• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Game Dev Story
  3. Hackers makes the BESt proposal/Graphics/Sound, consistently, if you do it right

User Info: wingsoflight255

wingsoflight255
8 years ago#1
Ok, I know some people say hackers just have good general stats but sucks at boosts, or tasks. Its not true.

I have 8 "super hackers" on my 2nd run thru. This means they are level 5 on all other jobs (sound eng, writer, coder, designer, producer, hardware eng, and hacker). most of them are 600+ on everything, some 800+.

No matter who I choose for games after games, they consistantly give me, for example in proposal, 8x/2x/0/0 or higher. In one case I got 109/25/0/0. Just now I got 121/30/0/0.

In Graphics, I have gotten 9x on the main stats as well. These have been consistent for my last ten games.

User Info: Flipchine

Flipchine
8 years ago#2
Thank you

User Info: purekorn

purekorn
8 years ago#3
"if you do it right"

How do you do it right?
Sign on GameFAQS... lose common sense.

wingsoflight255
8 years ago#4
You level them to level 5 at every other job as well.

User Info: AkoaysiGOD

AkoaysiGOD
8 years ago#5
Mine seem random. They'll almost always do 80+ in fun but then graphics or sound they'll do either 100+ or < 20. I got around 120 in graphics once and then a few games later the same guy gave me 9.
It may cost your life but that was free.

User Info: ranmafan

ranmafan
8 years ago#6
How did you train them to 600 in stats? O_o My training seems to have stopped working for most of my staff... although I'm mostly using Long Trips, Short Trips, Anime and Pinball. Any tips?
Ignorance is a terrible, terrible affliction. And those who refuse to be cured are the worst affected.
http://angelfether.deviantart.com

wingsoflight255
8 years ago#7
I started off leveling all their jobs to level 5. Then when they swap to hacker, to level 1, I don't train them until they are level 5 (but I don't think that matters; I think it does add some stats to have every job at level 5). Most of them will start off around 450+ on 2-3 stats and one lower than that. Then I do anime training until it is no longer effective, and then go with short and long trips.

It seems to me that there is a "hard limit" as to the amount training alone can raise. And then there is a soft limit on each training type. What I mean is that: (my theory)

Suppose you can gain a max of say, 150 points graphics from training. That's the hard limit. And perhaps anime have a limit of 75. Once you hit 75 points gained from training on anime, you cannot get further. Maybe long trip has the highest limit.

I usually have deadbulls ready as well so when I train for long trip they can go on for a very long time.

User Info: ranmafan

ranmafan
8 years ago#8
Cool, thanks. I'll check that lead out.
Ignorance is a terrible, terrible affliction. And those who refuse to be cured are the worst affected.
http://angelfether.deviantart.com

User Info: tre-flip

tre-flip
8 years ago#9
So Do you think that you need to train them during the end of each skill level or after you level all the skills to level 5. I hate training.
  1. Boards
  2. Game Dev Story
  3. Hackers makes the BESt proposal/Graphics/Sound, consistently, if you do it right
  • Topic Archived