• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Broken Coop and horrible phantom P2P system fix request

User Info: Bladescorpion

Bladescorpion
8 years ago#1
Basically, they use a P2P server implementation of the phantom aspects of this game.

Thus it is extremely difficult, or impossible to meet up with your real life friends or online ones. Also, because of this implementation, P2P cuts down on the number of users on each game instance, so there will be less chances for White phantom summoning or invading.

So basically this half baked system shafts invaders, people with friends, and people wanting to regain their body form by helping out a random player. No one wins except loners.

If you like online aspects such as PVE or PVP, post complaints here and maybe they can undo this stupidity so that we can summon friends like in Demon's souls was or a nice invite a player stone:
http://www.preparetodie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2789

If you are a brainwashed fanboy/girl, have no friends, or apparently suffer from Stockholm syndrome, don't bother posting here as you would just ruin our "immersion".
Posted from my iPad/iPhone. Forgive spelling issues.

User Info: silver8ack

silver8ack
8 years ago#2
I haven't even been able to give a thought to multiplayer... I've been getting my butt handed to me. But I think I'm finally breaking through. Hopefully any bugs will be fixed soon.
PSN: o_silver8ack_o
Forgive the typos, I post from my iPhone a lot and it has a mind of it's own.

User Info: Bladescorpion

Bladescorpion
8 years ago#3
silver8ack posted...
I haven't even been able to give a thought to multiplayer... I've been getting my butt handed to me. But I think I'm finally breaking through. Hopefully any bugs will be fixed soon.

Cool. Best of luck to ya.

I was to annoyed with the phantom system to get too far last night. :/. This alone makes the game inferior to the first.

remember to boost your end and vit as well as your attack attribute and you should be ok.
Posted from my iPad/iPhone. Forgive spelling issues.

User Info: BhaalAvitar

BhaalAvitar
8 years ago#4
Yeah the p2p implementation really hurt the multiplayer, the frequency of encountering anyone is greatly reduced, its just compounded by the fact that the game world is so massive your lucky to find anyone.
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/skaters2.gif
PSN:BhaalAvitar

User Info: Zombie_Punk

Zombie_Punk
8 years ago#5
While that's probably the point of the whole thing I can't help but wonder if they went too far.
PSN: Zombie_Punk Live: And Remember

User Info: Johndv201

Johndv201
8 years ago#6
Bladescorpion posted...
Basically, they use a P2P server implementation of the phantom aspects of this game.

Thus it is extremely difficult, or impossible to meet up with your real life friends or online ones. Also, because of this implementation, P2P cuts down on the number of users on each game instance, so there will be less chances for White phantom summoning or invading.

So basically this half baked system shafts invaders, people with friends, and people wanting to regain their body form by helping out a random player. No one wins except loners.

If you like online aspects such as PVE or PVP, post complaints here and maybe they can undo this stupidity so that we can summon friends like in Demon's souls was or a nice invite a player stone:

If you are a brainwashed fanboy/girl, have no friends, or apparently suffer from Stockholm syndrome, don't bother posting here as you would just ruin our "immersion".

I never played Demon's Souls to play with friends. I always enjoyed playing with and mostly against strangers. I also always enjoyed terrorizing strangers.

To me, it was always great wondering what the black phantom was thinking when I kicked his ass, and what he was thinking when he kicked my ass.

What I love about videogames is when they get my heart pumping. And when it's a stranger that invades my game it makes it more terrorizing because I don't know the person at all. I can't predict what kind of class he is using which I would be able to easily to against my friends. And my friends invading wouldn't cause such a thrill in battle to me.

So to respond to you, not everyone likes to play the game "knowing." This game is all about getting my heart pumping and causing me fear when it comes to online. Because VICTORY NEVER TASTED SO SWEET.
"Memories are fragile things. After you reduce them to binary numbers and send them through the air, they're not memories anymore..." -Solid Snake-

User Info: BhaalAvitar

BhaalAvitar
8 years ago#7
I don't think unintentionally not encountering anyone for a few hours after dropping summon a signal was intended for the online mode. Then again the more I think about it I just remembered that covenants affect alot of the multiplayer experience.... so now i'm not so sure.
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/skaters2.gif
PSN:BhaalAvitar

User Info: Orange042

Orange042
8 years ago#8
Johndv201 posted...
Bladescorpion posted...

I never played Demon's Souls to play with friends. I always enjoyed playing with and mostly against strangers. I also always enjoyed terrorizing strangers.

To me, it was always great wondering what the black phantom was thinking when I kicked his ass, and what he was thinking when he kicked my ass.

What I love about videogames is when they get my heart pumping. And when it's a stranger that invades my game it makes it more terrorizing because I don't know the person at all. I can't predict what kind of class he is using which I would be able to easily to against my friends. And my friends invading wouldn't cause such a thrill in battle to me.

So to respond to you, not everyone likes to play the game "knowing." This game is all about getting my heart pumping and causing me fear when it comes to online. Because VICTORY NEVER TASTED SO SWEET.

Well this system hurts you too, because the chance of you encountering these heart pumping invaders has been reduced. I want to play with my friends, but I also wanna be summoned by strangers and get invaded. So far I've had to post my soul sign down for at least almost 15-20 mins so I can get summoned. In DS, I was getting summoned AND invaded constantly which made the game a lot more fun.
PSN: Orange042
Can your post wait? I'm in the middle of some calibrations.

User Info: cordialWombat

cordialWombat
8 years ago#9
i haven't even gotten a white soul stone (or whatever they're called in this game) yet.
Official 8th swordsman of the Mist of the UNSG boards.

User Info: Albert__Wesker

Albert__Wesker
8 years ago#10
you need to beat taurus for that .. after you reach the other side just before the dragon on the bridge there's a balcony with a guy on it and he will give you the white stone
~Ero Sennin~ I'm not a pervert, I'm a super pervert
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Broken Coop and horrible phantom P2P system fix request
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A