• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Demon's Souls bosses vs Dark Souls bosses...

User Info: liVeRSuSiI

liVeRSuSiI
7 years ago#61
TheBanshee posted...
@ TheSloppyBanker:

I disagree with some of your choices... this is my take:

Dragon Bracket:
Blue Dragon, Red Dragon, & Dragon God
Vs
Gaping Dragon, Seath the Scaleless, & Hellkite Drake
Winner: Demons Souls

This one I agree with. Dragon God stomps them alone.

Insect/Bug Bracket:
Armor Spider, Dirty Colossus, Leechmonger
Vs
Quelaag, & Moonlight Butterfly
Winner: Dark Souls (Pretty much all due to Quelaag...)

got this bracket wrong, and it influences later choices. I put Dirty Colossus here (big ball of muck and flies). Dark Souls still wins, but Flamelurker doesn't belong.

Demon Bracket:
Vanguard, Primeval Demon, Flamelurker
Vs
Capra Demon, Taurus Demon, Stray Demon, Asylum Demon, Centipede demon, Firesage, Ceaseless Discharge
Winner: Dark souls

Flamelurker belongs here, and not Penetrator. Dark Souls wins.

Humanoid Bracket:
Old Monk, Old King Allant, Old King Doran, Garl Vinland, Maiden Astraea
Vs
Darksun Gwyndolin, Crossbreed Priscilla, & Gwyn Lord of Sunlight
Winner: Demon's Souls

Demon's Souls by far. Come on... you forgot about Doran and Garl. Don't forget, Astraea heals them and spams God's Wrath.... unless you talk to her... and Old Monk is epic.

Gargoyle Battle:
Maneater
Vs
Bell Gargoyle
Winner: Demon Souls

agreed :P

Fatty Battle:
Adjudicator
Vs
Smough (with help from Ornstein)
Winner: Toss up? Dark can have it...

Giant Battle:
Tower Knight & Old Hero
Vs
Iron Golem
Winner: Demon's Souls

C'mon... Tower Knight wins from his music alone... and you left out Old Hero. Well, here he is.

Other:
Storm King & Penetrator
Vs
Four Kings & Great Wolf SIf & Nito
Winner: Dark Souls

A lot closer with Penetrator in there. I think Dark Souls still wins by a much smaller margin (I like wolves)

Champion: Demon's Souls -- 3-4 (and Fatty is questionable)

Don't forget about the old one!

Fixed

User Info: Young_Caesar

Young_Caesar
7 years ago#62
Flamelurker is essentially immune to some of the attacks from the people in his bracket though...
In the name of JOLLY CO-OPERATION, I praise the Sun!

User Info: kingknotts

kingknotts
7 years ago#63
I am the only one remembering the strong king A is fake ... the real one is a blob .... AND THE PLAYER / MAIDEN / OLD ONE ARE ALL DEMONS .... so Demon Souls wins .... question is the group matches ( gargoyles demon souls wins ) .... but maiden garl and S&O ... that is scary .... false idol pinwheel ... idol wins ( gets auto revived and is harder ) .... hmm phy w. against plague babies against 4 kings .... plague babies XD ... baby skeletons v plague babies ... plague babies .... seriously they were evil in swarms and in a 100 v 100 fight plague babies wins .... flamelurker v irol golem .... flamelurker wins .... armoured spider against qualaag .... AS wins dragon v dragon .... demon souls .... dragon GOD says it all .... vanguard v asylum demon .... I will say vanguard for ohko power .... black knight v red eye .... red eye ( especially the one near duran ) .... pris v old hero .... old hero ( he is already blind and powerful ) ..... ceaseless v flamelurker ... speed says flamelurker power says ceaseless

User Info: Prodicalx

Prodicalx
7 years ago#64
TheSloppyBanker posted...
Well, I'm bored enough to bite at this.

