• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus
  3. Not so great. Online without auto-aim is worthless.

User Info: inactiv_ity

inactiv_ity
9 years ago#11
The game is definitely better without auto-aim - sometimes you'll aim at a far range target and a medium range pops into view- auto aim will jerk the controls to the closer guy, you'll lose the kill and die anyhow.

Also, auto-aim annouces your position around corners or through snow. You also don't necessarily 'have the drop' on someone, as their cursor will move to you and you might take more damage than you would otherwise.

no auto aim ftw
Brawl Friend Code: 4940-8673-9396

User Info: Ryumoau23

Ryumoau23
9 years ago#12
I just got an Ipod Touch 4g yesturday and was looking for games to get. This sounds interesting, but i hope they controls are easy for me to play with. I have not played an FPS game on a handheld device before.
I like videogames, movies, and playing with Boy's feet!!!
"To die without leaving a corpse...that is the TRUE way of the Garo!"

User Info: Animator64

Animator64
9 years ago#13

Ryumoau23it is definitely worth getting the game. No other FPS apps come close to it. The controls are actually quite easy to master and that will allow you to have hours of fun. The price although $8.99 is still worth it.

User Info: Ryumoau23

Ryumoau23
9 years ago#14

Ryumoau23it is definitely worth getting the game. No other FPS apps come close to it. The controls are actually quite easy to master and that will allow you to have hours of fun. The price although $8.99 is still worth it.

oh, i see. thanks.
I like videogames, movies, and playing with Boy's feet!!!
"To die without leaving a corpse...that is the TRUE way of the Garo!"

User Info: themilitarydude

themilitarydude
9 years ago#15

$8.99? i bought it for $6.99.

User Info: 1Y2i3m0d

1Y2i3m0d
9 years ago#16
Yeah I'm a noob but after playing this for hours and hours, I still don't have it down. I think the controls feel sluggish. I maxed out sensitivity. Still, the virtual control mechansim just doesn't feel right for me. And yeah, I always go for auto-aim matchhes. I just don't get how some people can be so good with it, and already be at level 40 and above. They obviously don't play anything else.

I agree, some players are just freakishly annoying since the rest of us have to deal with virtual controls with limited availability, yet it seems like they're playing with a PS3 joystick or something. I face off against players who start shooting at me, they seem to have time to start shooting at me, realize that throwing a grenade will be better, throw a grenade which I dodge, then run upto me and knife me. All that while I was still mashing the fire button all over the screen. You see some other players run through hallways and clear numerous enemies at once by spraying their gun all over their place CoD style. I honestly don't see how they do it, I'm suspecting they're using some third party tweak or hardware but meh.

Although it does have a lot to do with the device you use. I use a very slow 3G iPhone, and it's painfully incapable of competing against skilled players. My friend never played an FPS on the iPhone before yet we started playing this last night and I couldn't kill him more than 3 or 4 times since he's using a 3GS, which responds, moves and registers much faster and accurate than my old device. They should look to fix this somehow.
Read my username backwards. Who do I look like? Do you recognize me?
  1. Boards
  2. Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus
  3. Not so great. Online without auto-aim is worthless.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers