• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden 3
  3. Collectors edition figure broken.

User Info: FooMaster

FooMaster
7 years ago#1
Is anyone else's Hayabusa's sword broken in the box. Mine like this this guys in this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1ZAM3HOLGAI#t=0s

Called GameStop right when I got home at midnight I hope I can get a refund.

User Info: Zero Beat

Zero Beat
7 years ago#2
I'd contact Tecmo directly about that. If they don't offer to send you a new figure for free, make a stink on Kotaku, Joystiq, Destructoid, and other gaming-centric websites to force their hand. If there are enough reports of this happening on those sites, that should get results.

A similar situation happened with Bioshock's Collector's Edition, where part of the Big Daddy figure (The drill, I think) was broken off, and anyone with a broken Big Daddy got a new one and a free artbook, so this has happened before. Yeah, it was a different company, but still...
Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees. c§xxxxx{##################################>

User Info: kyle78

kyle78
7 years ago#3
I wonder if somebody redeemed that guys demo code , he flashed it the 25 digits are clearly visible. Man that would be hilarious if he found out the hard way.
GT: Kylehboc PSN: Kylehbocc
Hmmmm, what's that ?

Zero Beat
7 years ago#4
kyle78 posted...
I wonder if somebody redeemed that guys demo code , he flashed it the 25 digits are clearly visible. Man that would be hilarious if he found out the hard way.

That would be a rather impressive fail on his part.
Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees. c§xxxxx{##################################>

User Info: stagedawg

stagedawg
7 years ago#5
Mine is too. Going back to see if I can get a replacement.

User Info: radewagon

radewagon
7 years ago#6
3 out of 3... this isn't looking so good.

With those odds, there's a good chance a replacement from Gamestop would have the same issue. It's probably best, as already suggested, to contact Tecmo directly about this issue.

Zero Beat
7 years ago#7
Yeah, I'm heading out to get mine soon. This is starting to worry me.

Zero Beat
7 years ago#8
Just got mine. The swords weren't broken, so I lucked out there. However, it's more difficult to put together than it should be, since Ryu is supposed to be cutting the masked guy in half while simultaneously being stabbed just below the shoulder. You actually have to slide the masked guy's sword through the hole in Ryu while simultaneously fitting Ryu's sword into the masked guy's wound. This is harder than it should be.

Also, it's very difficult to get the figures on their pegs. I tried it with Ryu first and couldn't get it to work, so I very carefully reset and started over with the masked guy, and just barely got them both to fit without breaking anything.

It looks pretty cool, but this should have been assembled from the beginning and they should've used more durable materials so we wouldn't have to worry about this.

User Info: Evil_JigglyPuff

Evil_JigglyPuff
7 years ago#9
My figure isn't broken either but of course the CD holder is. Atleast the soundtrack isnt scratched.
GamerTag (PS3/XBOX 360): DamianTheOmen
AC:CF Damian In Goshen 1762 6322 1177

User Info: SequentialSword

SequentialSword
7 years ago#10
LMFAO is you pause it right you can see his code.... wow I hope he used it right after he made the video. Anyways my figure was fine thankfully, but my one foot pedestal is WAY off, and no it's not backwards! Only one of Ryu's feet can go in the hole
"Lightning... It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys"
-Lightning- Final Fantasy XIII
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden 3
  3. Collectors edition figure broken.
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
online pass ?wonder918/4 5:22PM