• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. You Don't Know Jack
  3. Anyone try the Buzz controllers now that it's out?

User Info: grifta67

grifta67
8 years ago#1
Hey everyone!

I know this has been a topic tossed around over the past couple months, with claims of both yes and no. Now that the game is out, has anyone tried using the Buzz controllers? If it's only Dualshocks, that's kind of a deal-breaker for me.

Thanks!

User Info: tworow2

tworow2
8 years ago#2
They don't work. Jellyvision did an interview at Evil Avatar saying they don't.

User Info: grifta67

grifta67
8 years ago#3
Weak. So assuming that the average gamer has the standard 2 controllers, are they expecting us to spend almost $100 on a 3rd and 4th controller just to play a trivia game with more than one other person? Or have they come up with some clever method like two players each hold one side of the controller and use that to "buzz in" then take the controller to answer properly.

Meh, just bummed. This was going to be the source of some great parties over the next few months, but this might be a big issue.

Thanks.

User Info: Genexi2

Genexi2
8 years ago#4

Long as it has the face buttons, a d-pad, and an R2 button, you can pretty much use it for YDKJ.

I got a 4-player setup using two dualshocks, my arcade stick, and the PS3 bluray remote. ;/

User Info: InsoFox

InsoFox
8 years ago#5
The Scene It! Big button controllers do work, and I have heard that it rearranges the graphics to account for the fact you are using a controller with vertical buttons, instead of in a square.

User Info: el_brio69

el_brio69
8 years ago#6
Well that settles it for me. I would have bought the game if it supported BUZZ controllers. Stupid, stupid, stupid decision. Especially since BUZZ turned out to be fun for about 2 games and then once you realize there are only like 3 game mode (and they aren't that great) it's not fun anymore.
  1. Boards
  2. You Don't Know Jack
  3. Anyone try the Buzz controllers now that it's out?
  • Topic Archived