Here are the bosses:

---Demon Souls---
Adjudicator
Armor Spider
Blue Dragon
Dirty Colossus
Dragon God
Flamelurker
Fool's Idol
King Allant
Leechmonger
Maneater
Maiden Astraea
Maiden in Black
Old Hero
Old King Allant
Old Monk
Penetrator
Phalanx
Primeval Demon
Red Dragon
Storm King
Tower Knight
Vanguard

---Dark Souls---
Asylum Demon
Bell Gargoyle
Capra Demon
Ceaseless Discharge
Centipede Demon
Chaos Witch Quelaag
Crossbreed Priscilla
Dark Sun Gwyndolin
Demon Firesage
Four Kings
Gaping Dragon
Great Grey Wolf Sif
Gwynn the Lord of Sunlight
Iron Golem
Moonlight Butterfly
Nito
Ornstein and Smough
Pinwheel
Seath The Scaleless
Stray Demon
Taurus Demon
The Bed of Chaos

If Red Dragon and Blue Dragon are bosses then Priscilla is a boss, both Hydras are bosses, and I feel like I'm forgetting something else but can't remember what it is.

I do know there are 2 more gargoyle bosses in the game (fight them one by one) and a bunch more Taurus and Capra Demons as well.

Anyway, to answer the question, Dark Souls bosses would win easily.

Prodicalx
7 years ago#65
TheSloppyBanker posted...
At first, I was going to side with Demon's Souls. But, looking over the lists, I'm gonna have to go with Dark Souls.

I think the wolf with a sword and the mermaid where you replace the fish part with a huge spider push Dark Souls over the top in terms of awesomeness.

It's tough to consider who would win in a fight...

Dragon Bracket:
Blue Dragon, Red Dragon, & Dragon God
Vs
Gaping Dragon, Seath the Scaleless, & Red Dragon
Winner: Demons Souls

Insect/Bug Bracket:
Armor Spider, ummm.... Flamelurker, Leechmonger
Vs
Centipede Demon, Quelaag, & Moonlight Butterfly
Winner: Dark Souls (Pretty much all due to Quelaag...)

Demon Bracket:
Vanguard, Primeval Demon, & ummm... Penetrator
Vs
Capra Demon, Taurus Demon, Stray Demon
Winner:Dark Souls

Humanoid Bracket:
Old Monk, Old King Allant
Vs
Darksun Gwyndolin, Crossbreed Priscilla, & Gwyn Lord of Sunlight
Winner: Hmmmm... Dark Souls...

Gargoyle Battle:
Maneater
Vs
Bell Gargoyle

Fatty Battle:
Adjudicator
Vs
Smough (with help from Ornstein)

Giant Battle:
Tower Knight
Vs
Iron Golem

Tie Breaker:
Dirty Collossus & Storm King
Vs
Four Kings & Great Wolf SIf

Champion: Dark Souls

Seath killed tons of dragons during the war and requires a objective to be met to even kill him. Dragon god gets beat by 2 spears a couple hits on the snout. It's not even close. Also, Hellkite beats Blue dragon or Red dragon all day. The only one that loses is Gaping Dragon. You also forgot to add Priscilla.

User Info: Young_Caesar

Young_Caesar
7 years ago#66

Explain how easily they win. I wanna hear your input.
In the name of JOLLY CO-OPERATION, I praise the Sun!

User Info: Fallhammer Lord

Fallhammer Lord
7 years ago#67
Hmm... Lets see. I would prefer to run this as an elimination in the rough order of bosses fought, up to my knowledge.

