One thing I need to know before I commit to getting this

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. One thing I need to know before I commit to getting this

User Info: hoagie727

hoagie727
5 years ago#1
Have they announced whether you will be able to switch to other Angel, Demon, and firearm weapons in mid combat using the D-Pad?

It seems it may be possible when looking at the controller config.

If this is the case then it will open up combat a lot more.

I like the combat now but based off the demo it is way easier to do things that only harcore people could do in the past.

That may be why some hate it so much. Because their ego is threatened.

I think the above system, if implemented, would ease some of these concerns because it is not easy to string together awesome combos while constanstly hitting the d-pad.

User Info: DarkJaydragon

DarkJaydragon
5 years ago#2
Yeah they confirmed a while ago that you will have all weapons at all times throughout the game and can switch on the fly like DMC 4.
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.

User Info: Kyrylo

Kyrylo
5 years ago#3
no, it's not possibly since you need hold A/D buttons to pull an attack.

User Info: UnknownWin

UnknownWin
5 years ago#4
Holding L2/R2 For angel/demons weapons and the lock-on system is the worst thing about the gameplay, The rest is OK to be honest.

User Info: pyro_bunta

pyro_bunta
5 years ago#5
Yeah, you don't toggle between weapons. You HOLD the trigger buttons while attacking to use that weapon.
...if you know what I mean

hoagie727
5 years ago#6
Unknown,

I hated holding the triggers to modify attacks at first also.

However once I got used to it then it grew on me.

I still wish it was the old way but I no longer hate it.

User Info: DiaNim

DiaNim
5 years ago#7
You can toggle between weapons with the Dpad, but I'm not sure if you can do it midcombat. Maybe if someone has good reflexes and can press the buttons at the right time XD I'll let you know for sure when the game comes out.
Always smile : )
Currently reading: "The Count of Monte Cristo"

hoagie727
5 years ago#8
Pyro,

My point is in the full game I think you can toggle weapons on the fly using the d-pad.

If this is true I think it will allow for far more creative combos if people can get used to switching using the d-pad in mid combo.

The Super Dante pros from DMC4 can do it switching styles on the fly.

User Info: DarkJaydragon

DarkJaydragon
5 years ago#9
You can do it, like I already said, they confirmed it in on of the videos ages ago at one of their live playthroughs.
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.

User Info: DiaNim

DiaNim
5 years ago#10
http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/328689162

Start around 5:45. Should have the answer for you : )
Always smile : )
Currently reading: "The Count of Monte Cristo"
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. One thing I need to know before I commit to getting this

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived