE AND LEAVE.
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
  • Topic Archived