• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. seath and the maidens/pureblood(reah & pendant stuff)

User Info: SadoSadoSado

SadoSadoSado
8 years ago#1
Had a long drawn out explination, but im on my phone so screwnit.

-did a test, maiden pisacas in dukes archives will not attack male ones when the siren goes off. They will only aggro a large area.

-male pisacas are retreating to cut off the only exit. I think that siren sounds when anyone is caught escapingnthe prison.

Now, onto the maidens. I believe seath is the father of pricilla the crossbreed. He probably had some sort of affair with gwynevere. The description of the strange doll("there once was an abomination that had no place in this world") implies pricilla was born out of wedlock or while gwynevere was married to her husband. In order to hide her shameful existence, gwynevere had seath use his magic to create w world for pricilla to live in(the painted world) and had guards block the only entrance(painted guardians).

Now seath, knowing he'll have eternal life, and realizing he'll never be able to be with a human(from his incident with gwynevere and pricilla) decides he can only be with another dragon to spend eternity with(wth the other gods)

Just one problem, seath betrayed them all and they were all killed. So whats seath to do? Use his knowedge of crystal magic to make a woman dragon. So he starts gathering maidens...

I think he got some clerics like petrus to help betray the maidens and capture them. Petrus probably planned to do so, but instead wanted reah for his own perverted reasons. Now at tomb of the giants, he tries to kill off her guards by getting patches to lure them into the hole, probably promising patches their loot as long as he geats reah(which is why patches makes those off handed coments about priests being bad people). But once you go save her and foil their plans, petrus just goes and has his way with reah before killing her at the altar in undead parish.

Now the comment petrus says about reah before he goes to kill her is important.
"yo could do anything with that little pureblood you wanted"

This tells me this.

-seaths been rounding up maidens to turn into dragon women.
-he has been failing, and can only make imperfect dragons that are the blue female serpents in duke's archives(serpents. The game refrences serpents as imprfect dragons)
-he figures out he needs a maiden of pure blood(reah) for the transmutation into a dragon to work completely.
-he sends the wrong man for the job(petrus) who secretly wants reah all to himself.

Now thats why if you save reah and buy all her miracles, she either.
A)learns of her fellow maidens fates and goes to dukes to save them.
B) gets captured by another envoy of seath's and gets taken to dukes.

Either way she ends up apprehended in dukes and locked away, awaiting seath to turn her into a dragon.
When she finds out what happened to the other maidens, and whats in store for her, she hollows from the dispair(and you then find her hollowed)

I think petrus leaves the pendant on reahs body when he kills her to make it seem like someone else did it.

That meaning the pendant represents a clan or some covenant.

Whadda think?

User Info: _Ragnis_

_Ragnis_
8 years ago#2
Sorry, I didn't read. Wtf is with the Seath X Boob Girl shiping?

SadoSadoSado
8 years ago#3
_Ragnis_ posted...
Sorry, I didn't read. Wtf is with the Seath X Boob Girl shiping?

Because pricilla is a dragon woman, hidden in anor londo in some secret hide out as if she was a child that wasnt supposd to be born. Boodlady is a giant, seath is a dragon. It only makes sensee

SadoSadoSado
8 years ago#4
Anyone? Sorry for the typos still on my phone. There has to be a way to truely save reah from hollowing. Maybe if you kill seath first, then go save her and buy all her miracles

User Info: Oil_Rope_Bombs

Oil_Rope_Bombs
8 years ago#5
Pureblood... Pureblood Soul from Demon's Souls... Maiden Astraea... same Dingy/Maiden set... some sort of connection here?
Not changing sig till Final Fantasy Versus XIII gets released.

User Info: kirbycool

kirbycool
8 years ago#6
Wow that's really well thought out. I think you might be right about all this. Great job connecting everything!
This explains the mystery of why patches calls petrus a bad man before he even kills rhea. If only we knew exactly what the pendant was all about :/

I love how hidden this games story is :D
Not changing this sig until my sig changes!
3ds code- 3093-7074-4170

User Info: _Ragnis_

_Ragnis_
8 years ago#7
SadoSadoSado posted...
Anyone? Sorry for the typos still on my phone. There has to be a way to truely save reah from hollowing. Maybe if you kill seath first, then go save her and buy all her miracles

No, that's my normal path. You're reading too much into it...

SadoSadoSado
8 years ago#8
kirbycool40 posted...
Wow that's really well thought out. I think you might be right about all this. Great job connecting everything!
This explains the mystery of why patches calls petrus a bad man before he even kills rhea. If only we knew exactly what the pendant was all about :/

I love how hidden this games story is :D

Yeah that patches comment with what petrus said is what gave me the idea.

I know right? I could replay this game a thousand times for that reason lol.

SadoSadoSado
8 years ago#9
And you know what? Thats why lautrec and oswald both know petrus killed her, because he left the pendant. Well maybe oswald told lautrec(since theyre both from carim so they might be friends/relatives) when petrus potentially went to oswald for absolution what he did(essentially telling lautrec what sin petrus came to absolve).

Something tells me lautrec knows what the pendant means.

SadoSadoSado
8 years ago#10
_Ragnis_ posted...
SadoSadoSado posted...

No, that's my normal path. You're reading too much into it...

Ohhh...hmmm.

Well i am only doing this because it truely takes this much analyzation to find secrets in games made by from...
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. seath and the maidens/pureblood(reah & pendant stuff)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A