Difficulty with forest covenant pvp

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Difficulty with forest covenant pvp

User Info: jkh0208

jkh0208
7 months ago#1
I'm In trying to get the fog ring by killing 3 humans while being summoned by Alvira, but I am constantly smoked by the players I invade. I don't think I'm a terrible player, and took out O&S on the 2nd try, but the players I invade are destroying me. They often even one shot me, while I barely scratch their health after multiple ripostes and backstabs. I also have not yet lost to players who invade me. If I'm being summoned by Alvira, is there a certain level above my own that I am potentially invading? What is the maximum level difference?

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
7 months ago#2
Well forest covenants can invade around your level all the way to max level.
For example, if you are at level 100, then 80 - 713 players you'll see.

jkh0208
7 months ago#3
I can't figure out how I'm getting one shotted so often by people I invade. I also keep getting one particular person over and over who doesn't die even when his health bar goes all the way to zero and still takes multiple hits and backstab, then he proceeds to kill me in a single blow and then indict me.

User Info: pigskin94

pigskin94
7 months ago#4
jkh0208 posted...
I can't figure out how I'm getting one shotted so often by people I invade. I also keep getting one particular person over and over who doesn't die even when his health bar goes all the way to zero and still takes multiple hits and backstab, then he proceeds to kill me in a single blow and then indict me.

You ran into a hacker most likely. There common in the forest especially for hosting there. Also the people that your invading are usually going to be SL125 & higher in the forest
Strength unguarded is a double weakness
PSN:pigskin94

User Info: chefbobby203

chefbobby203
7 months ago#5
What level are you? If you get hornet stabbed with a great club or a kumo it will kill you unless you have high vitality

jkh0208
7 months ago#6
chefbobby203 posted...
What level are you? If you get hornet stabbed with a great club or a kumo it will kill you unless you have high vitality

Currently SL81. My primary stats I've been pumping are vit, dex and end. I think the previous poster may be right about it being a hacker though because he would just stand there letting me wail on him constantly even after his health bar ran out, but wouldn't even die.

User Info: Tidras

Tidras
7 months ago#7
if you have a Skull Lantern to spare, you could also trade one with the crow in Undead Asylum to get a Ring of Fog.

jkh0208
7 months ago#8
Tidras posted...
if you have a Skull Lantern to spare, you could also trade one with the crow in Undead Asylum to get a Ring of Fog.

Thanks, though I finally managed to do it by sheer luck, and then betrayed the covenant by killing the bodyguard when they went to blighttown.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Difficulty with forest covenant pvp

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived