• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Accidentally killed NPC, any way to salvage this?

User Info: idunnodude

idunnodude
9 years ago#1

hey i just opened up the depths and i found an npc trapped in a barrel. he said to free him so i thought u had to hit the barrel to break it, so i did and it ended up damaging him. then he went after me and i didnt know what to do so i killed him. this really sucks cuz i know i need this guy for pyromancy cuz that was my class. and without pyro i know i won't survive online. i then died after that by some blob thing. is there any way to salvage this? like can i quit from XMB or quit from the game and have him still alive? plz help thanks.

User Info: tommygun04

tommygun04
9 years ago#2
short answer is no

i think you can find lots of pyro skills throughout tho but im not for sure because i dont use pyro

User Info: XZN

XZN
9 years ago#3
The only way is to go to the guy in the belltower when you killed the gargoyles, and pay to 'absolve yours sins' for 2000xyour Soul level.

EDIT* Wait you killed him, then no. you can find a few spell but much deeper on into the game. Wont be able to upgrade you Pyro hand for a while either

User Info: lakerspsg4

lakerspsg4
9 years ago#4

The only way is to go to the guy in the belltower when you killed the gargoyles, and pay to 'absolve yours sins' for 2000xyour Soul level.

That won't revive the NPC from the dead. Don't do this TC, you'll just waste a ton of souls.
Kobe died for our sins
https://imgur.com/hYffpYA

User Info: Sandor_Clause

Sandor_Clause
9 years ago#5
Roll to break things.

No, you're screwed on this playthrough if you actually killed him. If you just made him hostile, you could pay Oswald, but not if he's dead. You can't get his spells this playthrough, but you can still upgrade your flame and then buy spells from the other two vendors.

User Info: The_Bones

The_Bones
9 years ago#6
XZN posted...

Absolving your sins doesn't revive the dead.

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
9 years ago#7
Start over. It takes like half an hour to rush the first level and reach the Depths.
Why? Because **** you is why.

User Info: XZN

XZN
9 years ago#8
Yeah i know, really should stop skim reading wall of texts.
Dont absove TC you will waste alot of souls.

User Info: idunnodude

idunnodude
9 years ago#9

does he have any important spells for PVP? i know i need great combustion or something but if i can get that later than thats fine.

User Info: zyrax2301

zyrax2301
9 years ago#10
Not really, only Quelaana gives you the spells you want for PvP...but he does give you a pyromancer's flame. If you don't get it from him and you aren't a pyromancer class to begin with, the next time you can get one is after completing Blight Town.
Why? Because **** you is why.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Accidentally killed NPC, any way to salvage this?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A