• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. The Mercenaries Wishlist

User Info: MashYouGood

MashYouGood
8 years ago#21
- survival mode with increasing difficulty (*no timers)
- choice of split-screen views - horizontal / vertical (for the main game too)
- pre-game weapons load outs
- real time weather changes (like storms rolling in)
- lots of characters with differing gameplay traits (health / speed / strength)...

User Info: MorphineChild

MorphineChild
8 years ago#22
MashYouGood posted...
- survival mode with increasing difficulty (*no timers)
- choice of split-screen views - horizontal / vertical (for the main game too)
- pre-game weapons load outs
- real time weather changes (like storms rolling in)
- lots of characters with differing gameplay traits (health / speed / strength)...

These all sound like awesome ideas. I particularly love the first one, as I don't like being rushed. It's why Mercenaries gets old really quickly for me.

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
8 years ago#23
MorphineChild posted...
1. Claire (with RE2 and CV costumes)
2. Jill (with STARS and RE3 costumes)
3. Barry
4. Rebecca

It would be easy to do - they could just use Jill's model from Remake and make it HD (like they did with Barry and Rebecca in RE5 Mercenaries), and use Claire's awesome model from Darkside Chronicles.

I get the feeling that Capcom is trying to edge these characters out of the story, though, so I doubt it will happen. My guess? They think they're all too old. Females in their mid-to-late 30s aren't seen often in games because they're not "hot" enough. It shouldn't matter for a mini-game, though, right? Right?!

Jill aged like 10 years between RE1 and RE5 yet she looks mostly the same. Hot is still hot even in older women. They're called Cougars.

User Info: MenuWars

MenuWars
8 years ago#24
Grimno posted...
Barry Burton
A Troll is a Troll, unless it's an ugly Giant.
~Troll Cannibalism 101~

User Info: RineN1

RineN1
8 years ago#25
Mr_arizona posted...
MorphineChild posted...
1. Claire (with RE2 and CV costumes)
2. Jill (with STARS and RE3 costumes)
3. Barry
4. Rebecca

It would be easy to do - they could just use Jill's model from Remake and make it HD (like they did with Barry and Rebecca in RE5 Mercenaries), and use Claire's awesome model from Darkside Chronicles.

I get the feeling that Capcom is trying to edge these characters out of the story, though, so I doubt it will happen. My guess? They think they're all too old. Females in their mid-to-late 30s aren't seen often in games because they're not "hot" enough. It shouldn't matter for a mini-game, though, right? Right?!

Jill aged like 10 years between RE1 and RE5 yet she looks mostly the same. Hot is still hot even in older women. They're called Cougars.

Agreed ;D
Just like at her in her batte suit... and she is in her mid 30's!
So i dont think thats the main reason of that
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: RE 6 (360). Playing: RE 5 (360), Sonic the Hedgehog (360)

User Info: zeloswilder_fan

zeloswilder_fan
8 years ago#26
Parker for that touch of Italian.
Causing mischief to famous YouTubers and eventually taking over the world.

User Info: MorphineChild

MorphineChild
8 years ago#27
Mr_arizona posted...

All hot "older" women are not cougars. Cougars are older women (regardless if they're hot or not) who go after younger men.

My point is that Capcom is a Japanese company, and Japan values youthfulness even more than the west does. Since they're catering to a "younger" male audience, it's more likely that they'll want to use "younger" females. It's possible that they think Jill is too old now, and probably Claire, too.

But regardless, that should only matter for a main story, not a non-canon side mode.

User Info: RineN1

RineN1
8 years ago#28
MorphineChild posted...
Mr_arizona posted...

All hot "older" women are not cougars. Cougars are older women (regardless if they're hot or not) who go after younger men.

My point is that Capcom is a Japanese company, and Japan values youthfulness even more than the west does. Since they're catering to a "younger" male audience, it's more likely that they'll want to use "younger" females. It's possible that they think Jill is too old now, and probably Claire, too.

But regardless, that should only matter for a main story, not a non-canon side mode.

Like in Rebecca in the Mercenaries Reunion?
The age stated in her profile is exactly the same she had back in 1998, lol
You have a pretty good point here
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: RE 6 (360). Playing: RE 5 (360), Sonic the Hedgehog (360)

User Info: DrakoVongola1

DrakoVongola1
8 years ago#29
Do we even know that there's going to be a Mercenaries yet? Like have they said anything? I haven't been keeping up. I'm sure there will be, but I'd like a confirmation.

Anyway:

Claire Redfield
Jill Valentine
Albert Wesker
Barry Burton

I don't even care if they put in the main characters of this game into Mercs mode, if I can get those 4 I'm happy.
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.

User Info: sbn4

sbn4
8 years ago#30
I personally think women can potentially start looking her best in their 30s actually. I mean, RE5 Jill is by far the best looking Jill. But it is a double standard. Part of the reason you are seeing a lot of new female characters is because the younger the better. Men being older is not usually a bad thing. Snake looks old n MGS4 but people loved playing as him in that game. A middle aged grizzled male veteran is usually seen as badass, but a female is seen as washed up.

But on topic, I'd want to see Barry, Wesker, and Claire. Jill and Josh just miss the spot mainly because I enjoy Battlesuit Jill iteration the most, both aesthetically and from a gameplay perspective. But the chances of her returning are slim to none. And Josh, well, he's just friggin' awesome.
"No man should fight any war but his own."
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. The Mercenaries Wishlist
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A