Vanguard vs. Asylum demon, my money is on Vanguard. He hits strictly harder, and turns to face you quicker than Asylum does.
[-Vanguard +1 demon's

Tarus Demon Vs. Vanguard. I would hazard my money on Vanguard still, seeing as Vanguard can hover and drop on Tarus, although they both still hit rather hard.
[-Tie

Red Dragon vs. Hellkite Drake. I would consider this to be in Hellkite's favor. Hellkite's flame breath is so much more powerful than Red Dragon's.
[-Hellkite +1 Dark

Hellkite vs Tower Knight. Here is where it gets interesting. Tower Knight has every chance to range Hellkite - clipping his tail and spearing him to any given cliff face. Sure, Hellkite has a wicked breath weapon, but it is unlikely to stagger Tower Knight out of his Tower Shield, and then TK spears him dead.
[-Tower Knight +1 Demon's

Tower Knight vs. Bell Gargoyle. Sorry, Tower Knight crushes the Gargoyles without effort. One slam would be all it takes.
[-Tower Knight +1 Demon's

Tower Knight vs. Capra Demon. Hmm... Capra is small enough, and agile enough to clip TK's tendons. However, the Capra is physically frail. The same could be said of the Gargoyles, but tbh, I think the Gargoyle is too busy leaping and flitting about - too much theatrics. The Capra has a more bloodthirsty mindset, and I think he'd be cunning enough to deal with TK.
[-Capra Demon +1 Dark

Capra vs. Armor Spider. Again with the agility, but frailness. I think Armor Spider would take him out though, based on the known fact that Dark Souls monsters are torched so easy.
[-Armor Spider +1 Demon's

Armor Spider vs. Gaping Dragon. Hmmm... The Gaping can fly, plus he does have this massive, fly-swatting like attack. Still, weak to fire. I call a wash.
[-Tie

Flamelurker vs. Quelagg. See, I like this matchup. My money says the Flamelurker, seeing as he is a being of flame himself. I don't recall if Fireball would hurt the Flamelurker in DS, and if that is the case, Quelagg goes down handily. If fire can hurt the Flamelurker (o.O) then the fight is closer, but the Flamelurker would still pull out ahead. Quelagg just isn't both nimble and hardhitting.
[-Flamelurker +1 Demon's

Flamelurker vs Moonlight Butterfly. Flamelurker is agile enough to evade anything the MB can do, and FL is strong enough physically to take it out in one rest/supercharge.
[-Flamelurker +1 Demon's

Flamelurker vs. Iron Golem. Hmm... Iron Golem is a mini, faster Tower Knight. Both of these bosses share a common thread - bloodthirsty-ness. FL is faster and more nimble than the Iron Golem, whereas the IG is large enough to grab and pitch the Flamelurker. Still, I am apt to vote Flamelurker, but I think it is close enough to call it a wash - either can kill the other in a matter of moments.
[-Tie

Iron Golem vs. Dragon God. If the Iron Golem confronts Mr. DG in his sanctum, the Iron Golem is not fast enough to get down the hall before being punched into the next century. If Mr. DG flies off to Sen's to fight the Iron Golem, the IG isn't quick enough to avoid being punched into next century.
[-Dragon God +1 Demon's

Demon's Souls +7
Dark Souls +2
Tie +3

Feel free for others to pick up where I have left off - I haven't cleared Dark Souls yet, so this is as much as I can offer on insight. Feel free to also expand on my scenarios, or correct how the order of match-ups. For any fight involving a mostly-invulnerable boss, I assume that the contender fights at that bosses' location, i,e. Iron Golem vs Dragon God. IG has a chance to activate the harpoons, I just don't see him getting to them before he is pasted.

Happy theory-crafting.

====
Edit: I forgot Phalanx, but the Hellkite torches it too. So really it's:
Demon's Souls +7
Dark Souls +3
Tie +3

User Info: tidus55

tidus55
7 years ago#68

I think we are forgetting one major aspects in all these fights....WHERE they are fighting....a lot of times the areas the bosses are located in give them either a huge advantage, or a huge disadvantage.

For instance, Iron Golem vs Tower Knight in IG's arena....

I honestly think the TK is a bit to big to easily navigate the small area in which IG is set.

User Info: Fallhammer Lord

Fallhammer Lord
7 years ago#69
tidus55 posted...
I think we are forgetting one major aspects in all these fights....WHERE they are fighting....a lot of times the areas the bosses are located in give them either a huge advantage, or a huge disadvantage.For instance, Iron Golem vs Tower Knight in IG's arena....I honestly think the TK is a bit to big to easily navigate the small area in which IG is set.

This is true - the location for these fights isn't always taken into consideration.

But, in the example you give, the Tower Knight doesn't have to move, simply shield slam the area in front of him. This assumes they start facing each other, though. Or range spear the IG to death.

Of course, the IG has his ranged fissure-esque move, but it isn't as long range as the TK's.
~: Quid ad aeternum?:~
~:What is it in the light of eternity?:~

Prodicalx
7 years ago#70
young_caesar posted...
Explain how easily they win. I wanna hear your input.

First off, there are more of them. Second off, 4 or 5 of them are considered gods, while Demon Souls has 2 (dragon god and old king allant). Then there's the fact that there's 3 fights in the game that have multiple bosses (Ornstein/Smough, both Gargoyles, Four Kings) to Demon Souls 1 (Manticore). Now I'll line up bosses:
Phalanx vs Asylum Demon - Winner Asylum Demon, it has a wide swing and high damage, while phalanx's little guys attack particularly slow. Asylum demon would take 2/3 swipes with it's giant hammer and kill off most of the little guys on Phalanx. However, I should say that if they started far away, Phalanx would probably win due to the fact it can throw spears.
Tower Knight vs Iron Golem - Winner Iron Golem, It's stronger, more aggressive, doesn't need little side kicks, version of Tower Knight.
Penetrator vs Stray Demon - Winner Penetrator, it's really close, since Stray has darn strong Halberd attacks, and a fire attack that is killer, but Penetrator would charge through those and do massive damage up close. Really is 50/50, just like the next one.
Old King Allant vs Gwnn the Lord of Sunlight - Winner Gwyn, I'm actually not entirely sure who would win the fight, and feel it's really 50/50. I went with Gwyn because he has longer reach, and a more damaging sword. All of Allant's strong attacks take time to start up and Gwyn is far more aggressive then he is.
King Allant vs Taurus Demon - Winner Taurus Demon, it's not even a fair fight since the King does even really move, and only has 1 weak attack.
Black Maiden vs Capra Demon - Winner Capra Demon, again, not even fair, she has very little attacks and does very little damage.
Armor Spider vs Crossbreed Priscilla - Winner Priscilla, She does way more damage, can get out of the spider's view, and did I mention she does way more damage? Only way spider wins is if it can hit it's fire breath (long lasting one) attack a few times.
Flamelurker vs Chaos Witch Quelagg - Winner Flamelurker, Flamelurker is more aggressive, stronger hitting, and has much less delay in it's attacks. Quelagg gets slaughtered.
Dragon God vs Seath the Scaleless - Winner Seath, Seath killed hundreds of IMMORTAL dragons during the war, on to of that he has a crystal defenses. Oh, and he doesn't die to 2 spears and a couple bops on the the horn. He also isn't stupid enough to sit near 2 giant spears that could hurt him indefinitely. He has brains and power.
Fools Idol vs Moonlight Butterfly - Winner Moonlight Butterfly, it has a wide variety of attacks, and it's laser/grenade attacks are extremely powerful. It also has a wide spread soul arrow attack that would hit the decoys and the real Idol.
Manticores vs Gargoyles - Winner Manticore, Manticores slaughter the Gargoyles, plain and simple.
Old Monk (his black phantom really) vs Grey Wolf Sif - Winner Sif, Sif destroys whatever phantom the Old Monk summons, with EASE.
Adjucator vs Pin Wheel - Winner Pin Wheel, it can fly out of Adjucator's range, make decoys, and shoot strong magic attacks (Adjucator's weakness).
Old Hero vs Nito - Winner Nito, Old Hero only attacks after being attacked, and would attack the infinite spawning skeletons, all the while, taking huge damage from Nito.
Storm King vs Four Kings - Winner Four Kings, they clear out the little guys pretty quick, and would be able to hit Storm King at will with how quick they move around.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Demon's Souls bosses vs Dark Souls bosses...
  • Topic Archived