No Lock On, No Buy!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. No Lock On, No Buy!

User Info: BossSnake

BossSnake
5 years ago#41
Big_Boss1432 posted...
One of the main reasons this gen of gaming sucks. "Wait, and you'll get the complete game; buy now AND BE JEWED!"

XD Sad but very true. Buy the game on release day few months later SUPER GAME OF THE YEAR MEGA DEMON KILLING SUPER STYLE EDITION!!!
"i'm no hero. never was. never will be. i'm just an old killer. hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake METAL GEAR SOLID 4

User Info: Big_Boss1432

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#42
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
One of the main reasons this gen of gaming sucks. "Wait, and you'll get the complete game; buy now AND BE JEWED!"

XD Sad but very true. Buy the game on release day few months later SUPER GAME OF THE YEAR MEGA DEMON KILLING SUPER STYLE EDITION!!!

Well at least Konami keeps it legit with their games. I'm praying they don't jew us on ground zeroes. I have too much respect for konami and hideo.
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.

BossSnake
5 years ago#43
Big_Boss1432 posted...
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...

Well at least Konami keeps it legit with their games. I'm praying they don't jew us on ground zeroes. I have too much respect for konami and hideo.

Come on there not a thing to worry about for ground zeroes is gonna be freaking amazing.
"i'm no hero. never was. never will be. i'm just an old killer. hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake METAL GEAR SOLID 4

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#44
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...

Come on there not a thing to worry about for ground zeroes is gonna be freaking amazing.

I KNOWWW!!! The trailer was beautiful and just beyond badass! So pumped for it! I dont know if I should get GZ, The last of us, ninokuni, or bioshock! Theres too many games next year I want! Quick question: Was that kid in the cage snake? Cause in the preview freddy kruger said "You're a soldier now kid." I know SS was raised as a child to be a soldier and it seems like he would be about that age during that year.
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.

BossSnake
5 years ago#45
Big_Boss1432 posted...
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...

I KNOWWW!!! The trailer was beautiful and just beyond badass! So pumped for it! I dont know if I should get GZ, The last of us, ninokuni, or bioshock! Theres too many games next year I want! Quick question: Was that kid in the cage snake? Cause in the preview freddy kruger said "You're a soldier now kid." I know SS was raised as a child to be a soldier and it seems like he would be about that age during that year.

Your guess is as good as mine dude. I do believe Snake will have some role in ground zeroes and XD Freddy Kruger.

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#46
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/681794-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes/images/gs_screen-8
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100714182219/metalgear/images/a/a3/Young_Snake.jpg

Loks at those pics! Theres no way its not him! Who know maybe hideo will pull one of his cheeky stunts that mind blow us all though!

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
5 years ago#47
JohnStrider posted...
Yeah, now you just have to keep holding two different buttons...

Only when you want to switch, you're not required to hold it all the time. Nice try.

BossSnake posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
It's like none of you played something like God of War. No lock on isn't an issue at all in this. If anything it makes it more comfortable to play since you don't have to hold a button.

I have played and beaten every God of War and those games don't come close to the brilliant combat in the DMC series. God of War does not need a lock on DMC on the other hand DOES. Many moves can not even be done in DMC without locking on first such as high time and the stinger. Which is why attacks like high time are map to a single button now cause they removed lock on. I believe this was done on purpose to show they are different from the past series when it just causes headaches.

As already stated without the lock on you will be hit by a enemy outside the camera's view and have no idea it was coming to ruin your combo. In this game case how they have a strong play on the whip juggle stuff it makes it a roll of the dice of who you will grab when you preform said move. Lock on would of prevented this.

DMC obviously doesn't need lock on because this one doesn't have it and it plays just fine. And anyway, you still get hit off screen even with lock on. Getting hit off screen doesn't deal with lock on, it deals with game programming. Ninja Gaiden you will get hit all day off screen. God of War, if you manipulate enemies off screen they will not attack you, (at least that's how it was in 3, been a while since I played 1 or 2). Both games don't have lock on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/

User Info: AhrimanTheStill

AhrimanTheStill
5 years ago#48
SSJ_Jin posted...
JohnStrider posted...

Only when you want to switch, you're not required to hold it all the time. Nice try.

BossSnake posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
It's like none of you played something like God of War. No lock on isn't an issue at all in this. If anything it makes it more comfortable to play since you don't have to hold a button.

I have played and beaten every God of War and those games don't come close to the brilliant combat in the DMC series. God of War does not need a lock on DMC on the other hand DOES. Many moves can not even be done in DMC without locking on first such as high time and the stinger. Which is why attacks like high time are map to a single button now cause they removed lock on. I believe this was done on purpose to show they are different from the past series when it just causes headaches.

As already stated without the lock on you will be hit by a enemy outside the camera's view and have no idea it was coming to ruin your combo. In this game case how they have a strong play on the whip juggle stuff it makes it a roll of the dice of who you will grab when you preform said move. Lock on would of prevented this.

DMC obviously doesn't need lock on because this one doesn't have it and it plays just fine. And anyway, you still get hit off screen even with lock on. Getting hit off screen doesn't deal with lock on, it deals with game programming. Ninja Gaiden you will get hit all day off screen. God of War, if you manipulate enemies off screen they will not attack you, (at least that's how it was in 3, been a while since I played 1 or 2). Both games don't have lock on.

Yeah no the controls are awkward and the lack of lock on hurts the game especially against huge groups. The boss battle was also boring. Like a crappy Cerberus with a platforming gimmick.
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
5 years ago#49
AhrimanTheStill posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
JohnStrider posted...

BossSnake posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...

Yeah no the controls are awkward and the lack of lock on hurts the game especially against huge groups. The boss battle was also boring. Like a crappy Cerberus with a platforming gimmick.

Yeah no the controls are fine and the lack of lock on doesn't hurt the gameplay. You just need to get better. That simple really.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#50
SSj jin; lemme get you some pizza. I think people are just mad cause they aren't as good at this game as they use to be. THANK YOU.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. No Lock On, No Buy!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived