• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Transferring Save Data to Steam

User Info: LaughingMan434

LaughingMan434
7 years ago#1
I'm curious as to if there is some way possible to move save data from the 360 to Steam.

I realize that on the surface this may sound like a ludicrous idea but perhaps with a little hex editing and some brute force it could work out.

Thoughts?
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

User Info: TheLastTwinky

TheLastTwinky
7 years ago#2
If you extract your save from the xbox, using a USB and a program called Horizon, then you should be able to convert it into a PC compatible save, or as you said, modify it yourself to become a PC save. I'm pretty confident it is possible. Research it, maybe find the hex values you will need.

User Info: HoustonBoy98

HoustonBoy98
7 years ago#3
please dont use Horizons. Horrible program

It corrupts saves so easily
This is the only truth you will ever expose.....Your god cant save you.
XBL - Stillnacht

TheLastTwinky
7 years ago#4
HoustonBoy98 posted...
please dont use Horizons. Horrible program

It corrupts saves so easily

I know :/ But I'm yet to encounter a program that can search through the xbox folder and extract things, and is still as efficient as Horizon. At least Horizon won't always corrupt, others pretty much destroy anything in the xbox folder. If you know a better program, please tell me, I myself would rather eliminate the risk, but until then Horizon is the best option. Especially for this dude.

User Info: cobaltlotus

cobaltlotus
7 years ago#5
People have no idea what Modio is?

And how much better and easier it is to use than Horizon?
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is god tier. There, I said it.
http://goo.gl/6MEyA ~ Please click!

User Info: Anthrometal

Anthrometal
7 years ago#6
cobaltlotus posted...
People have no idea what Modio is?

And how much better and easier it is to use than Horizon?

I'll 2nd these questions.
Why do only what society dictates or allows? Is the paradigm that hard as to be shifted? Then again, the bodies do start to pile up...
GT: AnthroMetal

TheLastTwinky
7 years ago#7
I seem to be incapable of installing it and getting it to work :/ Maybe it is my crappy computer refusing to comply, but Modio simply refuses to do what it should do, regardless of what I do. Should I get it to work, hooray, and to the TC, do try and use Modio over Horizon. I forgot about it because I cannot get the damn thing to work for me.

User Info: pedrovay2004

pedrovay2004
7 years ago#8
Wait, people actually prefer Modio OVER Horizon?

I've never had a single issue with Horizon, and it's all drag-and-drop. Modio isn't nearly as easy to work with.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Transferring Save Data to Steam
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A