• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Pendant theory General Discussion

User Info: Christopher_CCC

Christopher_CCC
7 years ago#11
drop the pendant down firelink well?
GT: ChefTastyTreats

User Info: PURE_DESS

PURE_DESS
7 years ago#12

Theory 1- It has something to do with Rhea of Thorolund. When Petrus kills her, she and you take her items in the parish, you get numerous humanity and a pendant. There may be some connection between the starting gift and Rhea's.

Theory 2- Bears some relation to solaire of astora. (The description does reference sunlight) Could be used to get into Solaires covenant before meeting the faith requirement (Someone who has the pendant should check this one out. Equip it and go to the sunlight altar. See if you can get into the covenant. If i'm right, that should make getting the game's platinum easier.)

Theory 3- Could be related to the fabled "Secret boss of the dukes archives". Rhea (who also has a pendant) Turns into a hollow in the dukes archives jail with no explanation as to how she managed to get there. This mysterious pendant may be related to the mysterious secret boss.

Theory 4- Could be completely useless. :p

I'll try to think of a few more ideas.

User Info: Snizlito

Snizlito
7 years ago#13
I noticed yesterday while being Santa darkwraith that on the prism stones description it said something to the tune of " availible in seven colors or the rare eighth". I don't know what this means but it could be a piece to the puzzle.
PSN-SOMD_LOVE

User Info: slayer921

slayer921
7 years ago#14
Maybe the pendant doesnt do anything and the producers r trying to troll us
PSN : Hobbes921

PURE_DESS
7 years ago#15

snizlito- I never thought of that. Do we know what this mysterious eighth colour is? It could be related. I wouldn't rule out the possibility. Lol at the comment above this one.

PURE_DESS
7 years ago#16

More theories! :D

theory 5- Similar to an earlier comment, could be relate to the painted world of Ariamis. Think about it: All we know about the painted world is what the description of the doll tells us. We don't actually know who Ariamis even is (It's not Priscilla because when she kills you she says "Can thou not see why Ariamis created this world?" Indicating the two are not the same plus, you know, she's Priscilla, Ariamis is Ariamis.) in reference to the earlier comment, The pendant when traded with Snuggly gives you a souvenir of reprisal, a drop from the crow demons of the painted world. Could be the devs hint at how the pendant and the painted world are related.

For those who think that the pendant exists only to trade with snuggly, then why not make the starting gift a souvenir of reprisal instead of making a random pendant which then must be traded? I could be wrong about this. Sorry, I just looooove conspiracy theories ;)

User Info: PS3Dragon

PS3Dragon
7 years ago#17
Well, if there is a secret boss in Dukes Archives and the pendent is connected, where does Rhea appear as a hollow? Could hint the area to use the pendent. Maybe use it 255 times. :p

User Info: MestreRothGF

MestreRothGF
7 years ago#18
^
We don't know who Sen is too.
Not knowing someone's background doesn't make him related to everything.
I'm just making the comment on this points. The others are ok.

What we have FOR SURE is only this:

1. Pendant seems to be strongly related to Rhea. (she drops it)
2. Pendant seems to be strongly related to Forest covenant. (how did everyone forget it's dropped as prize in combat?)
3. Pendant seems to be related to Souvenir of Reprisal. (traded with the crow)

I am not bothering much about the 3 because maybe it mean nothing...

Everyone forgot about the gift screen description. "It provides comfort to distant travelers".

Now, with the theories:

Distant travelers... I see a traveler in the game and I try him. Last night I was in a barbecue with a friend talking about this shut. haha Yeah, the pendant followed us there. I was talking to him about the Domhnall. He has the boots of explorer and keeps talking "I'm not seeing anything here". So we decided to make a char ONLY to do pendant tests with him. Before defeating Gaping Dragon, talked to him... nothing. Tried to use the pendant... nothing. Dropped the pendant in front of him... nothing. Reloaded... nothing. But I think it was a nice try.

Now, as the sunlight medal has the same description, I'm thinking it can be related to COMFORT Solaire when he is not well. When? The bastard is here and there all the time. We need 10 pendants to do some tests. But that's my present bet, though it doesn't meet the three items criteria mentioned earlier...
"Skyrim is just like Justin Bieber in the game universe." So true.

PURE_DESS
7 years ago#19

PS3dragon- Rhea is in one of the prison cells in the dukes archive jails.

