The lack of honor in the DS1 player base is disgusting

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. The lack of honor in the DS1 player base is disgusting

User Info: ObiWan_Shinobi

ObiWan_Shinobi
7 months ago#1
Don't be a twink. Don't be a twink who 1 shots the other player while they're bowing. Don't back stab the other player while they're gesturing or buffing. Don't spawn camp to cheaply kill the other player as soon as they spawn. Don't repeatedly heal during duels. Don't kill somebody who is clearly afk.

If you do any of the above, don't play. You don't deserve this game. Back to DS3 for me. /end s***post rant

***I won't be replying to any comments or even checking if there are any. What a godawful community of zero honor, zero skill trolls. This only happens in DS1 and it happens every time I come back to it. Never again.

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
7 months ago#2
Kill somebody who is clearly afk is the only one where I would disagree. Because if you are AFKing, then you shouldn't be playing anyways. Plus I need to let other players invade who actually want to play and not AFKing.
(message deleted)

User Info: 907untitled

907untitled
7 months ago#4
I've always got a good vibe from the dark souls community. Which reminds me. When are the gravelord events?
Bleep... Bleeeep.. Blurp...
PSN : souls_scavenger

User Info: CFallenWarrior

CFallenWarrior
7 months ago#5
907untitled posted...
I've always got a good vibe from the dark souls community. Which reminds me. When are the gravelord events?

907untitled
7 months ago#6
There was one last year. I got the crap kicked outta me but it was epic. There was some really classy players involved.

907untitled
7 months ago#7
Actually I think it was a couple years ago. Lol. The love of the haflings weed has clearly slowed my mind.

User Info: SpaceXoDDity

SpaceXoDDity
7 months ago#8
What are "gravelord events"?
In the evidence of its brilliance.

907untitled
7 months ago#9
A pvp event on top of sens fortress. A group of gravelords leave signs to enter their world and attempt to kill them. Up to three signs per host I believe. It's really cool. Even with limited people

User Info: ObiWan_Shinobi

ObiWan_Shinobi
7 months ago#10
I said I wouldn't respond or even check for replies, but curiosity got the best of my judgement and this comment is just plain stupid:

Daimeion posted...
Kill somebody who is clearly afk is the only one where I would disagree. Because if you are AFKing, then you shouldn't be playing anyways. Plus I need to let other players invade who actually want to play and not AFKing.

I played DS1 in its heyday and moved on to DS2, then eventually to SotFS, Bloodborne, and DS3. Throughout all of those years I have periodically returned to DS1 and Demon's Souls because their atmospheres, weapons, armor sets, and overall world design really resonate with me. However, I forgot that you can be bumped off the bonfire when you're invaded in DS1.

Where your comment fails is that there are plenty of valid reasons for being afk, including eating dinner. Do you know what a better alternative is to killing an afk player? You bc out of their world. That's what I do and what any honorable player would do. There's zero challenge in killing somebody who is afk so therefore don't do it. Just leave. Simple as that. That particular example (killing an afk player) is the weakest one on the list, I will admit to that, but consider it in the context of the others and it's just more of the same inconsiderate, zero honor, zero skill behavior from the trolls who still play this game.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. The lack of honor in the DS1 player base is disgusting

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived