• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. Does PSO2 [JP version] have IP Block?

User Info: tottob

tottob
4 years ago#1
I'm downloading PSO2 JP, and i want to know if JP version has IP BLOCK.
By the moment while i'm downloading there's no errors or something...
I already have a VPN program, that i use to play closers jp haha xD

Soo ... i need to use vpn in order to play/download hte JP version ?

User Info: Zeroxas_27

Zeroxas_27
4 years ago#2
AFAIK, there's no IP ban for those outside Japan.......except if you're from SEA region.
Special song of today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3VZBlmVWFM
This song are not really appropriate for Valentine's Day, but love isn't always sweet.

User Info: opfer_gv

opfer_gv
4 years ago#3
Officially on ToS, you are not allowed to play from outside of Japan. But they don't care much about where you accessing from as long as you don't make trouble..
Love is fiction.

User Info: LurkerLord

LurkerLord
4 years ago#4
There was an IP block-like situation for users outside Japan when the PSO2 servers were DDoS'ed in June 2014.

We had to use a VPN for a couple of months, but by December that year those restrictions were removed and we could once again connect without a VPN. I've heard some people say they still need to use a VPN, but I don't.
*kills topic*

User Info: TheszNuts

TheszNuts
4 years ago#5
You still need a VPN if you are from SEA/Taiwan.
Xbox Live Ambassador
GT: Axl DS

User Info: rice_noodles

rice_noodles
4 years ago#6
TheszNuts posted...
You still need a VPN if you are from SEA/Taiwan.

>Taiwan

No you don't. Sakai explicitly stated they aren't IP blocking Taiwanese players in an interview regarding localization in that region. Taiwanese players are playing just fine right now.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. Does PSO2 [JP version] have IP Block?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A