• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. I guess this is never releasing on ps4 in NA?

User Info: __C_L_O_U_D__

__C_L_O_U_D__
2 months ago#11
You're kinda arguing about different specifics here.

Just because it is on PS4 on JP doesn't help the case of it coming over on NA. There are the version differences that was mentioned, and the legal stuff on top of that, concerning whatever the agreement Sega and MS have.

JP does not have an XB1 version either, and the pre-NGS graphics update is coming without an announcement for it.
You don't need a reason to help people.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Grey009

Grey009
2 months ago#12
__C_L_O_U_D__ posted...
You're kinda arguing about different specifics here.

Just because it is on PS4 on JP doesn't help the case of it coming over on NA. There are the version differences that was mentioned, and the legal stuff on top of that, concerning whatever the agreement Sega and MS have.

JP does not have an XB1 version either, and the pre-NGS graphics update is coming without an announcement for it.

I'm not arguing about the specifics nor do I want to. I'm merely making the point that unless Sega sends out a statement that they have no plans to port PSO2 to Playstation 4/5 that it's not unreasonable to expect there being a chance in the future. And when I say chance that's just what it means, it's not a guarantee it'll happen.
(edited 2 months ago)

__C_L_O_U_D__
2 months ago#13
Grey009 posted...
I'm not arguing about the specifics nor do I want to.

"Specifics" may not be exactly the right term here, but I can't think of the proper word/phrase. Anyway.

I'm merely making the point that unless Sega sends out a statement that they have no plans to port PSO2 to Playstation 4/5 that it's not unreasonable to expect there being a chance in the future.

But what you said was...

Well it is on PS4 in JP so there's always a chance.

Which isn't exactly true. Just because it is released in one region for a system wouldn't make it available on another.

For example, look at Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. It's out on PS3 and PC, but the PC version is region locked. Because of reasons, Japanese players can't play it on PC, but can do so on PS3.

Mind you, I'm on your side here. I do think there's a chance for a PS release. Simply because, like I said in my earlier post, we all thought an English release was never happening, especially it being released that late into the game's lifespan.

Oh and FWIW, I don't think the JP PS4 version is region locked. Or at least, it wasn't. We had an NA player on our Team who used to play using the JP release on PS4. He didn't understand a thing in the UI, but hey, there's that.

User Info: Grey009

Grey009
2 months ago#14
__C_L_O_U_D__ posted...
"Specifics" may not be exactly the right term here, but I can't think of the proper word/phrase. Anyway.

But what you said was...

Well it is on PS4 in JP so there's always a chance.

A bit unfair to give yourself an opportunity to clarify what you meant then not give me mine all in one post don't you think?

Which isn't exactly true. Just because it is released in one region for a system wouldn't make it available on another.

There's still nothing to disprove with absolute certainty there won't be an NA release on Playstation.

For example, look at Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. It's out on PS3 and PC, but the PC version is region locked. Because of reasons, Japanese players can't play it on PC, but can do so on PS3.

Two different games run by two different companies with different circumstances. No reason to bring them up because I'm not discussing why it could or couldn't happen.

Mind you, I'm on your side here. I do think there's a chance for a PS release. Simply because, like I said in my earlier post, we all thought an English release was never happening, especially it being released that late into the game's lifespan.

If we are both on the same side then there's no longer a need to go into the discussion any further. If Sega can or can't do it we'll know in the future.

__C_L_O_U_D__
2 months ago#15
Grey009 posted...
A bit unfair to give yourself an opportunity to clarify what you meant then not give me mine all in one post don't you think?

...what?

No reason to bring them up because I'm not discussing why it could or couldn't happen.

There actually is. Sony has exclusive rights of distribution for MGSRR in Asia. If Microsoft acquired something similar for PSO2, it means there won't be a PS4 or Switch release.

But you've made it obvious that you're not even close to being a smidge open to discussion, so I'll stop here. Awesome use of the "La la la la, I can't hear you" defense paired with 15★ Burden Shift. I'm impressed.

User Info: nhat

nhat
2 months ago#16
I enjoyed ep4, it's enjoyable and fun so that's all it matters in the end.

I think it might be released on PS4/5 after a year after NGS is released. MS have a deal with Sega it seems especially since MS is the one that really pushed and supported the NA release. Normally I'm not a fan of exclusive deals but in this case, without MS, this game would have never came out to the west and I been waiting 8 years for it
PSO- 09

User Info: darkknight39

darkknight39
2 months ago#17
nhat posted...
I enjoyed ep4, it's enjoyable and fun so that's all it matters in the end.

I think it might be released on PS4/5 after a year after NGS is released. MS have a deal with Sega it seems especially since MS is the one that really pushed and supported the NA release. Normally I'm not a fan of exclusive deals but in this case, without MS, this game would have never came out to the west and I been waiting 8 years for it
pretty sure that the exclusivity deal already ended considering its in stores other then microsoft's, but they just arent bothering to port it for ps4.
"you cannot let yourself be held back by common sense " -Sanae Kochiya

User Info: nhat

nhat
2 months ago#18
darkknight39 posted...
pretty sure that the exclusivity deal already ended considering its in stores other then microsoft's, but they just arent bothering to port it for ps4.

PS4 is already ported on the JP side so doesn't really make sense not to if they have the chance. They shown to want to expand out to even the epic store even though the population isn't as big as steam.
PSO- 09
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. I guess this is never releasing on ps4 in NA?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A