• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. All non-Japanese players are now banned from PSO2.

User Info: Tman229

Tman229
7 years ago#41
People are idiots especially when they are behind a screen. Us foreign should of been keeping a low profile for the very start. It's pretty self explanation if you have common sense. Now it sounds like people are actually provoking japanese players and Sega to get us banned. I know this is more likely not just an American thing and it probably happens in other situation between other countries. However as a american with others in plain sight doing ridiculous things, I can understand if the japanese can't stand us in their version of the game.

Sad thing is that when PSO2 get's localized, we're going to destroy that version like we did PSU with the hacking and when everything runs back to PSO2 jp then Sega will no doubt place that IP block.
PSN - Tman229
Xbox360 GameTag - Tcrusader51

User Info: Tman229

Tman229
7 years ago#42
Btw, this is coming from someone from ship 2 though I don't really hang around in block 20 or any specific block really.
PSN - Tman229
Xbox360 GameTag - Tcrusader51

User Info: ZeroX91

ZeroX91
7 years ago#43
Even if they ip ban can't you just get around it with a vpn? Hell, I used one to play Y's online a few years back.

Though I'm sure quite a few playing on block 20 deserved it, obnoxious community is obnoxious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFPuF_alMlw
By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.---George Carlin

User Info: Jin Chonshu

Jin Chonshu
7 years ago#44
"Entitled" is a word that has lost all potency because it has been overused by malicious parties in game development. Use something else.
Pandora No Hako Iori Dai'ichiban - Souguu
If you were quiet and listened for a little, you'd know it was all only fooling around. - Yuka

User Info: MegaMettaur

MegaMettaur
7 years ago#45
The tos is simply saying you have to have a japanese ip in order to legally play. No part of this says you must be japanese and you aren't allowed to speak english. It also says you can't connect through a proxy, because that's an indirect connection.
Official Video Game Character of certain boards of their respective games.
3DS FC: 2492 4510 6341, Pokemon Black FC: coming soon lol.

User Info: Jakomayne

Jakomayne
7 years ago#46
Gamer sure loves mentioning PSOW.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5127/leaderaz.jpg

User Info: Vashzaron

Vashzaron
7 years ago#47
I'm getting some real PSU JP Deja Vu.

All that wonderful fear mongering that if people find your a baka gaijin you'll be reported and get banned, so don't speak in lobbies publicly and don't forget you are guest in this glorious server. All. Over. Again.

Which is funny because at through the game's life if you asked for proof that someone got banned for doing exactly that, you'd receive 0 replies. The best that would happen is 2ch putting you on their glorious community black list.

This sudden TOS change will have some people on edge, but give it a few weeks and people will ease up to the point it was again. Then if various reports of multiple people geting banned for the sole reason that they was found out to be a non JP resident (not to be confused someone that spams obscene stuff then cries that he was banned due to been figured out to be a foreigner spy!) then maybe it'll be time to cry and write out walls of texts on why this is all Ship 2's/English Patch's Fault(!)
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Deculture

User Info: VespaGirlKaede

VespaGirlKaede
7 years ago#48
I'm pretty convinced as long as you don't post symbol arts of people ploppin' their shorts, nothing bad is going to happen. Have fun playing, and respect your fellow gamer.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
7 years ago#49
OtakuD50 posted...
You don't need to provide a Japanese address to play. You need one to get AC points, but there's a way around that as well.

You need one to register a Japanese Sega account.
I remember it because it was the hardest part of registering.
Gamers: We want better performance in Dark Souls! PC Port plx!
FromSoft: So you want framerate issues on PC?! OK!

User Info: Vashzaron

Vashzaron
7 years ago#50
DarkZV2Beta posted...
OtakuD50 posted...
You don't need to provide a Japanese address to play. You need one to get AC points, but there's a way around that as well.

You need one to register a Japanese Sega account.
I remember it because it was the hardest part of registering.

You only needed to do so in the Alpha.
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Deculture
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Online 2
  3. All non-Japanese players are now banned from PSO2.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers