• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Is there a way/mod to make Zombies not burn in sunlight?

User Info: ShawnSyn

ShawnSyn
5 years ago#1
I would make a mod for it, but I don't how to code. I also looked for some and couldn't find an updated one.

I found a mod that let's you change how many/what mobs spawn, so I set it to all Zombies. It gets boring when they all die from sunlight,though.

User Info: Megeas

Megeas
5 years ago#2
give them hats :)

User Info: Cucumberflant

Cucumberflant
5 years ago#3
Megeas posted...
give them hats :)

Eventually their hats explode. Trust me, I tried :(
"Some say that on quiet nights, when no one is posting, you can still hear the faint sound of him complaining."-Arne83 on Fritz

User Info: Mr Hangman

Mr Hangman
5 years ago#4
Uhh, no, actually, their hats don't explode. Some percentage of zombies and skeletons (as many as 55% on hard mode I think) can pick up items lying on the ground. If they pick up a helmet or a pumpkin, they will wear it and it will protect them from sunlight. Mobs that pick up loot also are prevented from ever despawning, so that if they kill you and take your armor you have a chance to get it back. Zombies that spawn already wearing a helmet are safe from sunlight, but they can despawn. Baby zombies are immune to sunlight, and any skeleton or zombie standing in water (or in the shade obviously) will be protected from sunlight. Skeletons' AI will try to seek out water or shade to stay safe.
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune

User Info: MyExtraAccount

MyExtraAccount
5 years ago#5
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1791874-152v19zombie-sunscreen-zombies-and-skeletons-dont-burn/

Uh, it's for 1.5.2

Not updated, sadly :c Keep an eye on it though.
The official Tsun of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

Cucumberflant
5 years ago#6
Mr Hangman posted...
Uhh, no, actually, their hats don't explode. Some percentage of zombies and skeletons (as many as 55% on hard mode I think) can pick up items lying on the ground. If they pick up a helmet or a pumpkin, they will wear it and it will protect them from sunlight. Mobs that pick up loot also are prevented from ever despawning, so that if they kill you and take your armor you have a chance to get it back. Zombies that spawn already wearing a helmet are safe from sunlight, but they can despawn. Baby zombies are immune to sunlight, and any skeleton or zombie standing in water (or in the shade obviously) will be protected from sunlight. Skeletons' AI will try to seek out water or shade to stay safe.

I dressed up a zombie in full diamond armor once and put him in a glass box outside my house. One day I heard the sound of armor breaking, looked outside, his hat was gone and he was burning.
"Some say that on quiet nights, when no one is posting, you can still hear the faint sound of him complaining."-Arne83 on Fritz

User Info: Mr Hangman

Mr Hangman
5 years ago#7
Perhaps you gave it a near-broken diamond helmet and it took damage from a skeleton or creeper or iron golem or something.
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune

Cucumberflant
5 years ago#8
No, it was fresh armor, and the box was lit up with torches, though that wouldn't matter because skeletons and creepers do not mistake zombies for players anyways.

User Info: TuxedoCyan

TuxedoCyan
5 years ago#9
I'll see if helmets take durability damage from daylight when worn by zombies during the day. A quick test should do it.
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?

User Info: TuxedoCyan

TuxedoCyan
5 years ago#10
Oh wow... He's right. Sunlight takes durability from helmets worn by zombies. I gave a zombie a diamond helmet with 2 durability left. He put it on, I made it daytime, his helmet broke almost instantly and he died. No other mobs were around and I didn't touch him.
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Is there a way/mod to make Zombies not burn in sunlight?
  • Topic Archived