• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. You Don't Know Jack
  3. How does everyone feel about the special questions?

User Info: lainako12

lainako12
7 years ago#1
I'll just be honest, the Wrong Answer of the Game thing is just no good. You spend every minute looking for that answer because it's worth so damned much that you're not even looking for the right answer first. Considering the ridiculous money you get for picking it, I wish they'd take it out. However, if you catch it before your opponent, it's a great idea to use your screw, since it's then impossible for them to get it--if they're screwed, it doesn't count. The worst that can happen is they get it right, which isn't as bad.

Nocturnal Admissions: Not bad, kind of entertaining, usually extremely easy with only very popular movies used. Almost everyone gets these right. Gladiator, Memento, Avatar...All the right answers are usually movies everyone knows.

Who's the Dummy?: Eh, they can get rid of this. It's not particularly funny, and while the questions being worded differently can be a trip-up in some cases, it's really just not that funny, and the question content is always just like regular question.

Fortune Cookie: Nothing all that special, since the fortune itself is only vaguely related to the question. Cookie just munches on the cookie, then makes up a question based on some part of the fortune. They can lose this and I won't feel any loss.

Dis or Dat (revised version): Letting other people "steal" the cash is a nice touch. Now you don't just sit there while the person playing takes his time, and you can actively participate. I like that mechanic, so I think they should stick with it. I'm not so sure on the new score format though, where time comes into massive play. I think it should stick to however much money is gained or lost if you get one right or wrong, without worrying so much about how valuable the time is.

Choices in Order: Pretty basic, nothing special. Sometimes they can be kind of tricky, so it's nice that they're challenging. But only a $1k bonus if you get it right? That's like, nothing. That's a quarter of a Jack Attack answer for an entire question. At least boost the value a little more if you're going to put any bonus at all.

Jack Attack (revised): I'm not a fan of the overly flashy web style of this one, and I really wish they had done a more classic format. The music and atmosphere of the first few in the series were really dramatic and suspenseful, and using the web version for the style is pretty weak. The biggest problem, though, is that the answers are worth way, way, way too much. $4k per answer? You can be losing horribly the entire game and still end up winning if the Jack Attack category is in your favor. $4k is ludicrous for a ten-question game. The entire game tends to always come down to who knows the Jack Attack best, regardless of how the rest of the game has gone so far. That sucks. Why $4k? Why not something more reasonable? You should be able to gain a lead in the game good enough that no one has any chance of catching you, but the Jack Attack nullifies that. That, and the music sucks. Totally lacks the drama of practically all the previous versions. I would've been happy if they had just reused the original and maybe cleaned it up a bit to sound more modern.

I think that's all of them that I can remember right now. Now, here's what I think they should bring back:

BINGO: One of the best parts of The Ride, along with Roadkill. I really hope this comes back someday.

Schmitty: My favorite host. I would've loved to hear more of him here. I like Cookie, but Schmitty's still my favorite.

13-question episodes: 10 questions is just not enough. The Ride's 13-question format was decent enough for being episodic. I still prefer 21-question games, but for an episodic format, those extra three would be really nice. Not to mention the Jack Attack makes it that much harder to keep a sustained lead.
A hole was found in the nudist camp wall. Police are looking into it.
  1. Boards
  2. You Don't Know Jack
  3. How does everyone feel about the special questions?
  • Topic Archived