• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Best weapon for Knight?

User Info: Perfect_flame

Perfect_flame
8 years ago#1
Hey guys,

I'm playing my first playthrough of the game and I'm a typical Sword and Board Knight type. So far speccing mainly into End and Str with some Vit in there.

I just upgraded a curved sword to +10 in order to get the Quelaag furysword but before I commit I was wondering if there a better/more suitable weapons I should look into.

I prefer the feel of a sheild and single handed sword (Not a huge sword in one hand lol).

Cheer,

User Info: Nate545

Nate545
8 years ago#2
I know the Quuelag Furysword is based on Dex.
GT "NATHAN245"

Perfect_flame
8 years ago#3
Yeah I was concerned about this, bummer. Any tips for what I should choose instead?

User Info: R4NDOMGUY

R4NDOMGUY
8 years ago#4
Any of the Black Knight weapons, the claymore, the zweihander, or the manserpent greatsword are all good STR weapons, though they're all rather large weapons. They're STR-focused weapons, what can you expect? You could always enchant a lighter blade with an elemental enchantment.
GT: ExplosiveCrate

User Info: deathmyrk

deathmyrk
8 years ago#5
Perfect_flame posted...
Hey guys,

I'm playing my first playthrough of the game and I'm a typical Sword and Board Knight type. So far speccing mainly into End and Str with some Vit in there.

I just upgraded a curved sword to +10 in order to get the Quelaag furysword but before I commit I was wondering if there a better/more suitable weapons I should look into.

I prefer the feel of a sheild and single handed sword (Not a huge sword in one hand lol).

Cheer,

I am also a Knight, but do not know what the heck I am doing with him. He is in the Way of White (whatever that means, I guess Paladin), but I haven't put a point in faith. I am focusing on Dex., End., and Vit. and am using Drake Sword (getting sick of the sword though). For being lvl 34, my Strength is only 18, I try to up it once every 10th some-odd level, and rotate dispersion for the 3 major areas. The Drake Sword is fair, I am finding out it is a bit overrated through the experience of wielding it...
XBL GT: Deathmyrk

User Info: pjcamper

pjcamper
8 years ago#6
Manserpent Greatsword, Claymore, and Bastard Sword probably have the fastest movesets of the great swords. I prefer the MSGS, it scales very nicely with strength.

The better straight swords (like the Balder Side Sword) scale with DEX.

Perfect_flame
8 years ago#7
What about the Giant Axe?
I already sold my Claymore and Zweihander :-(

User Info: DeceitfulWings

DeceitfulWings
8 years ago#8
Claymore would have been a good choice if you still had it. However you can still buy a Bastard Sword from the Parish Blacksmith and it's a decent weapon.

If you are going for that Knight type build, why not stick with the longsword? It doesn't scale that great with anything but you can get the to drop easy so you can have multiple to try different upgrade paths. It has a pretty good moveset including a pierce attack for R2.

Balder Side Sword would fit into a knight type of build as well but since it scales with dex you could always upgrade to something that doesn't scale with stats like an elemental, or even a Chaos.
Currently Playing: | 360: Dark Souls | PS3: Demon Souls / MW3 | Wii: Muramasa: The Demon Blade |

User Info: deathmyrk

deathmyrk
8 years ago#9
Would Dexterity be a good attribute to concentrate on leveling for a Knight? I have been concentrating mostly on Dexterity. Come to think of it, it would have been better served for a thief or hunter...
XBL GT: Deathmyrk

User Info: moodyjm2

moodyjm2
8 years ago#10
Straightsword or Greatsword.
Ahoy!
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Best weapon for Knight?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A