• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Mercenaries , Spoilers , Some tips (Solo mode on PS3)

User Info: KYO2017

KYO2017
3 months ago#41
Creature Workshop .....Solo

I always start the same way

1] I collect the red herb and the green herb , mixing , breaking 2 or 3 time crystals

2] I collect everything and start the combo halfway between the "shute" or duct opening where enemies drop and the lower intersection (of passage ways)

3] I timely kill the first 5 enemies individually , then I moved to a similiar passage way (where enemies cannot fall off the edge) , continuing the combo adding 7 secs and 5 secs.

4] I will move back to the "starting point" where I begun the combo , so I can deal with those flying javos

5] Different types of enemies spawn , including chunks , the chainsaw man , machine pistol javos , scissors head , 3 remaining flying javos . I will get rid of chainsaw man early , calculating what it will kill . There is a possibility that the first wave of napads spawn

6] When the riflemen spawn , I collect their green herbs asap . There is a second wave of napads , flying javos . Then there is the armoured javos that are difficult to counter. I might want to use my remaining grenade here . (The flash grenade I always reserve for the chainsaw man , which can be taken out with the assault rifle only without using flash . I spam shoot napads also ).

7] A lot of hand shooting is required here (as well as quickshots)

8] Avoid killing multiple chunks or enemies as delayed spawning will cause you to lose the combo . I use grenade near the end on those armoured javos

9] The fourth napad may drop after the combo is lost. It is normally trapped on the highest shute above the top floor
also known as Tamshe

KYO2017
3 months ago#42
Chris on this event (Urban Chaos Dominator)

I got my first million with Chris (def) , after failing with Jake and Carla , and forgetting how to play the game and how to use the controls . I was actually trying to use rer2 controls

I will probably miss the next event or try new characters

I think its time to just play RER2 events and RE6 events ' dominators and campaigns ) only.
Time to hang up my boots
also known as Tamshe
(edited 3 months ago)

KYO2017
2 months ago#43
Steel Beast Dominator event tomorrow

Practicing with a new character for a million score , I tried
Chris (ex3)
Leon (ex)
Sherry (def) in that order . ( I forgot about Sherry Ex )

Due to lack of practice or familiarization , I gave up on Chris ex3 after firing rocket by mistakes

Further practice with Leon (ex1) was a mistake as the guns are too slow and more practice was needed

With Sherry (def) however , I got a 146 combo and a new 1 million score .It was just lack of practice that I lost the combo at the end as I failed to reload

I do not have Carla on my ingame profile , but I am sure I did it at an event or it was my very first 1 million on my older profile . I will possibly try Carla again tomorrow
also known as Tamshe
(edited 2 months ago)

KYO2017
2 months ago#44
Steel beast solo

Completed Sherry (ex1) 1 million without much problems

Carla on Steel Beast Dominator

I had to improvise as the "bees" and the napad together was causing problems to maintain combo . I slowed down events untill I killed the napads , ( using the drum on 2nd floor ). I had to kill the bee on the lowest floor , then I got the the 1 million score
also known as Tamshe

KYO2017
2 months ago#45
Mercenaries solo achievements ( on my game profile )

I just finished " Urban Chaos dominator " with Chris def . Like on a previous event , my ingame solo profile has 553643 , not the 1 million plus score.

I finished with Carla on the "steel beast dominator" and it was updated on my ingame profile.

I won't bother "renet" with this

On "mining the depths" and "creature workshop" , I only have 2 characters with 1 million , because of Carla and Jake respectively . Having aced rer2 campaigns , and not bothering to use all "EX" weapons , I will try new characters on re6 mercenaries . Then I might replay the campaigns on the duo mode , using my experienced skills , since I was a noob playing the campaign first . Luckily I learnt from online players, YT videos and practice ( over 3,500 hrs )

One day I might learn the spawn patterns better , together with counterattacks , but I will be hampered by internet
also known as Tamshe
(edited 2 months ago)

KYO2017
2 months ago#46
Here is another guide by Archon of the steam community (copied from the pc forum)

Resident Evil 6 Basic and Advanced Mechanics by Archon

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454704048

This is how the campaign and mercenaries should be played , bearing in mind the ps3 mechanics is different, and you may be killed
also known as Tamshe
(edited 2 months ago)

KYO2017
1 month ago#47
Mining the depths with Jake

Since I played mainly with Carla all the time , I decided to another popular character
, Jake

His counterattacks are weak for 10 pts , so I replaced the "time bonus" skill with "power counter" . It took a while to learn this map again

147 combo with 967 thousand points (score)

150 combo , just scoring 1 million making this the first time using another skill other than the "time bonus" skill.

It looks like I can get other new characters with 1 million .... Sherry , Helena , Chris ex3 , Ada , Leon if I practice enough on SOLO mode (with the time bonus skill)
also known as Tamshe
(edited 1 month ago)

KYO2017
1 month ago#48
No Mercy Mercenaries

It really hurts that ps3 players were left out . A little more as Capcom added it to the ps4

I suppose it might have been too difficult
also known as Tamshe

KYO2017
1 month ago#49
Mining the depths dominator

I used Helena (def) for 2 hours (after trials on previous 2 days) with the regular "time bonus" skill

1] things went ok with counter attacks , but as the retries progressed , counters got weaker and was unexpected . I restarted the game once , but it did not help.

2] there was apparent lag . Quickshots started missing . I changed the weapon , but the previous gun was still equipped for a second . I actually changed a gun on the controller , broke the combo crystal with the "previous" weapon , jumped , then i actually equipped the desired weapon (seen on the television)

I could not finish the game in the open (for 100 to 130 kills) . I had to use the cave . Then i was able to finish off the last 10 easy enemies.

That was how i got a new million with Helena who is strong in "mining the depths"
also known as Tamshe

KYO2017
2 weeks ago#50
10 seconds or 15 seconds to maintain a combo?

Although I saw this 15 seconds recently on my system and on threads , i got the feeling it was 10 seconds or less during 3000 hrs plus of mercenaries. I even had a family member checked . I have lost many combos after CDG , then a quick shot and slide for another , doubting it was even 10 seconds . This is a main reason , i avoid 10 seconds counterattack

Railway mercenaries have been very hard for me over the last 5 days with a new character and even new skills

I only succeeded once with Jake , whom I am accustom using , failing over 30 times with new characters , Sherry ex , helena , hunk and even Chris default

There were unusual spawns and group spawns. Many lulls at the right time causing me to think about the "pause glitch" .

The invincibility on CDG and r1 was broken many times losing a combo

I just have enough of RE SH... and this will be the last event for me , to complete a full round of ! million scores on consecutive dominators. (funny thing is people hosting other maps than the railway map for upcoming event)
also known as Tamshe
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Mercenaries , Spoilers , Some tips (Solo mode on PS3)
  • Post New Message