Rumor: Ninja Theory petitioning Capcom to reboot Onimusha?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Rumor: Ninja Theory petitioning Capcom to reboot Onimusha?

User Info: Pixx0

Pixx0
5 years ago#21
UnknownWin posted...
All Capcoms games get a free reboot by Ninja Thoery!!
Even Resident Evil and Mega Man... CAN'T WAIT.

that's sad, and maybe a sign of how low the franchise went, but I wouldn't midn a RE reboot, just to see what they can do about it.

User Info: sworder

sworder
5 years ago#22
I hope they do it. There's never gonna be another Onimusha by Capcom. Hopefully Capcom lets them use the same universe as the originals.

Onimusha is more NT's kind of game, they can definitely make a solid addition to the franchise.

User Info: TheOriginalMax

TheOriginalMax
5 years ago#23
sworder posted...
I hope they do it. There's never gonna be another Onimusha by Capcom. Hopefully Capcom lets them use the same universe as the originals.

Onimusha is more NT's kind of game, they can definitely make a solid addition to the franchise.

This is an interesting point of view. Would it really be better to get anything at all rather than nothing? "At least we get something" is a very common statement I hear. Is it really better to "at least get something"? Is that form of satisficing truly constructive? Now, to be fair, there hasn't been a new Onimusha this gen at all, so I presume it's safe to say the series is somewhat "dead". But I also find it a bit counter productive to basically just throw something in the mixer in hopes of it becoming at least something. Wouldn't the better option be to either get something you are more likely to like rather than something that's on questionable grounds the moment any information about it is made public?

But yes, I will concede with the Onimusha franchise having receding sales after every title(which actually begs to question the business decisions with DmC), so I guess there's no other option business-wise. There are still safer bets than a studio that practically created a media nightmare, though. IMO NT hasn't really shown to be worthy of handling old series, and would in my opinion be better off doing their own thing.
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.

User Info: Kyrylo

Kyrylo
5 years ago#24
No! They claimed thy are not japans, so how can they ever hope do good game about japanese samurais?

User Info: Pesmerga255

Pesmerga255
5 years ago#25
Kyrylo posted...
No! They claimed thy are not japans, so how can they ever hope do good game about japanese samurais?

They'll set it in New York and make it about a group of soldiers.
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!

User Info: babyjocster

babyjocster
5 years ago#26
If anyone is to work on ANY action game "for" Capcom, it should be Platinum Games, & Platinum Games alone, IMO.
PSN: jarquel
LIVE: JocDaKid

User Info: Pesmerga255

Pesmerga255
5 years ago#27
babyjocster posted...
If anyone is to work on ANY action game "for" Capcom, it should be Platinum Games, & Platinum Games alone, IMO.

Surely you mean Treyarch.
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!

User Info: RichterB17

RichterB17
5 years ago#28
Man... is this what Ninja Theory will do for now on? Reboot old Capcom games? What's next Strider?
"The shadows betray you because they belong to me!" - Bane

User Info: Kyrylo

Kyrylo
5 years ago#29
RichterB17 posted...
Man... is this what Ninja Theory will do for now on? Reboot old Capcom games? What's next Strider?

Well, they obviously ran out own ideas

User Info: UnknownWin

UnknownWin
5 years ago#30
Pixx0 posted...
UnknownWin posted...
All Capcoms games get a free reboot by Ninja Thoery!!
Even Resident Evil and Mega Man... CAN'T WAIT.

that's sad, and maybe a sign of how low the franchise went, but I wouldn't midn a RE reboot, just to see what they can do about it.

Hey bro i got leaked info for Resident Evil reboot =D

The title:
rE: Resident Evil

Characters:

Leon with black hair
Jill became the the United States president
Barry is Albert Wesker father
Chris is a teen girl
Ashly is Chris's partner
Claire as Wesker's wife
Jake is gay
Ada changed her sex
Wesker and his wife are the main villains

btw the game is FPS. It'll be a stealth game but feels like a horror game.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Rumor: Ninja Theory petitioning Capcom to reboot Onimusha?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived