I dont see the hate on the new dmc

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. I dont see the hate on the new dmc

User Info: ShadowBoyZX

ShadowBoyZX
5 years ago#11
Dude wtf are you talking about? I'll be the first to say DMC4 wasn't my favorite but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Nero was an interesting character and while the story could've been better, it made much more sense than 2 and was deeper than 1. You don't like the music in the originals and hate 4 with some sort of blind passion when the battle theme in here is a muddled remix of the one in 4. Of course then you later say that it's "still just as obnoxious" Hmmm makes sense.

Then you rag on Dante, calling him a douche when the only time he showed signs of douchery is back in the first half of DMC3 when he was much younger. Now this guy...by that I mean new Dante is a douche in every sense of the word. Finally, you say DMC will and never had been about the dialouge. While the gameplay is certainly the main aspect of it, how do you think Dante got such a following? Just look at how much hate DMC2 got. A lot of it is because of how poorly Dante was portrayed.

So let me understand, you're a fan soley for the gameplay? There's nothing wrong with that, just wondering because you don't seem to really care about anything else.
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor

User Info: VoicelessAmber

VoicelessAmber
5 years ago#12
a lot of people are just still bitter about having no more DMC1-3-4 Dante and not having the series continue after DMC4. Like, they probably wanted to know stuff such as...

- If Nero is either Vergil's son or the reicarnation of Sparda

- See whether Mundus would return and give Dante the fight of his life

- (if DMC2 is canon), find out what happened to Dante that could have turned him stoic, quiet and completely serious. Did Mundus kill Trish for good this time in front of Dante? Did Mundus revive Vergil again to fight Dante in a life or death battle? Or was he forced to choose in a traumatic situation? We may never know

- Just wanted another DMC with sarcastic, demon taunting, showoff-prone, stylish and platinum haired Dante as the main hero

User Info: KaijinSurohm

KaijinSurohm
5 years ago#13
Big_Boss1432 posted...

Sorry but I don't think you've played a game, if you think DMC 4 is an acceptable game after playing 3, I don't think you're a true fan. Lock on the older one always hindered combos, I locked for a second, did the special move, Jumped then switched to a different enemy with either a different gun or weapon and continued with out lock on. Dante was not quick witted! He was just a douche. How is saying "party time!" "Gotta LOVE family reunions" or any of his god awful one liners quick witted haha it was just douchey (which he still is, but hey, thats why we love him). DMC will and never has been about the dialogue. The music in DMC has always been meh. Its still cheesy ass metal, but hey, now they added dubstep SO NOW ITS BAD(not really). Its still just as obnoxious haha This game is no where near as bad as DMC 2 or 4

"don't think you've played a game, if you think DMC 4 is an acceptable game"
Wow, dumbest statement I've heard yet. The fact that you really havn't even said WHY it's a "bad" game is sad in itself. The most people have to say as to why DMC4 was bad was "Back tracking Levels", "Gloria" and "Nero". That's it. Go ahead, tell me otherwise. It should humor me.

"I don't think you're a true fan"
This is getting even better. No, a true "fan" of the series would have been sick to their stomachs to have a company like Ninja Theory touch this game, with such a piss poor game record. You, sir, are just another pathetic sheeple that will throw money at a label. The fact that you enjoyed the game, and now grilling me on my opinion tells me everything about this in itself.

Lock-on
The lockon was a system designed to assist you in targeting out a specific enemy you were attacking. If you didn't care about who you hit, that didn't matter. If you went in a crowd, and didn't want to switch out, you hit lockon till you were done. You didn't need to lock on to everything, and if you did, your gaming skills are in serious questioning.

Quick Wit
"Party time" was what he said when you activated a style, and not a counter to someone speaking. You may wish to double check your definitions of what "Quick Wit" is, which clearly, you don't have a grasp of. The line of "Family Reunion" was him laughing to himself as to how violent his brother is and how in depth their father's legacy was, and the fact it was still effecting them. But since you seem to lack the grasp of sarcasm, I won't bother going into further detail on that.

Why he was loved
First off, "Douchey" wasn't part of it. Dante never really was a douche. He was a hard ass, yes, he also had style, was -sarcastic-, and made the job look incredibly easy. Go back and play Devil May Cry 1, and pay attention to the story and dialogue, and learn why people loved him. You know, between smart mouthing a huge flaming scorpion, and walking away after a sword impaled him completely.

The music
Dub-step is stupid. Period. All it is, is people playing someone else's music, and having a seizure on the ambiance and bass controls. If you enjoy it, go back to your My Little Ponies marathon, and stop playing a mature game, since it's clearly out of your mental capabilities.

Overall, though, Devil May Cry 2, and 4, were considerably better then this pile.

Now I'm done. Say what you want, since I've now lost interest in your reply.

User Info: Big_Boss1432

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#14
ShadowBoyZX posted...
Dude wtf are you talking about? I'll be the first to say DMC4 wasn't my favorite but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Nero was an interesting character and while the story could've been better, it made much more sense than 2 and was deeper than 1. You don't like the music in the originals and hate 4 with some sort of blind passion when the battle theme in here is a muddled remix of the one in 4. Of course then you later say that it's "still just as obnoxious" Hmmm makes sense.

Then you rag on Dante, calling him a douche when the only time he showed signs of douchery is back in the first half of DMC3 when he was much younger. Now this guy...by that I mean new Dante is a douche in every sense of the word. Finally, you say DMC will and never had been about the dialouge. While the gameplay is certainly the main aspect of it, how do you think Dante got such a following? Just look at how much hate DMC2 got. A lot of it is because of how poorly Dante was portrayed.

So let me understand, you're a fan soley for the gameplay? There's nothing wrong with that, just wondering because you don't seem to really care about anything else.

Honestly, yeah. In 1 he a meh char, it was a rough draftish game so I let it slide (wasn't that big of a douche, just corny); in 2 he was god awful (began becoming a douche), in 3 he was perfect (they actually gave him are a character and I cared about him) and 4 they just pooped on him. There nothing wrong with him being a douche, in fact I enjoy it. But people make it seem like he's even worse in DMC than he was before, which he really isn't. They make it seem like he's a genuis with lots a character, when really, he just that badass who busts in with two guns and says the one liners that put a smile on your face and make you think " Oh, dante you douche ;)". 1 and 3 were the only ones the a pretty intriguing plot. I love DMC with a passion, but saying he isn't a douche is just funny to me haha
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#15
@KaijinSurohm posted

You're over analyzing dante. SOOO much. Its not even funny. He just a BAMF with a sword and 2 guns who says the douchiest things that puts smiles on our faces. 4 and 2 were not better than this pile what-so-ever. As I've said before I apologize about the True fan statement.
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.

User Info: Strelok

Strelok
5 years ago#16
If you are a fan solely for the gameplay than I have no choice but to put questionmarks in liking this serious downgrade :s
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#17
Strelok posted...
If you are a fan solely for the gameplay than I have no choice but to put questionmarks in liking this serious downgrade :s

4 was a serious downgrade. They'll never top 3. Nuff said. That is how I got over it.

User Info: strikefreedom47

strikefreedom47
5 years ago#18
Are you saying the inclusion of on-the-fly style switching was a downgrade? Which I believe allowed so many possibilities for comboing it's ridiculous?
I don't post on message boards as much anymore... Oh well..
(message deleted)

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#20
strikefreedom47 posted...
Are you saying the inclusion of on-the-fly style switching was a downgrade? Which I believe allowed so many possibilities for comboing it's ridiculous?

Ehh I didnt find it as fun or awesome as 3. Thats just me though.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. I dont see the hate on the new dmc

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived