Tried a game of carry Treant. Thoughts?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. Tried a game of carry Treant. Thoughts?

User Info: thehelpfulgamer

thehelpfulgamer
1 year ago#1
Needs work, but I think I'm in love.

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2842055439
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
Official TREANT PROTECTOR of the Dota 2 Board.

User Info: SpinKirby

SpinKirby
1 year ago#2
It's so obnoxious, I can't call it unviable for the time being.
In a recent statistical study, it was shown that only 9/10 people want to play DotA 2.

User Info: crunchy612

crunchy612
1 year ago#3
new guise is disgusting. you lose the whole invisible 5 man thing, but that stun->root with atos is stupidly good.

like, even as a pos 3/4 treant can do s***. and dat base damage wasnt touched, LOL
778/802 LivingDex|Playing: Pokemon Moon
Just because you learned to stop suffering from the pain doesn't mean you no longer feel it. -Cross Heart

User Info: Firelion6593

Firelion6593
1 year ago#4
Played a game with a roaming 4 Treant. s*** was legitimately disgusting. Glad he was on my team
"but this topic hit the pits harder than sonic's career "-Mr_Jangle
Biased Johto Fanboy

User Info: the P

the P
1 year ago#5
New guise is amazing
"This chaos//this calamity//this garden once was perfect//give your immortality to me//I'll set you up against the stars."

User Info: thehelpfulgamer

thehelpfulgamer
1 year ago#6
Okay. I don't think there's any reason to build Treant different than normal. For one, even with Treads at level 10 and a maxed out Nature's Guise, you can't quite get two whole auto attacks in after a Guise bash. I suspect this is because of the backswing on the auto attack itself.

So even on Treant, that +30 attack speed talent, despite having a noticeable impact on attack speed, probably isn't worth skipping the mana regen.

Then at 15, why would you pick more move speed? You get more move speed from Guise, you have a guaranteed Bash out of Guise, you have a slow, AND you have a root. Plus, until you get Aghs, Treant isn't very good at the farmings.

65 damage, despite being a free Relic, is only about a 50% increase in base attack damage without items. Cooldown reduction all the way.

+5 Living Armor blocks is hilariously bad. Late game, Living Armor is little more than an out of combat heal. The damage blocks become meaningless at that point and this doesn't even double it. 20% chance for a 2 second bash all the way, even without attack speed items.
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
Official TREANT PROTECTOR of the Dota 2 Board.

User Info: Dartkun

Dartkun
1 year ago#7
I went pos 4 Treant one game and ended up with 2nd highest gold on the team.

The f***.
http://i.imgur.com/PUVNqBo.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Dota 2
  3. Tried a game of carry Treant. Thoughts?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived