• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. LAN Server - Connection timed out: connect

User Info: Nefhith

Nefhith
7 years ago#1
I'm getting this everytime my sister wants to join my minecraft LAN server. I already tried reinstalling java and the whole '.minecraft' folder. Any suggestion in how to fix this?
I eat at a level 5 seafood restaurant.

User Info: Megawizard

Megawizard
7 years ago#2
Quick checklist:
-Are you guys using regular or LAN IPs?
-Firewall's cleared for Minecraft?
-If you're the one hosting, you need port 25565 (unless you changed default) forwarded on the router to your tower.
^( ' ' )^

Nefhith
7 years ago#3
Megawizard posted...
Quick checklist:
-If you're the one hosting, you need port 25565 (unless you changed default) forwarded on the router to your tower.

It uses a random port. I'm hosting a LAN server made by the minecraft.exe file itself, not minecraft_server.exe.

We're using the regulat 192.168.0.101/102 IP

Yup, firewall is cleared for minecraft, and already had port 25565 open. I also added an exception for the exe itself in both computers, just in case.

Annndd... We both bought the game so it's not because it's the pirate version.

User Info: Megawizard

Megawizard
7 years ago#4
Nefhith posted...
Megawizard posted...
Quick checklist:

It uses a random port. I'm hosting a LAN server made by the minecraft.exe file itself, not minecraft_server.exe.

We're using the regulat 192.168.0.101/102 IP

Yup, firewall is cleared for minecraft, and already had port 25565 open. I also added an exception for the exe itself in both computers, just in case.

Annndd... We both bought the game so it's not because it's the pirate version.

That's... weird. If it's doing that, having the default port open won't accomplish a lot.
^( ' ' )^

Nefhith
7 years ago#5
Megawizard posted...
That's... weird. If it's doing that, having the default port open won't accomplish a lot.

I know. I'm breaking my head to know how to make it always open the same port, but it always says "server opened at 0.0.0.0:2241 (for example), where 0.0.0.0 is my LAN IP and the port, random.

I made firewall exceptions for the ports after making the server, but it still appears.

User Info: toothless420

toothless420
7 years ago#6
are you conected on the same windows network guessing you are both on pc
like can you acess each other pc
if not its the issue

User Info: Bunnu

Bunnu
7 years ago#7
Is she trying to connect by entering localhost or the ip number?
PSN: Lilithian-V-
I think anyone who didn't experience gaming on the C64 back in the 80's shouldn't be allowed to professionally review games today. My opinion

Nefhith
7 years ago#8
Lilithian_V posted...
Is she trying to connect by entering localhost or the ip number?

Of course it's not localhost. It's the default server that appears after minecraft finished saying "looking for local servers" or something like that.

toothless420 posted...
are you conected on the same windows network guessing you are both on pc
like can you acess each other pc
if not its the issue

It isn't. That has nothing to do with that.

User Info: MonerMoner

MonerMoner
7 years ago#9
Old bump, did you try to use the ipv4 address from the server computer? And use that on hers.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. LAN Server - Connection timed out: connect
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A