• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Mercenaries , Spoilers , Some tips (Solo mode on PS3)

User Info: KYO2017

KYO2017
7 months ago#1
The topic on mercenaries above with 500 posts (created by NelloAngelo) was never completed

Some maps were completely left out

I am going to talk about my experiences with US version , played in the Caribbean with my 2 mb/s copper connection as well as 30 mb/s cable connection

Its really how I achieved 1 million scores at each map and how others ( my friends used different characters )

As discussed above

Different skills were recommended for each character

Time bonuses were recommended for the first 10 kills only

The spawn sequence were given for about 4 maps

The "legit players" on the leatherboard will give an idea on which characters were used
Jake
Chris
Sherry
and Carla are popular

CJ on "Capcom Unity external forum" gave some great tips also

There are many Youtube videos on ps3 which don't work on my system . While connection speed may be an issue , they just can not be copied , action by action , 10 seconds counterattack by counterattack . However the youtube videos are best for learning spawn patterns

Maybe someone else can list the spawns of the maps not listed on thread above
also known as Tamshe
(edited 7 months ago)

KYO2017
7 months ago#2
Tips for Mercenaries Mode from Someone Who Thinks She's Pretty Good (Haha)
CJ in 2014 (topic creator)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/30407605/tips-for-mercenaries-mode-from-someone-who-thinks-shes-pretty-good-haha
also known as Tamshe

KYO2017
7 months ago#3
Mercenaries maps are

Urban Chaos

Steel Beast

Mining the Depths

Rail Yard

High Seas Fortress

The Catacombs

Requiem for War

Liquid Fire

Rooftop Mission

Creature Workshop
also known as Tamshe

KYO2017
7 months ago#4
You can get 1 million scores with 147 combos or even 146 kills in a combo as it depends when some enemies are killed

If you kill an enemy , you have 10 seconds to kill another ( sometimes less as in my system ). If you continue to kill all 150 enemies in a combo , the game ends and you score over 1 million . There are many enemies after 149 kills and you like to kill the last enemy ( like the secret boss ) for extra bonus points

If you fail to kill an enemy within 10 seconds after being warned by the "blinking kills on the screen" , you will lose the combo . If you fail the combo after 2 kills , you should restart

Youtube videos are great to study , you may not be able to copy them like me

If you score 1 million on an event , or any thing higher than what you have in the game , it may not show up under the character , but it may show up on the leatherboard and renet event . I suppose this can be corrected . ( Example my UC event score with Jake )
also known as Tamshe

KYO2017
7 months ago#5
You can learn a lot from people playing cooperative mode on the campaign as well as on mercenaries

I have played with serious players from France and Japan , and other territories over the world . My young friend (female) will learn the spawn patterns in detail. Experts would help her get very high scores . Some of my highest scores came from these players

On solo mode (or duo for that matter) :-

1. You will get nowhere if you kill enemies by shooting only

2. You need to add time to you count down by breaking the "time cystals" and killing with counterattacks (counter for short) , and 5 seconds by stabbing or stomping the enemy to death

3. If you use the "time bonus" skill , you get added precious seconds . This is the only skill I have been successful with

4.. Counter(attack) gives you 10 seconds added time if you kill the enemy

5. CDG (coup-de-grace) gives you added 7 secs , when the enemy is heavily stunned and you kill from its front , not behind as you gain 5 seconds . Male characters can use back hand . All can use "quick shot" and slide for the 7 secs bonus

6. "Attack reaction" is set to off . It does not work all the time and players learn from experience ( for counterattack )

7. The knife is fully useful with the character gaining 5 sec or better with counterattack
also known as Tamshe
(edited 7 months ago)

KYO2017
7 months ago#6
Any body who has ps3 mercenaries should give their suggestions

If you are not on ps3 , please indicate the platform you are using

I will be trying not to give too many spoilers

I have finished RER and re6 with a 2 mb/s connection . I was abandon many times with this slow connection. Nevertheless , I enjoyed playing with friend across the world ( 12 hrs difference ) . The 30 mb/sec also had problems ( which i had for rer2 and re6 ). Netflix worked with the 2 mb/s by the way.
also known as Tamshe

KYO2017
7 months ago#7
Urban Chaos .Solo

I first got 1 million with Carla . This map/stage is one of hardest stage to finish

The enemies are slow at the beginning and very aggressive towards the end

With my second renet profile , after i lost all my saves with a ps3 slim , and on a ps3 , super slim , I got only 2 characters with 1 million , Carla and Jake

My friend across the world got his with Piers EX . Someone in Poland may have used ADA

There are many strong characters here.

Chris has a knife , an assault rifle which is very versatile and a magnum . I am unable at this time to cope with the wave of enemies as they are too fast . It is difficult to get 10 seconds bonus here as I have to control the assault rifle which kills quickly . His body blocks vision.

Helena is also a strong character here with a one shot from pistol and a counter(attack)

I have gotten double Ss with all characters . If you play long enough , watch videos and develop a strategy with your desired character , you may pull it off with 1 million score

Basic Strategy i used

1. Open all time bonuses/crystals

2. Collect every thing while mixing your red and green herbs . (You may run out of storage space)

3. Set remote bomb upstairs to kill an enemy that is a magnum shooter. The magnum shooters ( called zombies on this map ) can cause you to lose a combo . Practice anyway

4. Attack enemies when ready (unless you want to be an ace player) , by shooting one of 3 combo (blue) crystals . Some people do this after 1 st kill . I won't bother with any if i missed the first 1

5. Attempt to get 7 and 10 secs bonuses early

6 Save your subweapons for late enemies . Use fire bombs to keep combo when grabbed or a magnum bullet or shotgun . You will not be able to handle too many enemies if surrounded . Move away and shoot to kill

7. Save the drums for last enemies and bosses

8 . I would kill the 1st " fatman " with a drum and collect the herb

9. There are many tricks for resting . They include lying flat , resting against a bus or wall or ledge (on rail yard ) .I used these . You can shoot while lying flat and rolling around . The 10 seconds counterattack must be used wisely during the second half (75 kills) . I use 5 and 7 seconds counters as well as shooting to kill . Jake has the best way to rest

10 Aggressive enemies include "bloodshots" , "dogs" , Napad , Fatmen , leaping zombies and magnum shooters .

11. Running away from bloodshots and dogs give me a better chance after a quick turn and counter attack

12. Enemies also clash causing you to lose combo . Their attacks if successful could cause you to lose combo
also known as Tamshe
(edited 7 months ago)

KYO2017
7 months ago#8
Time bonus error on first post:-

" Time bonuses were recommended for the first 10 kills only "
I meant the blue crystals ( combo bonus crystals ) , extracted from previous posts and main thread above
also known as Tamshe

KYO2017
7 months ago#9
Camera settings are very useful , if you want to get better results as you can see more enemies

Other settings include controller and lighting , which are important as well.

No need in not seeing what you fighting when attempting a 150 kills combo
also known as Tamshe

KYO2017
7 months ago#10
Carla

By playing with the controls , there are 2 ways to change the type of grenades on the launcher.
The usual methods is slow . (you might need "three hands" like me to change grenades and run at the same time as shown on the youtube videos )

If you play regularly with Carla , you can change the grenades quickly as shown on the videos

I must stop running to change weapons , sub weapons and grenades for the launcher.. Some seconds i lose when i change grenades with Carla. Some people do this in a fraction of a second . ( I am not sure my ps3 can do this as there are forced delays or lag )
also known as Tamshe
(edited 7 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Mercenaries , Spoilers , Some tips (Solo mode on PS3)
  • Post New Message