• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. Has anyone else run into this issue?

User Info: ShadowGravity21

ShadowGravity21
3 months ago#1
For reference, I got the game on Steam.
Installed the game late Friday night, made my character and logged off since it was late. Next morning, boot up PSO2 through the shortcut and it asks me to download the game (same thing happened when booting through Steam). After it checked that I still had the game's files, I boot the game, log in with my character and go through a loading screen only for the game to freeze after a while and close completely. Twice. Same thing just happened now.

Has this happened to anyone else? Coz idk if it's just a server thing or my laptop being weird. I really don't want to reinstall the game after it took so long.
Currently playing: Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution, Genshin Impact, Trails of Cold Steel 4

User Info: Rajamic

Rajamic
3 months ago#2
I can't say I have, but from my experience on the Windows Store version, I was already using PSO2Tweaker to handle in install and launching of the game, even after I switched to the Steam version.

User Info: __C_L_O_U_D__

__C_L_O_U_D__
3 months ago#3
If it crashes while in the loading "tunnel," seems like the game has missing/corrupted assets. I suggest using the Tweaker to verify the game files, but be sure that you have it set for NA.

Note that this process will take a while; not as long as a complete reinstall, but it will need some time to build its data/file list.

Might also be permission/exe issues, which the Tweaker can fix as well.
You don't need a reason to help people.

User Info: M_Jackson007

M_Jackson007
3 months ago#4
Yes, Tweaker is your friend, for many reasons. I've never run into issues like this, although I was getting stupid gameguard crashes for a brief time about a month ago. Seems to have stopped now and it was only an issue with several UQs before.
If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing

ShadowGravity21
3 months ago#5
I'm not familiar with this tweaker, but I'll find it and see if that fixes anything.
__C_L_O_U_D__ posted... I suggest using the Tweaker to verify the game files, but be sure that you have it set for NA.
I live in Europe, but hopefully it'll still work.

Currently playing: Sora no Kiseki FC Evolution, Genshin Impact, Trails of Cold Steel 4

User Info: Rajamic

Rajamic
3 months ago#6
ShadowGravity21 posted...
I'm not familiar with this tweaker, but I'll find it and see if that fixes anything.
I live in Europe, but hopefully it'll still work.

That's fine. NA is what the Tweaker calls the Global version.

ShadowGravity21
3 months ago#7
Used the tweaker and it worked. It updated my game and everything's working now. Thanks for the help.

User Info: nhat

nhat
2 months ago#8
Never had the issue. They just updated the game to download through steam now so it doesn't update from the launcher anymore, the launcher only launches the game now
PSO- 09
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. Has anyone else run into this issue?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A