What's the 'fastest' weapon that's not a drop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. What's the 'fastest' weapon that's not a drop?

User Info: Leicalol

Leicalol
5 months ago#1
As in what weapon will blow through the game the quickest, I've played it many times and I'd like to just do a quick few runs without resetting for a BKH or something.

Not trying to speedrun for real but I'd just like to feel real powerful early on while not really having to stop at any point to grind or collect something, no magic/pyro if possible.

I've done a few SL1's and stuff so this would be a nice change of pace.

User Info: Da Dood

Da Dood
5 months ago#2
You can get the Gravelord Sword as soon as you land in Lordran. Go to the Catacombs, shield the skeles and drop straight to the room with the covenant warp. Should take a few level ups to make it 2-hand wieldable, but the whole game is smooth sailing after that.

There's also the Uchigatana, which is a drop, but it's a guaranteed drop. Kill the Undead Burg merchant and enjoy making demons bleed (literally).
My Super Mario Maker levels ~
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Ren_Dood

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
5 months ago#3
If you're doing a catacombs suicide run you can grab the Great Scythe on the way down too, exceptionally powerful, rangey, and dex weapon. The Lucerne is on the way as well and it's pretty legit for a Leo Ring build.

User Info: dubbyonahill

dubbyonahill
5 months ago#4
the FASTEST..aka with low risk and 100% useful/certain would be the Zweihander..its in the graveyard at Firelink on the back right..its powerful as heck and only requires a few stat points to weild (and since you'll be two-handing it..the weapon will do major damage

User Info: Leicalol

Leicalol
5 months ago#5
Yeah these seem like good options, thanks boys.

User Info: alchemy60

alchemy60
5 months ago#6
You could also get the black Knight Halberd by backstabbing the black knight off the cliff in dark root basin but it's not guaranteed
PSN: StealthBlade98
Youtube channel: jagr06

User Info: SilverKyousuke

SilverKyousuke
5 months ago#7
alchemy60 posted...
You could also get the black Knight Halberd by backstabbing the black knight off the cliff in dark root basin but it's not guaranteed

TC was looking for a weapon that's not a drop. They also mentioned that they didn't want to try and get a BKH or keep reseting until they get one.

That said, I heard the Falchion was pretty good and that came from a speedrunner so it must do some pretty good damage and it is a pretty fast weapon too I believe. In any case it would be a different weapon to try out. You can get one where the Wanderer set is in Blighttown, a mimic in Duke's Archives drops an Enchanted Falchion but that's pretty late game. Lastly you can try to get one from a Skeleton by Firelink Shrine but that is a drop so unless you don't want to go to Blighttown the Skeleton drop is the earliest you can get it. But at least you can respawn and try again.
I also reccomend the Uchigatana from the male undead merchant in Undread Burg. It is a 100% guaranteed drop when you kill him and it does good damage throughout the game. On my SL 13 character I used a +5 Lightning Uchigatana to kill Four Kings easily, even O&S but that was a bit of a lengthy fight for obvious reasons. It also doesn't require much investment into stats to get decent damage.
GT: xXPakkunXx My FC is: 3539-9672-6526
Pokemon Moon IGN: Adelaide TSV: 0243

alchemy60
5 months ago#8
But the Uchigatana is also a drop by killing the merchant in undead burg. So again i don't get the point of this thread if he won't try the black knight halberd too.

I never actually tried the falchion in dark souls 1 unless i was leveling it up for the queelag fury sword :(

User Info: SilverKyousuke

SilverKyousuke
5 months ago#9
alchemy60 posted...
But the Uchigatana is also a drop by killing the merchant in undead burg. So again i don't get the point of this thread if he won't try the black knight halberd too.

I never actually tried the falchion in dark souls 1 unless i was leveling it up for the queelag fury sword :(

I think the point is they don't want to farm for a chance at a weapon. The Uchigatana is guaranteed to drop so it's more like looting the weapon rather than farming it. They also mentioned that they don't want to keep reseting everytime the knight doesn't drop the halberd.
About the Falchion though, I haven't tried it either. I usually buy a Scimitar to get Quelaag's. I don't think I've tried curved swords at all in DS1 besides the Murakumo curved greatsword.
GT: xXPakkunXx My FC is: 3539-9672-6526
Pokemon Moon IGN: Adelaide TSV: 0243

alchemy60
5 months ago#10
OK but killing the undead Merchant is such a bad idea. He's the only source for repair powder. You can get the uchigatana not too far in the game by joining a covenant and buying it from a NPC :P
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. What's the 'fastest' weapon that's not a drop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived