• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
  3. Did you guys enjoy Final Fantasy XIII?

User Info: SophiaMagicGirl

SophiaMagicGirl
6 years ago#1
Did you? - Results (90 votes)
*KUPO* YES!!! LIGHTNING~~~~!!!!!!!!
16.67% (15 votes)
Hell yes. Definitely one of the best FF ever.
7.78% (7 votes)
Yes, it was pretty fun and a refreshing experience from the classical FF
26.67% (24 votes)
Well, it's okay. Could use a little more exploration though.
10% (9 votes)
Could have been better if Hope is not there.
2.22% (2 votes)
Not really. The previous FFs are better.
7.78% (7 votes)
No. It's dull as *kupo*
6.67% (6 votes)
*KUPO* NO!!! WORST. FF. EVER!!!! Whoever likes this crap needs to be shot!
10% (9 votes)
*Meteor Swarm / Animate Earth who ever chose the first choice*
12.22% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The last choice is Valcrist bait, obviously.

Anyway, this DYG topic coincidentally queued on the day I finally finished FFXIII (Well, technically, I'm at the last save point, but what's the difference? >_>)

So, I'll be putting my assessment of that game here as well.

Graphics
Well, I guess we don't have to go into that department. The graphic is beautiful hands down.

Battle
I kind of like the battle flow. Although I did ended up using the Auto-Battle button a lot, anyone who said all you have to do is press O is obviously either exaggerating their hate or didn't even got to the point where the party was branded l'cie.
If you really want to complain about the game playing by itself too much, then FFXII would be even worse with gambit setups. (Not saying Gambits are bad though, in fact, I'm a big fan of it)
Anyway, I digress.
While certain Paradigms Decks are good from the beginning to the end of the game, I found myself stuck a couple of times both pre- and during Chapter 11 with using the default paradigms. The game becomes significantly easier when you actually plan your deck and set it accordingly to your opponent.
To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the Paradigm Shift idea when I first saw it, but it turns out it was enjoyable to its own right.
I also like the fact that I didn't have to grind at all to get through the game, as long as I don't avoid encounters.

Characters
Lightning: Well, she had her moments and she's pretty cool. Gotta admit I drooled over Army of One, but that's pretty much it.
Snow: He gets annoying with his hero obsession, but frankly speaking, all he's trying to do is save his bride-to-be. Gotta give him for that.
Sazh: Well, he's kinda funny. But because of that, it's kinda hard to take him seriously.
Vanille: I like her outfit. Nuff said.
Hope: He is a troubled child in a rebellious age and his mom flippin died in front of him so honestly people, cut him some slack. Later on he turns out to be a rather good character, IMO.
Fang: She's a female Kain >_> I mean really, she even has his backstabbing habit. And not to mention her special COM attack. All in all, the fact that I knew she was intended to be a guy makes it hard for me to look at her as woman >_<

Difficulty and Game Flow
Like average players, I kinda hit a small bump when I got to chapter 11. It's the first time in the whole game that I didn't know where I have to go, lol. Plus, I wasn't expecting stuffs that can kill me in a hit. Not to mention the stupidly absurd enemy pair up in the last chapters (the big robot and 3 crystal Cie'ths @_@).
I got game over'd a couple of times, but most of that came from leader dying, and I guess that's my only biggest gripe about the battle system.

Overall Impression
I don't find the game all that bad like what the hate wagon was labeling the game. In fact, my impression was several times better than my first impression of FFXII.
Although I'm not gonna say this is the best game I've ever played, I definitely enjoy playing through it.
All in all, on a scale of 1 to 10, this game is probably some where on 6.5
I'd definitely be playing a couple of post-game missions before returning this to my friend (since I'm borrowing his disc) and get myself XIII-2 (My friend told me he hated Noel so he didn't bother getting XIII-2, lol)
Official Prez of Sophia Esteed Eternal Fan (25)
Official "Did you guys" guy of GFAQ's Duodecim Boards (Credit: Mega_Skrull)

User Info: jfielding95

jfielding95
6 years ago#2
2nd option, I hate Mog, and I was sent here from the LR:FFXIII board for some reason.

User Info: Calvinwolf

Calvinwolf
6 years ago#3
Overall, the game is nice, story kept me interested, scenery is gorgeous.
More exploration and town will definitely be better.
Just wished Square Enix will take the exploration and towns from Final Fantasy XII to merge it with the story and interesting characters from Final Fantasy XIII. It's a winner for me.

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
6 years ago#4
Why does it need to be on this board?

We've already decided that it's garbage.
Still better than Dissidia though.

User Info: TheExiled280

TheExiled280
6 years ago#5
kupo1705 posted...

Why are you here? <_<
PSN: TheExiled12894 // A Proud Owner of a PlayStation Vita
BARRAGE is getting canceled after 15 chapters yet Shonen Jump is keeping crap like Toriko... WTF

TheExiled280
6 years ago#6
I liked the game
BARRAGE is getting canceled after 15 chapters yet Shonen Jump is keeping crap like Toriko... WTF

kupo1705
6 years ago#7
TheExiled280 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Why are you here? <_<

Because I got linked here.

TheExiled280
6 years ago#8
kupo1705 posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Why are you here? <_<

Shoo

kupo1705
6 years ago#9
TheExiled280 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Why are you here? <_<

Shoo

No.

TheExiled280
6 years ago#10
kupo1705 posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Why are you here? <_<

Shoo

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
  1. Boards
  2. Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy
  3. Did you guys enjoy Final Fantasy XIII?
  • Topic Archived