Dear Lord... Guys I've got it!!!! Or I should say SadoSadoSado has it. I've just expanded upon his idea. Earlier, I was reading a forum on game FAQS where a guy called SadoSadoSado gave a huge explanation as to what the pendant could mean. This guy is a genius. He may have just solved our little mystery. Basically he was saying how the pendant was related to the furtive pygmy mentioned at the start of the game. He says that if you go to where the lord vessel is placed and turn around you will see 10 torches, each representing a covenant in the game, with one torch on top representing a tenth hidden covenant. A covenant led by the pygmy. It is supposed to represent nothing. No emotions or anything like that. Just NOTHING. In other words, the covenant is meant for hollows. Undead with no emotions. The pygmy was the one who caused the curse over Lordran after the war, and naturally he wants it to stay that way. And here comes the best part: Every other covenant apart from three, are in some way related to the other guys with lord souls, or the war for control. Warrior of sunlight-Gwyn. Gravelord servant-Nito Four Kings-Darkwraith. Path of the dragon-Seath. Chaos covenant- The witches of Izalith. Princess guard- Related to Gwyn. However, there are 3 covenants that don't fit with this trend. Forest hunter, way of white, Blades of the darkmoon. They are probably in league with the pygmy, wanting the same goal: To keep the curse of the undead. For example, you all probably thought that Petrus was the bad guy. What if he tried to kill her because he didn't want the curse to stay? The way of White mission was to get the rite of kindling, probably to give to the pygmy so he could use it for his own means. Remember, Petrus killed Rhea AFTER she got the rite of kindling. The pendant is the item that represents this alliance to the pygmy between these three covenants. And it all makes so much sense. The pendants description describes it as useless, or in other words unknown, as though people just THINK that it is useless. Just like the pygmys description "So easily forgotten". This means that people were right. The pendant is useless. What it is meant to signify is the unholy alliance formed between these 3 covenants and the pygmy and by choosing this item as your gift it shows that you are part of this secret society and this will tie in with some sort of third ending about the pygmy. Now all we need to do is find the trigger. That's what we're having trouble with! Finding the way to start this chain of events! Still not convinced? Well how about this: each covenant bears relations to the pendant that signifies the bond. Rhea drops one at death. The pendant is a covenant item with the forest hunters and when you trade with snuggly, you get a souvenir of reprisal, the covenant item of the blades of the darkmoon. I think SadoSadoSado is onto something here, it just seems like such a plausible theory! The greatest video game easter egg of all time! If someone starts the game with a pendant, its now up to them to find this secret trigger, something to do with the pygmy. Maybe he's the secret boss of the dukes archives! It would make sense why Rhea (One of the people in league with the pygmy) turns hollow there. What do you think guys?

User Info: MrVilla61391

MrVilla61391
7 years ago#20

PS3dragon- Rhea is in one of the prison cells in the dukes archive jails.
Dear Lord... Guys I've got it!!!! Or I should say SadoSadoSado has it. I've just expanded upon his idea. Earlier, I was reading a forum on game FAQS where a guy called SadoSadoSado gave a huge explanation as to what the pendant could mean. This guy is a genius. He may have just solved our little mystery. Basically he was saying how the pendant was related to the furtive pygmy mentioned at the start of the game. He says that if you go to where the lord vessel is placed and turn around you will see 10 torches, each representing a covenant in the game, with one torch on top representing a tenth hidden covenant. A covenant led by the pygmy. It is supposed to represent nothing. No emotions or anything like that. Just NOTHING. In other words, the covenant is meant for hollows. Undead with no emotions. The pygmy was the one who caused the curse over Lordran after the war, and naturally he wants it to stay that way. And here comes the best part: Every other covenant apart from three, are in some way related to the other guys with lord souls, or the war for control. Warrior of sunlight-Gwyn. Gravelord servant-Nito Four Kings-Darkwraith. Path of the dragon-Seath. Chaos covenant- The witches of Izalith. Princess guard- Related to Gwyn. However, there are 3 covenants that don't fit with this trend. Forest hunter, way of white, Blades of the darkmoon. They are probably in league with the pygmy, wanting the same goal: To keep the curse of the undead. For example, you all probably thought that Petrus was the bad guy. What if he tried to kill her because he didn't want the curse to stay? The way of White mission was to get the rite of kindling, probably to give to the pygmy so he could use it for his own means. Remember, Petrus killed Rhea AFTER she got the rite of kindling. The pendant is the item that represents this alliance to the pygmy between these three covenants. And it all makes so much sense. The pendants description describes it as useless, or in other words unknown, as though people just THINK that it is useless. Just like the pygmys description "So easily forgotten". This means that people were right. The pendant is useless. What it is meant to signify is the unholy alliance formed between these 3 covenants and the pygmy and by choosing this item as your gift it shows that you are part of this secret society and this will tie in with some sort of third ending about the pygmy. Now all we need to do is find the trigger. That's what we're having trouble with! Finding the way to start this chain of events! Still not convinced? Well how about this: each covenant bears relations to the pendant that signifies the bond. Rhea drops one at death. The pendant is a covenant item with the forest hunters and when you trade with snuggly, you get a souvenir of reprisal, the covenant item of the blades of the darkmoon. I think SadoSadoSado is onto something here, it just seems like such a plausible theory! The greatest video game easter egg of all time! If someone starts the game with a pendant, its now up to them to find this secret trigger, something to do with the pygmy. Maybe he's the secret boss of the dukes archives! It would make sense why Rhea (One of the people in league with the pygmy) turns hollow there. What do you think guys?

great explanation +100 internets.
PSN: XxWolfheartxX
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Pendant theory General Discussion
  • Topic Archived