• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Asura's Wrath
  3. Gamestop employee told me not to get this game.

User Info: AdaptBlade_Kxm

AdaptBlade_Kxm
8 years ago#1
SOOOO....
Today I went to gamestop, asked if they had any copies of this game in since I couldn't find any. He immediately said "are you sure you want it?". I said yes, why, is it that bad or something. Then he explained why.

Its god of war on rails and part shooter, you hardly play, etc. His recommendation for a good game is the new Aliens game coming out. I can't determine if that is a good or bad choice, haven't seen anything bout it yet.

Well I go with my gut, say yeah I'm sure I want it.

He says ok, just get it used just in case you hate it. So I do, and the only copies were for PS3, so I got it anyways, didn't matter system if I was just doing a trial.

I start the game. I get the feeling that I may have made a bad choice. Well I make it up to the first deity fight and all after that I was just freaking blown away. I sat there, played the entire game in one sitting. I was just enthralled in the experience.

I can't wait to go back to the gamestop, trade it back used for all my money back b4 the 7 days and hopefully find a new xbox version in that store and buy it with its credits haha.

ANIME SIDENOTE
Anyone feel the main characters share a similarity to the two heros of S-Cry-ed?
Put Ya Guns On! After all...What've I got to lose? GT: The God Arm
---

User Info: tmkslay88

tmkslay88
8 years ago#2
Never listen to gamestop people, all they know is Call of Dooooody duuuudeee!

I've have tons of bad experiences as have ALOT of other people, plus everyone there is some dumb high-school kid

User Info: vgman94

vgman94
8 years ago#3
I get the feeling that I may have made a bad choice. Well I make it up to the first deity fight and all after that I was just freaking blown away.

Anyone feel the main characters share a similarity to the two heros of S-Cry-ed?

1st sentence: This one should be a lesson for all readers that games shouldn't be judged by their opening. I've seen a lot of people who say a game sucks without giving it a real chance. Glad you liked it.

2nd sentence. I completely agree! These characters have a very similar dynamic and similar personalities. Cool and collected, hot-headed and stubborn. Both with good hearts who deal in things differently and eventually join up. A lot of people compare this with Naruto and Sasuke, but I say S-Cry-Ed has far more similarities. Also, Gamestop employees, I've never dealt with. But it seems they're very bad with business. Putting their own opinions into things is really bad unless the customer makes a statement first. Awesome plan. This game got very few sales and deserves more love. Your plan to buy it new is awesome to me. I salute you sir. You have my admiration. =)

User Info: vgman94

vgman94
8 years ago#4
Ah, crap.... I forgot to leave the italicizing symbols in. :/

User Info: DayWithoutGames

DayWithoutGames
8 years ago#5
Another gamestop story that I heard:
Someone asked gamestopper for a copy of Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes, gamestopper said : "well , our gamestop reviewers give this game bad scores , so even though I only saw the cover of this game , I know it sucks , dont buy it " .

Customer : I dont give a dame about your scores , give me the dame game .

gamestopper : ok , here is your stinking game , and dont come back here crying to trade the game back.

FYI , Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes is the best game of capcom that I have ever played .

AdaptBlade_Kxm posted...
Then he explained why . Its god of war on rails and part shooter, you hardly play, etc.
He says ok, just get it used just in case you hate it.
I sat there, played the entire game in one sitting.

This is a rare occasion that gamestopper was right lol , this asura " game " is the worst game of crapcum because it isnt even qualify as a game . And the fact that you finished it in 1 sitting means this "game " is only 1-2 hours long .
Ancient JAPs played Pokemon during their pastime:
http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/daywithoutgames/PokemonXXXJAPs/

User Info: Vegetall

Vegetall
8 years ago#6
i finished god of war 3 in 2 sittings...

this game is so epic it hurts....

and i also agree with the sengoku basara, its a great game, i cant say its better then DW series, but its there on the right track

User Info: RoboFFL2

RoboFFL2
8 years ago#7
I love this game. I work at Gamestop. Not everyone that works there is a run of the mill CoD fan. Just a heads up haha. Sengoku Basara is better than a lot of the Dynasty Warriors games imo, a close match for DW7/XL though. I like playing with Takada and his matches lol.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=914653&topic=21190732 Check that out!

User Info: old97fan83

old97fan83
8 years ago#8
i also work at gamestop

bought this the day it came out, really enjoyed it, and i could care less about most anime or anything overtly "japanese"

but i will say i also try to "guide" my customers and give them proper info on games that aren't in their normal purchasing pattern

example someone who plays a lot of shooters i am going to go into detail about the game and try to help make an informed purchase

and as for the comment that all gamestop employees are stupid high school kids, i think broad generalizations are stupid and most people on the internet need to grow up a little

we're here to discuss the game not bash on gamestop
I aim to misbehave

User Info: Skyz

Skyz
8 years ago#9
AdaptBlade_Kxm posted...
SOOOO....
Today I went to gamestop, asked if they had any copies of this game in since I couldn't find any. He immediately said "are you sure you want it?". I said yes, why, is it that bad or something. Then he explained why.

Its god of war on rails and part shooter, you hardly play, etc. His recommendation for a good game is the new Aliens game coming out. I can't determine if that is a good or bad choice, haven't seen anything bout it yet.

Well I go with my gut, say yeah I'm sure I want it.

He says ok, just get it used just in case you hate it. So I do, and the only copies were for PS3, so I got it anyways, didn't matter system if I was just doing a trial.

I start the game. I get the feeling that I may have made a bad choice. Well I make it up to the first deity fight and all after that I was just freaking blown away. I sat there, played the entire game in one sitting. I was just enthralled in the experience.

I can't wait to go back to the gamestop, trade it back used for all my money back b4 the 7 days and hopefully find a new xbox version in that store and buy it with its credits haha.

ANIME SIDENOTE

Did you play all the DLC episodes...I mean they're awesome... and great. If you trade it you won't get all the future episodes.
Skyz the limit. Try and Reach it.

User Info: Fayt16

Fayt16
8 years ago#10
Asura eventually does the S-cry-ed punch in some fights with the whole mid-air "do a full turn around punch in your face"
You silly ban you!
PSN: YuukiFayt
  1. Boards
  2. Asura's Wrath
  3. Gamestop employee told me not to get this game.
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
RejoiceSave_The_World41/10 1:00AM

GameFAQs Q&A