Honest demo review from a "Hater"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Honest demo review from a "Hater"

User Info: sweetbrother

sweetbrother
5 years ago#1
So I hated this game from the first trailer blah blah blah

But now when I think back, the very 1st trailer looked more interesting then what It is now.

Ill keep it short.

Visuals: Its nice, yes. I like the way the city moves around like inception. The colours are put to good use for once. In the previous dmc's they were a bit dull.

Gameplay:Its entertaining yeah. I dont like the circle button to lift enemies and no lock is just.....childish? So your basically just button mashing, which is fun......for a while.

The plat-forming is better what NT have done. Old dmcs plat-forming was awkward most of the time with its resident evil style camera.

Acting/Soundtrack: I cringed when dante slapped the drink outta the guys hand & when he and the boss were saying F**K YOU like 5 times - this is just lame and for 10yr olds. Soundtrack = forgettable.
psn: sweetbrother

sweetbrother
5 years ago#2
In conclusion: I have played all dmcs. This would be fun to play for a bit I guess but the game is like..........so what? Its like the game is so 10 yrs ago. Theres nothing new in mechanics, Its not even taking it to the next level with the next gen hardware. So its like........so what?

What's the big deal about this game? Could've easily come out on ps2. The character designs are like so what, you see people walking down the street that look like these people. I just do not see what the big deal is about this game. Sorry

User Info: _tanjil_

_tanjil_
5 years ago#3
well there's a reason for slapping the drink outta the guys hand, it's "poison" rather a mind control agent

sweetbrother
5 years ago#4
_tanjil_ posted...
well there's a reason for slapping the drink outta the guys hand, it's "poison" rather a mind control agent

yes I know. Do you have anything to say about the game

User Info: _Uwye_

_Uwye_
5 years ago#5
It's still a stupid moment. One less drink won't make a whole lot of difference even if it's not good for his health and it's entirely possible that he'll simply get another one immediately. It seems like Dante being a jerk under the pretense that he's helping him.

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
5 years ago#6
_Uwye_ posted...
It's still a stupid moment. One less drink won't make a whole lot of difference even if it's not good for his health and it's entirely possible that he'll simply get another one immediately. It seems like Dante being a jerk under the pretense that he's helping him.

Not to mention this Donte is portrayed as a hedonist. Seems pretty hypocritical to be telling other people what to and not not indulge in...
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth

sweetbrother
5 years ago#7
lol its always on gamefaqs where the topic goes off tangent

User Info: titaniummouse

titaniummouse
5 years ago#8
I am a DMC fan and to be honest I thought a reboot of the franchise was a good idea in theory. But to be honest, I was underwhelmed by the demo.

Graphics: Not horrible, but not great.
Control: Snug but too many butron combinations and a horrible auto lock on.
Music: Pumping, I'd buy a soundtrack.
Gameplay: Enjoyable if you like button mashers. Which I don't.

Overall: Ehhhh, I'll wait for the new Metal Gear, it feels like DMC done properly.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Honest demo review from a "Hater"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived