• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. This game or Genshin impact?

User Info: HeartOfDog

HeartOfDog
1 year ago#1
topic

Reported

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
1 year ago#2
I am currently playing both. PSO2 has much more depth both in terms of combat and the entire progression system. Also there's so much more fashion in this game. Genshin is so much better graphically, I absolutely love the art direction. Also the music is really good in Genshin. I hate to say this but PSO2 music is so bad and cheesy outside of tracks inherited from older games.
I can't believe I've been on Gamefaqs for 20 years now O_O

User Info: Curse

Curse
1 year ago#3
The whole game is cheesy, so the cheesy music fits. Whoever was responsible for that Moonlight Sonata version from Ep 4 should rethink their career choice, though.

User Info: Laplacia

Laplacia
1 year ago#4
depends on whether you want zhang to have access to your entire filesystem or not

User Info: Shinigami2784

Shinigami2784
1 year ago#5
PSO2 if you want good multiplayer, Genshin if you want good single player.
It's a trick, get an axe.

User Info: nhat

nhat
1 year ago#6
GI is a mobile game first and true. It have a gacha system that have weapons and characters. A lot of players are going through the honeymoon phase and I guarantee that once harder content is released that Mihoyo is going to push the gacha just like any other mobile company. I played their other game HI3 and got burnt pretty bad by their gacha and tons of progression gates and I hated it. I played a lot of other gacha games and it's no where as bad as HI3 so imo GI is going to end up like that too going by their history.
PSO- 09

User Info: SUPERMARTH

SUPERMARTH
1 year ago#7
Gacha freemium game vs Freemium game.

PSO2 has "gacha" but its basically just fashion. Also all the "gacha" items can be bought off other players on the market with in-game currency. You will never be punished for not spending money but life will be more inconvenient with inventory space/premium features missing.

GI, from what I hear, is the typical gacha phone game but with decent gameplay attached. If you're into just playing with what you get from the free draws (aka not the best team, missing characters, not MAX'd chars) then GI would probably be fun.

PSO2 all the way though, in my opinion.

Michael Pavone, REMAX agent

User Info: sh00g

sh00g
1 year ago#8
Last Soldier posted...
I am currently playing both. PSO2 has much more depth both in terms of combat and the entire progression system. Also there's so much more fashion in this game. Genshin is so much better graphically, I absolutely love the art direction. Also the music is really good in Genshin. I hate to say this but PSO2 music is so bad and cheesy outside of tracks inherited from older games.

I feel like the music is all over the place. Their challenge mode and mining base 3 sound tracks was their crowning achievement.

User Info: arcnova

arcnova
1 year ago#9
I play both

Pso2 has better combat

But the exploration in Genshin is so good it outshined everything good about pso2
soul silver code
2021 3448 6610

User Info: Pegeta

Pegeta
1 year ago#10
Genshin impact is going to mindf*** you into spending 300+ dollars a lot faster then pso2
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. This game or Genshin impact?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A