So what do you want changed in the remaster?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. So what do you want changed in the remaster?

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
9 months ago#1
May it be graphical or mechanical.

I personally want the damage output nerfed for backstabs by a quarter . Or add in Gower's Ring of Protection. Perhaps this will add some incentive to use parries for big damage instead.

And second, I want the Leo Ring buffed because I'm a spear user and gaining the bonus from the ring feels really difficult. So perhaps increase the time window for counter hits, or add in another effect to the ring, like triple poise drain. This will make tankers think twice about moving in on you.

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
9 months ago#2
No to all your ideas, as someone who is in it for the PvE I've already had enough pain from DS2's PvP concessions. Leo Ring is already plenty strong.

I want them to include fast ladder climbing.

Question, do we want them to fix tumblebuffing or dupes? I get they're glitches but they allow for some amazing things.

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
9 months ago#3
Great_Khan posted...
No to all your ideas, as someone who is in it for the PvE I've already had enough pain from DS2's PvP concessions. Leo Ring is already plenty strong.

Question, do we want them to fix tumblebuffing or dupes? I get they're glitches but they allow for some amazing things.

The Leo ring is strong in PVE maybe because the enemies attacks are highly telegraphed, but not so much when you are holding a spear against someone stacked with poise fishing for backstabs.

Was faster ladder climbing in the other games? If not then I doubt this will get added in.

No, I don't think there's anything wrong with tumblebuffing or soul dupes. I don't think they should be removed either, but perhaps they can make it more difficult to execute. For example, how soul duping was done in DS2.

User Info: Da Dood

Da Dood
9 months ago#4
I know a lot of tweaks would be necessary to re-balance multiplayer, but man, just the thought of not being able to OHKO a boss with a bunch of buffs would make me less excited to play the game. If only PvE and PvP were separate things balance-wise, but oh well.

Realistic wish: better framerate, less load times

Dream wish: edit character's appearance at any time, no forced NG+ after defeating Gwyn
My Super Mario Maker levels ~
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Ren_Dood

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
9 months ago#5
Daimeion posted...
Great_Khan posted...

The Leo ring is strong in PVE maybe because the enemies attacks are highly telegraphed, but not so much when you are holding a spear against someone stacked with poise fishing for backstabs.

Was faster ladder climbing in the other games? If not then I doubt this will get added in.

No, I don't think there's anything wrong with tumblebuffing or soul dupes. I don't think they should be removed either, but perhaps they can make it more difficult to execute. For example, how soul duping was done in DS2.

As I said, I'm here to preserve the purity of the PvE, I fully admit those things don't work in PvP but I'm selfishly unwilling to break them haha. Re-reading I'm all for the addition of Gower's Ring now that I think about it since it's a PvP fix which doesn't intrude on the single player aspect.

They've had fast ladder climbing since DS2, so I'd hope it'd be an easy add.

I'd hope they don't go, soul duping is handy for making new builds once you're already decent at the game, and the tumblebuff is cool despite breaking the systems of the game.

User Info: LacedaemonX

LacedaemonX
9 months ago#6
I hope they change absolutely nothing. The reason I played the game religiously was because it was the way it was. Obviously not including framerate fixes and higher resolutions in that statement. They can do as much as they want with that.

User Info: CFallenWarrior

CFallenWarrior
9 months ago#7
LacedaemonX posted...
I hope they change absolutely nothing. The reason I played the game religiously was because it was the way it was. Obviously not including framerate fixes and higher resolutions in that statement. They can do as much as they want with that.

User Info: HopkickCityBoiz

HopkickCityBoiz
9 months ago#8
LacedaemonX posted...
I hope they change absolutely nothing. The reason I played the game religiously was because it was the way it was.
uf4 uf4 uf4 uf4 uf4
Official Onyx Blade of the Dark Souls 3 board

User Info: Saintpara

Saintpara
9 months ago#9
CFallenWarrior posted...
LacedaemonX posted...

I mean, I wouldn't cry if we could dodge in more than 4 directions bit... yeah, this. No lag in Blighttown, 4k, 60fps...

Except I don't know which version to get. My laptop, I'm sure, can max it out but I didn't splurge for the 4K screen - silly me... being cheap... I have a PS4P and a 4K TV but I'm not sure if the power loss would even out..
3DS Friend Code - 4055-5631-2103 (Saint)
Heeeee Hooooo!!!!!

User Info: Blaze1st

Blaze1st
9 months ago#10
Faster ladder climbing is totally unnecessary, the climb speed of DS is pretty decent (unlike DeS) and you can slide down. I found the "fast" climbing in later games to be rather pointless (it's barely any faster) and looks stupid.

What I would like to see are:

- Hand-in multiple covenant items at once
- Pop multiple hard souls/humanity at once
- Add Tier 3 rewards for Covenants that don't currently have a reward for that level
- Mix up the enemies a bit in Lost Izalith
- Fix enemy corpses falling through the world
- Fix enemy spawn deaths
- Fix hostile NPC environment death (i.e. Shiva died on the Blighttown lift somehow for me yesterday after I ran away from him following looting of the DWGR from his ninja companion)
- Fix phantom range on a variety of weapons
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. So what do you want changed in the remaster?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived