• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Top 10 Reasons why Resident Evil 6 sucks

User Info: schlaufuchsMIKE

schlaufuchsMIKE
6 years ago#61
dctcool posted...
2. Silly moments

Oh boy where do I begin? Lets see: A Tank driving through an expensive Chinese Mansion, a cheap death event with a meat grinder, A motorcycle chase sequence with conveniently placed ramps, same said sequence where you jump over a helicopter because ... It looks "Action-y", Flying a fighter jet to take on an aircraft carrier, Riding snowmobiles through a crust shifting earthquake in the mountains, surviving an airplane crash and riding on the roof of a train throwing physics out the window

Damn! Sounds pretty sweet! *goes and buys RE6*
"This is America - none of us are supposed to be here." ~ Peter Hornberger, 30Rock

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
6 years ago#62
gamestop27 posted...
Because not everyone holds your assumptions about what makes a quality game?

Well you basically said originally that yes people recognize the issues, they just don't think it makes the game worse. To me that translates to low standards, willingness to eat up half-assed or poorly planned mechanics etc. Regardless of whether or not you liked the game you shouldn't try to cover up its flaws, you should hold developers to a high standard and demand that things be excellent, not just "fun so it doesn't bother me."

There are some issues that are more subjective than others, but some complaints are pretty close to objective flaws (especially any bugs/gltiches).

But yes, for subjective things, if the mainstream is okay with stuff I'm not okay with, then my outlook on the future of gaming is grim because those things I don't like are likely to be perpetuated. And I care if I like a game, not if most people like games.

User Info: gamestop27

gamestop27
6 years ago#63
EgHeadFool posted...
gamestop27 posted...
Because not everyone holds your assumptions about what makes a quality game?

Well you basically said originally that yes people recognize the issues, they just don't think it makes the game worse. To me that translates to low standards, willingness to eat up half-assed or poorly planned mechanics etc. Regardless of whether or not you liked the game you shouldn't try to cover up its flaws, you should hold developers to a high standard and demand that things be excellent, not just "fun so it doesn't bother me."

There are some issues that are more subjective than others, but some complaints are pretty close to objective flaws (especially any bugs/gltiches).

But yes, for subjective things, if the mainstream is okay with stuff I'm not okay with, then my outlook on the future of gaming is grim because those things I don't like are likely to be perpetuated. And I care if I like a game, not if most people like games.

It's basically your imagination acting up because someone or some people disagree with you.
Just sit there and shut up, this ain't no democracy~James Carter
...yes it is~Lee

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
6 years ago#64
I'm not sure which part you think is my imagination but it doesn't change the fact that if this is the type of game and standards that people are actually happy with then I will not be content with the future of video games.

User Info: Saint-Boot

Saint-Boot
6 years ago#65
TC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
R.I.P Bill Roberts, 4:30 pm june 26th 2012. I love you and miss you dad!

User Info: Prismsblade

Prismsblade
6 years ago#66
guiltyslayer posted...
Stick wriggling QTE's? You do realize that's been present since the very first game right?

Except it was awful then, and it is now.
Its commonly known on Gamefaqs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
6 years ago#67
10. no arguments
9. inventory is no worse than any other RE. none of them do it 100% right. though i do miss weapon swapping.
8. agreed. Though i do like how each character has there own loadouts. makes playing as the different characters more inviting.
7. no argument. piers and jake however are some of the best characters in the series.
6. yes, these are annoying, but they show up extremely rarely and dont last too long(unless you fail them constantly). this is a nitpick, should not be a whole reason why this game sucks.
5. agreed.
4. Chris and Jakes storys were straight up the best in the game for me. Leon had a good start, but it kept going back and forth from good to bad all the way tot eh end. Atleast Chris' and to a lesser degree, jakes were atleast consistent with what they were trying to do.
3. All the RE's have this crap, only they didnt show you a prompt for it. you still had to wiggle the sticks and tap the buttons frantically to get enemies off you faster.
2. All RE's are "silly". every single one of them have there idiotic moments. RECV, RE4, 5 and 6 are just the worst offenders.
1. i really hate this argument. no, it doesnt feel like the old RE's of which there hasnt been an RE that captured that feel for over 10 years. The past is dead, live with it. Accept this game for what it is and not what you want it to be.
Currently playing: FTL - X-COM: EU - Resident Evil 6

User Info: orpheus_telos84

orpheus_telos84
6 years ago#68
Megiddo_Flare posted...
http://tinyurl.com/6swz7k5

Resident Evil 6: Tic-Tacs and Asthma Attacks
:::...PSN and Steam: extintion84...:::

User Info: schlaufuchsMIKE

schlaufuchsMIKE
6 years ago#69
guiltyslayer posted...
Stick wriggling QTE's? You do realize that's been present since the very first game right?

Well, since the first game went Director's Cut Dual Shock Ver. It started out more as d-pad mashing ;)
"This is America - none of us are supposed to be here." ~ Peter Hornberger, 30Rock
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Top 10 Reasons why Resident Evil 6 sucks
  • Topic Archived