• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
  3. Well, seeing as this board is pretty much dead...

User Info: ASaucyDwarf

ASaucyDwarf
6 years ago#1
I will be checking every once in a while for posts. I am very experienced in this game, and quite a bit on the surrounding lore as well, so I welcome any questions you players may have.
PSN: A_Saucy_Dwarf
I play Black Ops 2, and Skyrim mostly. Add me if you wanna play and chill.

User Info: Harvin_Time

Harvin_Time
6 years ago#2
I'd like your opinion of the game and some advice on how best to play it. I've started numerous times, but feel like I am going about it wrong-- like investing in stealing. I really do not want to have to a walkthrough with me at all times, so some general tips and advice would be appreciated, i.e do not worry about money or stealing as you will be able to buy anything and everything by the end etc... or invest in healing as this is the most important skill....don't do this part of the game before doing this....beware of missables...

So, consider the above, as well as know that I must always play on hard difficulty (one above normal) and I will always reset when any party member dies-- don't ask why it is just is the way I always play-- never used a phoenix down in my life...have some type of RPG autism....will seek help for it eventually...personally blame Dark Cloud 2 for it....

Yeah, this board is usually dead so go to town.
Now playing: Mass Effect 2

User Info: ASaucyDwarf

ASaucyDwarf
6 years ago#3
Harvin_Time posted...
I'd like your opinion of the game and some advice on how best to play it. I've started numerous times, but feel like I am going about it wrong-- like investing in stealing. I really do not want to have to a walkthrough with me at all times, so some general tips and advice would be appreciated, i.e do not worry about money or stealing as you will be able to buy anything and everything by the end etc... or invest in healing as this is the most important skill....don't do this part of the game before doing this....beware of missables...

So, consider the above, as well as know that I must always play on hard difficulty (one above normal) and I will always reset when any party member dies-- don't ask why it is just is the way I always play-- never used a phoenix down in my life...have some type of RPG autism....will seek help for it eventually...personally blame Dark Cloud 2 for it....

Yeah, this board is usually dead so go to town.

Ok, this is my opinion. I never go with stealing. I find it pointless for reasons you stated. Money is really never an issue, and it really shouldn't ever be. Especially if you have the DLC's (which I'm assuming you do since this is the Ultimate Edition board). The armor and weapons worth keeping are always found, and not bought. But there are some worth buying, such as the mage robes found in Denerim in the store by the warehouse. So as long as you have DLC armor and whatnot, you should be fine.

I can help you more with your game, if you tell me your current party. But this is what I recommend. Tank- Alistair (Templar/Champion) DPS/Off Tank- Oghren (Berzerker/Reaver) Healer- Wynne (Spirit Healer/ Arcane Warrior) And seeing as you are a rogue usually (from what I could assume with your question on stealing- Assassination/Duelist)
PSN: A_Saucy_Dwarf
I play Black Ops 2, and Skyrim mostly. Add me if you wanna play and chill.

User Info: Harvin_Time

Harvin_Time
6 years ago#4
Yeah, I'm going to start over when I play again next...just finished Mass Effect 2 so I will give bioware a break for awhile. But when I do return, I will be the human rogue noble. So can you tell me about any missables or how to best tackle the dlc (when and order)? Due to my playing style I have often thought that as soon as I get a healer I should just use her and heal everyone while they do their own thing. I have to admit, I do not like controlling more than one character or keeping an eye out for the A.I.

thanks for your time pal.
Now playing: Mass Effect 2
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
  3. Well, seeing as this board is pretty much dead...
  • Topic Archived