• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Can I play Minecraft on a MAC with my account? (I'm primarily a PC user)

User Info: butsizzle

butsizzle
8 years ago#1
Me and a buddy want to split Minecraft, but he has a MAC and I have an HP. Would we be able to use the same account even with different machines?

EDIT: And yes I already know we can't play at the same time, we just want to avoid having to buy two copies.
"Did you just say that you respect pedophiles?" - butsizzle
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer

User Info: TitanStrike

TitanStrike
8 years ago#2
Yes, you will have no problems. But you risk getting banned, can never play together, and you are ripping off Mojang's hard work.
oxxxx|==============>
MC, Steam, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE

User Info: butsizzle

butsizzle
8 years ago#3
Quote:Yes, you will have no problems. But you risk getting banned, can never play together, and you are ripping off Mojang's hard work.
@TitanStrike

I bought the game twice already. Just wanted my buddy to enjoy the experience in hopes that he'll buy his own copy. Thanks for the quick response.
"Did you just say that you respect pedophiles?" - butsizzle
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer

User Info: Fullmetal_77

Fullmetal_77
8 years ago#4
TitanStrike posted...
Yes, you will have no problems. But you risk getting banned, can never play together, and you are ripping off Mojang's hard work.

Mojang has actively encouraged people to pirate the game in the past to try it out. They're one of those sensible companies that knows they've already made an absolute fortune on the game, and that a low percentage of pirates aren't going to bring them into financial ruin.
Pokemon White FC: 1549-4524-4165

User Info: TitanStrike

TitanStrike
8 years ago#5
I know, they say to buy it after and all but still you should buy it eventually.
oxxxx|==============>
MC, Steam, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE

User Info: Legolas5131

Legolas5131
8 years ago#6
I've never heard of a minecraft account being universally banned or deleted. Has that actually happened? I'm fairly certain that Mojang does nothing to "police" minecraft accounts to watch for this type of stuff.
"Oh Pish Posh! Nothing but Rubbish! Simple stereotypes conceived by the common mind of a lesser man." -- Kenedy Rose

User Info: thaandiesel

thaandiesel
8 years ago#7
Simple, if you can lan the mac and pc, login and install it on both pc, then log off of one and play offline, but you should still be able to see then in a lan game.
<- FX6300@4.6ghz - 2183mhz RipjawX - 270x DD@1275mhz
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Can I play Minecraft on a MAC with my account? (I'm primarily a PC user)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A