• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Died while killing a boss

User Info: Straw-Hat

Straw-Hat
2 months ago#1
Are there any consequences to this? I died against the butterfly while my NPC killed it and it happened at the same time. Is the NPC lost forever? Can I summon her again, I don’t really get how the summon NPC works to be honest.

FYI, I got back safely and grabbed my souls, the drops came automatically.

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen
2 months ago#2
As long as you aren't Hollow, you should be able to summon any of the NPC's as many times as you like. Assuming, of course, that you meet any prerequisites they have (story events and such.)
<(0.0<) <(0.0)^ ^(0.0)^ ^(0.0)> (>0.0)>==============O
"Kirby... Ka... Me... Ha... Me... HAAAAA!!!!!!"

Straw-Hat
2 months ago#3
c_s_tadsen posted...
As long as you aren't Hollow, you should be able to summon any of the NPC's as many times as you like. Assuming, of course, that you meet any prerequisites they have (story events and such.)

Ah cool so if I go back to where I summoned the the witch near the butterfly as a human, I can just summon her again even though the butterfly is dead?

User Info: Strelok

Strelok
2 months ago#4
No, once a boss is dead, you can no longer be invaded or summon people/NPCs.

Straw-Hat
2 months ago#5
Ah ok that makes sense, I always summon at the most inopportune time as I need to stop playing but can’t because of the summon. I once had to multitask fighting gaping dragon and moving stuff around the house lol, good thing it was an easier boss.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Died while killing a boss
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A