• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. (SPOILER) So about a certain secret boss...

User Info: James_Raynor87

James_Raynor87
7 years ago#1
I guess many of you guys have seen or heard the soundtrack of Dark Souls. Well, there is one theme that is entitled
"The Ancient Dragon"
It plays a theme that I did not hear during any boss fight. Thus I assume that this game contains an ancient dragon (as seen in the prologue) as a secret boss.
My question to you:
Do you know anything about that?
Do you think that there will be an ancient Dragon boss?
Do you think that this might be the secret boss a preview has talked about? (the one in the Duke's archives)

User Info: caramel_cod

caramel_cod
7 years ago#2
Well, so far we haven't seen Dark Sun Gwyndolin, who is a human, and the Dukes Archives boss, though I think having both Seath and another dragon in the same spot would be overkill.

Also, I don't think we've seen the boss of this area:

http://www.twitch.tv/silte/b/296011352

Silte is the only streamer I've seen in this place, but it looks like it just contains a covenant and a way in and out of the swamp. I'd be really surprised if From didn't hide a boss somewhere in this place.

User Info: memberop

memberop
7 years ago#3
@caramel_cod

In the new trailer it shows a boss *Blurry* in one of the shots. The attack it used sort of
gives me the impression it's the DA secret boss. Or is that seath?
(I.E. It's pretty big, blurry, and looks like it has wings. It makes the floor have crystal spikes
in one attack.)

James_Raynor87
7 years ago#4
That's actually Seath...
Well it would make sense to have another Dragon in teh Duke's Archives. Since Seath betrayed his own kind i think it would be possible that he imprisoned one of them in his domain.

User Info: The_Boredom

The_Boredom
7 years ago#5
Since this is From Software and Seath is already in the game I would automatically assume it's Guyra.

I'm not really keeping up with information anymore so I have no idea whether or not he was already found. I saw a picture once of a dragon-like monster with hair but I didn't really pay attention.

James_Raynor87
7 years ago#6
Who or what is Guyra? Never heard his name before....

User Info: The_Boredom

The_Boredom
7 years ago#7
James_Raynor87 posted...
Who or what is Guyra? Never heard his name before....

Guyra, like Seath, is a dragon from From Software's King's Field series. I believe he is the final boss of the first one. As I have never played the games myself I can't really tell you anymore than that.

User Info: Teh_Alchemist

Teh_Alchemist
7 years ago#8
*spoiler*

The Dragon Covenant ends with the player reviving Guyra.

Guyra is an old enemy from kings field, final boss of the first game

*SPOILERZ*
Knights do it two-handed...I am Neo-Exdeath...I shall destroy all memory, all existence, and all dimensions then I too shall disappear forever!!

User Info: Rocky7781

Rocky7781
7 years ago#9
Seath and Guyra are the two "god" like characters from the King's Field series. Another series that was made by From Software.
360 GT- HippoPuncher12
PSN Tag- Hippopuncher12

User Info: PS3Dragon

PS3Dragon
7 years ago#10
There's also the secret boss in the tutorial area. Another one of those Fat ass dragons aka the tutorial boss. Saw it from that one guy on youtube, think the name was epicgamesbro.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. (SPOILER) So about a certain secret boss...
  • Topic Archived