• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus
  3. On-line mode a joke: mismatched games, people spawn-camping.

User Info: supercammando

supercammando
9 years ago#1
How is it that people who are level 20+ can run up and kill you in a second, while I'm shooting at them and nothing happens? MISMATCHED game setup is what's wrong here. Every time I play, everyone in the match is like level 20, 30 or more. People are getting 20-30 kills a match. I can get about 2-3. Do these people have special weapon and other booster unlocks? And half the time I respawn, opponent is right there, killing me before I can take a step. This game SUCK online
Games without user profiles, stats and scoreboards = Lazy developers

User Info: Pegpeg66

Pegpeg66
9 years ago#2
The games weapons are unbalanced in the beginning. Early ranks are given the weapons to take out higher ranks though, they get power, but not usability. The AK-47 is a very powerful weapon, but the recoil makes it difficult to use. High ranks get headshot for the 1HKO often, so that's probably what you are experiencing. and When you get into high ranks, those skills that you unlocked get upgraded one at a time, like +25% accuracy becomes +50% accuracy.

User Info: supercammando

supercammando
9 years ago#3
I see but that just explains why this game is lame (online) for anyone just starting, because the matches are not evenly setup. For example, if you are a noob or between level 1 and 10, the game should only put level 1-10 people in that match. If nobody's available, it should look at people in the next higher level (10-20), and maybe put limits on their selectable upgrades for the match of people who's level is between 1 and 10. Otherwise, the matches are just plain lopsided. Matchmaking logic in multiplayer games is not a trivial thing to deal with. In this game's case, the developers didn't even bother trying to make things fair.
Games without user profiles, stats and scoreboards = Lazy developers

User Info: JuGaLoL

JuGaLoL
9 years ago#4
uhh, learning curve!
~Today's Bottom Line~
Dreamcast's #1 BOMBERMAN!

User Info: zzBuddy

zzBuddy
9 years ago#5
You're always gonna meet higher ranked people online on any game. At first it may be hard for u to get kills but once u start unlocking new guns everything becomes fair game.
"I'm cooler than the average bear"- dsiwiiboy
PSN: Warhog22 Gameloft Live ID: Warhog22

User Info: Dogfishhead

Dogfishhead
9 years ago#6
I've seen some serious spawn-camping too. At least it's fairly easy to jump in and out of new games if you don't like the people you're up against.

User Info: themilitarydude

themilitarydude
9 years ago#7

you ppl are apparently some of the few that have run into spawn campers in this game. oh and btw supercommando u get upgrade skills later on like +35% armor and +20% Automatic Rifle stopping power.

1. Boards
  2. Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus
  3. On-line mode a joke: mismatched games, people spawn-camping.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers