No Lock On, No Buy!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. No Lock On, No Buy!

User Info: BossSnake

BossSnake
5 years ago#31
Big_Boss1432 posted...
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
BossSnake posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
It's like none of you played something like God of War. No lock on isn't an issue at all in this. If anything it makes it more comfortable to play since you don't have to hold a button.

I have played and beaten every God of War and those games don't come close to the brilliant combat in the DMC series. God of War does not need a lock on DMC on the other hand DOES. Many moves can not even be done in DMC without locking on first such as high time and the stinger. Which is why attacks like high time are map to a single button now cause they removed lock on. I believe this was done on purpose to show they are different from the past series when it just causes headaches.

As already stated without the lock on you will be hit by a enemy outside the camera's view and have no idea it was coming to ruin your combo. In this game case how they have a strong play on the whip juggle stuff it makes it a roll of the dice of who you will grab when you preform said move. Lock on would of prevented this.

But those lock-ons in the old ones were for like one secong haha I was constantly switching enemies in DMC (Old ones that is), the whip just makes it easier.

Depends on your play style really. I always found myself switching from lock on to none depending on the enemies and how many I was dealing with. Lock on was great for boss battles as I could keep track of where it/he/she was. DmC boss battles I doubt will put up much of a fight in this one as the one in the demo is a push over even on son of sparda but I hope to be proven wrong as DMC boss battles have always been a high point in the past.

Im sorry, DMC3 is just my fav I probably beat that one 20 times then got special editon and beat it even more, DMC1 I beat like 10, 2 like 5 and 4 went in the garbage. 3 is the pinnacle of the series and will never be topped. But this is a new game and I really enjoyed it. In all of them I always switched enemies because lock always held you down, even in boss battles (especially in 3). I just find the whip a pretty easy cop-out to not use lose your combo because you keep holding on to r1.

DMC3 is also my fav in the series but that aside no one who speaking of the lock on is coping out. I know for a fact it messes up my combo just a moment ago I was paying I was looking right at a red demon enemy and used the correct whip to grab him yet I get a slug one allowing him to light up the ground just as I dash away trying to avoid it. Now sure I could of try to react quicker with my dodge but if I had lock on this would of never happened.
"i'm no hero. never was. never will be. i'm just an old killer. hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake METAL GEAR SOLID 4

User Info: Big_Boss1432

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#32
^ exactly, more of a challenge. DMC3 is hands down one of the hardest games Ive ever played. That game is unforgiving. You actually have to learn to dodge in this one instead of just attacking them first ( I was always on sword master). I mean you did have to dodge ALOT in DMC3, but you could almost always beat them to the punch, which isn't bad, but makes the gameplay a bit too simple.
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.

BossSnake
5 years ago#33
Big_Boss1432 posted...
^ exactly, more of a challenge. DMC3 is hands down one of the hardest games Ive ever played. That game is unforgiving. You actually have to learn to dodge in this one instead of just attacking them first ( I was always on sword master). I mean you did have to dodge ALOT in DMC3, but you could almost always beat them to the punch, which isn't bad, but makes the gameplay a bit too simple.

Yes DMC3 was very hard speaking from someone who beat it on dante must die which is freaking insane lol. One thing you forgetting if you got hit in DMC3 it was YOUR fault not something the game did wrong. This game I had no control over which enemy I grabbed just a coin toss really and I got the wrong one which resulted in my combo being broken. Trust me I love a good challenge but when the enemy I am facing is the actually game flaw and not one of my own it just stupid.
"i'm no hero. never was. never will be. i'm just an old killer. hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake METAL GEAR SOLID 4

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#34
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...

Yes DMC3 was very hard speaking from someone who beat it on dante must die which is freaking insane lol. One thing you forgetting if you got hit in DMC3 it was YOUR fault not something the game did wrong. This game I had no control over which enemy I grabbed just a coin toss really and I got the wrong one which resulted in my combo being broken. Trust me I love a good challenge but when the enemy I am facing is the actually game flaw and not one of my own it just stupid.

Love how two MGS fans are discussing and love the same game lol Idk, the gamble factor makes it that much more to fun to me. In DMC3 if I was about to get hit I would just pull out the rebellion and then the demon would lose his scythe or sword and I was like "HELL YEAH" and this one I was just pulling people did a quicky transition to fighting on the ground on a different guy, aired combo'd him and finished him then pulled the same guy I pulled earlier and finished him off and I was like "BOSS." I honestly don't know which feel I like better haha except maybe this one
http://img3.ranker.com/list_img/2513/528992/full/the-very-best-of-the-and-quot-that-feel-and-quot-meme.jpg?version=1337636775000
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.

BossSnake
5 years ago#35
Big_Boss1432 posted...
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...

Love how two MGS fans are discussing and love the same game lol Idk, the gamble factor makes it that much more to fun to me. In DMC3 if I was about to get hit I would just pull out the rebellion and then the demon would lose his scythe or sword and I was like "HELL YEAH" and this one I was just pulling people did a quicky transition to fighting on the ground on a different guy, aired combo'd him and finished him then pulled the same guy I pulled earlier and finished him off and I was like "BOSS." I honestly don't know which feel I like better haha except maybe this one
http://img3.ranker.com/list_img/2513/528992/full/the-very-best-of-the-and-quot-that-feel-and-quot-meme.jpg?version=1337636775000

Lol I know what you mean believe it or not you can actually still have a normal discussion on gamefaqs crazy right? The lock on annoys me but it does not effect that I indeed did have fun with the game and will be picking it up. Many things I like and some things I dislike but really no game perfect...wait..never mind DMC3 perfect lol.

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#36
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...

Lol I know what you mean believe it or not you can actually still have a normal discussion on gamefaqs crazy right? The lock on annoys me but it does not effect that I indeed did have fun with the game and will be picking it up. Many things I like and some things I dislike but really no game perfect...wait..never mind DMC3 perfect lol.

Thank you. Dante's still the same king douche haha The gameplay is still fun and the music is still catchy. After I realized no Hack n Slash will top DMC3, NG1, or No more Heroes 2, I enjoyed alot more Hack n Slashes. And having a normal discussion on Gamefaqs is very rare, but I do love it when it happens haha

BossSnake
5 years ago#37
Lol its a rare breed alright great when it happens. After playing NG3 every hack n slash looks better to me XD.

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#38
BossSnake posted...
Lol its a rare breed alright great when it happens. After playing NG3 every hack n slash looks better to me XD.

Exactly. That is an unforgivable sequel. It was easy. No NG in history has ever heard the word easy. Not even the NES ones hahaha

BossSnake
5 years ago#39
Big_Boss1432 posted...
BossSnake posted...

Exactly. That is an unforgivable sequel. It was easy. No NG in history has ever heard the word easy. Not even the NES ones hahaha

Oh the days of cursing at eagle's as they came off screen knocking me to my pit of doom as I screamed at my tv lol. Yea NG3 was just BS and the fact they 'fixed' it on the Wii U and the ones like us who paid 60 bucks for the damn beta get nothing but the empty shell of a man they made out of poor Ryu..

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#40
One of the main reasons this gen of gaming sucks. "Wait, and you'll get the complete game; buy now AND BE JEWED!"
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. No Lock On, No Buy!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived