• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Pendant theory General Discussion
Pokerkid777 10 years ago#1
Introduction:
Hello one and all to the Dark Souls Pendant discussion. This topics soul purpose is to take all the theories people have (whether realistic or not) and roll them all into one topic. You may only post pendant theories or responses to such theories.

Whats the point of this topic? The pendant is useless!:
Normally yes. However due to the developers recommendation of this item and the overall mystery of the so called "useless" item it has brought along many questions and theories of what is the true use of this pendant.

The game has been out for months now. Wouldn't you think someone would have found the use by now?:
The thing is that From also partook in another game called 3d dot heroes. There was this one hidden sign under a rock that took 255 times examining it to reveal the sign. This secret wasn't discovered until years after the games release. Many people believe that the pendants secret may be that well hidden.

Why does the pendant have the same description as the sunlight medal? Is there some sort of connection?
This is actually cause of a translation error. And the real translation is "like a water off a ducks back" which is a figure of speech for being useless.

Well you may now begin your theories.
kKagariNoMore 10 years ago#2
I was in the abyss checking out my armor in the pitch black darkness. I took out some weapons I don't usually use and took some swings with them, far away from kaathe so I don't hit him.

My lucerne hit something, and it bounced off some surface, like a wall, but when i tried walk through whatever I hit, I could, as though nothing was there.

Emulated this several times. Weird!
Oil_Rope_Bombs 10 years ago#3
I think it's related to the painted world. When you trade it to snuggly you get a souvenir of reprisal, and those are dropped by the crow demons in painted world. Connection?
Dr. Pavel, I'm CIA.
Deathykins 10 years ago#4
kKagariNoMore posted...
I was in the abyss checking out my armor in the pitch black darkness. I took out some weapons I don't usually use and took some swings with them, far away from kaathe so I don't hit him.

My lucerne hit something, and it bounced off some surface, like a wall, but when i tried walk through whatever I hit, I could, as though nothing was there.

That was the spirit of Ostrava of Boletaria, who is trapped in the pendant.
AMD Phenom II X4 970 4Ghz - EVGA GTX 590 3GB GDDR5 768-bit - 8GB DDR3
clintnorth 10 years ago#5
kKagariNoMore posted...

well, the abyss has a limited area. I explored for about a full hour. One of my friends said he saw on this board that there was a staircase somewhere in the abyss and I tried looking around.
I know. dumb

but I can say with confidence that when you run up against these you look like you are still heading forward, unless you go at an angle and see that your not
DeathRace_King 10 years ago#6
Anyone ever tried to use the skull lantern or the cast light-spell in the abyss???
- born to race -
WolfTheSilent 10 years ago#7
Or try Seek Guidance in the abyss.
PSN WolfTheSilent
"Like Gogurt but to stay"
Renegade_Zero 10 years ago#8
My theory:

- the description, "like water falling off a duck's back" is a figure of speech for "no effect". Or useless as TC had posted. If it is useless.. one should probably drop it.
- it is a recommended starting gift. Whatever you need to do with it, should probably be done early.. because you can get other pendants later.
- I suspect it is used (or you're suppose to drop it) at the Undead Asylum (including the revisit) or Firelink Shrine. Either that, or you're suppose to fall somewhere. Maybe drop it at the *big* Crow's nest (not Snuggly). Or maybe it has something to do with Oscar. Or jump off the cliff at the Asylum somewhere.

But of course.. these are just theories. I won't bother looking into them myself. Hahahahahah.

"Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."
sirtoastman 10 years ago#9
The Pendant is actually Rubbish.

The Rubbish is actually the key to the secret Golden Land area.
3DS FC: 0860-3276-0688
Never Forget: http://tinyurl.com/zwutzmg (Good VG Music Inside)
Burst_Stream 10 years ago#10
I saw a message at the Kiln Entrance at the very top how do you get there?
Keqing best waifu
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Pendant theory General Discussion
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A