64x64 or 128x128 texture packs with good item textures?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. 64x64 or 128x128 texture packs with good item textures?

User Info: Retro_Cuddles

Retro_Cuddles
7 years ago#11
people who complain about hi res texture packs are people with wooden pc's that cant handle it.
I dont give a crap if its your or you're i was in special class in school.

User Info: MC_BatCommander

MC_BatCommander
7 years ago#12
lol @ you guys. I never said you couldn't share your opinion. Just don't make pointlessly off topic posts if you're not gonna even bother helping the TC.

"Oh look, a topic asking for texture recommendations, I'm gonna go in and smugly talk about the purity of using a lower res texture"

lol
Punching trees!

User Info: Cl3v3r1nd33d

Cl3v3r1nd33d
7 years ago#13
people who complain about hi res texture packs are people with wooden pc's that cant handle it.

lols were had.

Anyway, I use Misa's 64x64. It's really the only one at or above 64x64 I've seen that stays true enough to the original designs, tiles well, and generally comes together well.

I don't think the problem with most 64x64 and 128x128 texture packs is that they're "not retro enough" or whatever. I think the real problem is, the artists who make them often use textures that look like high res photographs of dirt, sand, grass, etc. Then they all tile weirdly and just look awful together.

I'm no texture artist, so I'm not trying to say it's easy, and I definitely don't know how to do it. But there's an art to making good textures. I feel that most of these 128 texture packs completely miss the mark. They lack soul, style, creativity, and any common theme. Then, they go even farther by having odd contrasts between different materials.
"I can assure you that the cake is not a lie, but thank you for saying so. ALL TEN THOUSAND OF YOU." -Notch

User Info: MC_BatCommander

MC_BatCommander
7 years ago#14
I actually just came across a Borderlands style 128X128 that's pretty cool. It's still in development though so the items aren't done, you could probably mix and match with the items from Misa's or Bumpmaft.
Punching trees!

User Info: RBF11586

RBF11586
7 years ago#15
"They lack soul, style, creativity, and any common theme. Then, they go even farther by having odd contrasts between different materials."

This is mostly the reason I don't use higher res packs besides rezcraft. I certainly have a powerful enough machine to run 64x or 128x textures but i find they lack the soul of the game.

Some are fantastic to look at but totally miss the mark.
XBL gamer tag - mistahnuff
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. 64x64 or 128x128 texture packs with good item textures?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived