• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Can we agree that RE5 graphics are better than RE6?

User Info: Loki90

Loki90
7 years ago#1
Can we agree that RE5 graphics are better than RE6? - Results (170 votes)
yes
56.47% (96 votes)
no
43.53% (74 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Overall, imo RE5 graphics are better than RE6, Sometimes the lighting in this game its just too weird, and theres some weird bright glow in the characters face, dont know exactly how to explain.

I think they might have done better for this game if they waited a bit longer to release it.

User Info: Cosmic_Coyote

Cosmic_Coyote
7 years ago#2
Lightning? yes is terrible in RE6

Overall graphics? no, RE6 is better in all ways

even if graphics and textures are VERY inconsistent in RE6 (some textures looks like PS2 or even PSX like while other parts are simply outstanding) ANYTHING is better than that stupid greenish filter that ruined RE5 otehrwise perfect graphics
"There is no knowledge that is not power"

User Info: P00had

P00had
7 years ago#3
That shot of the rainy building in the cemetery in Leon's Chapter 2 looks stupid with random white streaks over it.
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zg87ds.jpg

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
7 years ago#4
Its the same engine....why would it look better or worse.
They are practically the same.

User Info: N7Spectre707

N7Spectre707
7 years ago#5
Resident evil 5 had better textures in some places, but in other places RE6 had better textures. Some of the detail on the character models in RE6 are phenomenal. Guns, however, had better and cleaner detail in RE5.

I think overall Resident evil 5 looked better, but i dont see why it gets brought up so much, both games look great. Resident evil 6 has alot more going on, on-screen at once more often than resident evil 5 and has alot more content as well, my guess as to why graphics took a slight hit.
---
Your opinion is a valid and respectable expression of your own personal thoughts. You are a winner. Way to go.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
7 years ago#6
I see nothing in RE6 that proves that it is graphically superior to RE5. RE6's lightning is great, it does well setting the mood per campaign; per situation. However, each character model almost looks shiny and dated. The only sequence in the game where, I believe, the graphics really blossomed was during the 'crossover' with the Ustanak in China. The fire highlighted both the foreground and the background beautifully. I was really impressed.

What caught my eye in RE5 was the amount of detail in each character--from the Chris' buldging triceps to Wesker's mutated state in the volcano. I didn't really experience that when I played RE6. The badly rendered environments really took a toll on how I viewed the game--not as a whole, just aesthetically.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PS3), Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
PSN-ID: nintendofied

User Info: LeonPlisken

LeonPlisken
7 years ago#7
People keep making CoD complaints about RE6, but honestly... I'm going to make that complaint about RE5. I like RE6's dark lighting and look over all because it gives a more... Resident Evil feel, while RE5 used my mortal enemey... brown filter. I loathe the necessity to use brown filter in so many games, the world is far more colorful than this, why must we have games, THAT TAKE PLACE IN A GROUNDED REALITY, use such a subdued color pallet?
I enjoyed Hellgate, Deadly Premonition, Phantasy Star Universe, and many other "bad games."

User Info: Backbone44

Backbone44
7 years ago#8
Yeah they did a better job with resident evil 5, Some objects are pixelated like the hummer in leon's tutorial(where you heal helena). Take a closer look and you'll notice a clear difference.
Keep in mind that RE6 is a much larger game than RE5 was, the tradeoff is that it doesn't look as good in some spots.
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
7 years ago#10
chris1001 the sequel posted...
Keep in mind that RE6 is a much larger game than RE5 was, the tradeoff is that it doesn't look as good in some spots.

That's not a valid excuse. It was Capcom's choice to extend the game past RE5 that doesn't reserve them the right to slack off on the graphics.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PS3), Resident Evil 6 (PS3)
PSN-ID: nintendofied
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Can we agree that RE5 graphics are better than RE6?
  • Topic Archived