No Lock On, No Buy!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. No Lock On, No Buy!

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
5 years ago#21
It's like none of you played something like God of War. No lock on isn't an issue at all in this. If anything it makes it more comfortable to play since you don't have to hold a button.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/

User Info: JohnStrider

JohnStrider
5 years ago#22
Yeah, now you just have to keep holding two different buttons...
Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could imagine...

User Info: Big_Boss1432

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#23
Didnt locking on ruin your combos in the old ones anyway? I remember I couldnt get passed double SS in 1 or 3 because of locking on. I always thought locking on was kinda of a nooby thing to do in hack n slashes anyway, unless its no more heroes.
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.

User Info: BossSnake

BossSnake
5 years ago#24
SSJ_Jin posted...
It's like none of you played something like God of War. No lock on isn't an issue at all in this. If anything it makes it more comfortable to play since you don't have to hold a button.

I have played and beaten every God of War and those games don't come close to the brilliant combat in the DMC series. God of War does not need a lock on DMC on the other hand DOES. Many moves can not even be done in DMC without locking on first such as high time and the stinger. Which is why attacks like high time are map to a single button now cause they removed lock on. I believe this was done on purpose to show they are different from the past series when it just causes headaches.

As already stated without the lock on you will be hit by a enemy outside the camera's view and have no idea it was coming to ruin your combo. In this game case how they have a strong play on the whip juggle stuff it makes it a roll of the dice of who you will grab when you preform said move. Lock on would of prevented this.
"i'm no hero. never was. never will be. i'm just an old killer. hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake METAL GEAR SOLID 4

User Info: Malus_X6

Malus_X6
5 years ago#25
The only reason God of War doesn't need much of a lock on is because he destroys everything in sight anyway. Geez, look at just his combos for the chain blades. Crazy AoE action going on there.
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#26
BossSnake posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...

I have played and beaten every God of War and those games don't come close to the brilliant combat in the DMC series. God of War does not need a lock on DMC on the other hand DOES. Many moves can not even be done in DMC without locking on first such as high time and the stinger. Which is why attacks like high time are map to a single button now cause they removed lock on. I believe this was done on purpose to show they are different from the past series when it just causes headaches.

As already stated without the lock on you will be hit by a enemy outside the camera's view and have no idea it was coming to ruin your combo. In this game case how they have a strong play on the whip juggle stuff it makes it a roll of the dice of who you will grab when you preform said move. Lock on would of prevented this.

But those lock-ons in the old ones were for like one secong haha I was constantly switching enemies in DMC (Old ones that is), the whip just makes it easier.
If this game wasn't gonna be sick; then I wouldn't be posting on this board, guy. Long story short.... THIS. GAME. IS. GONNA. BE. sick.

User Info: pigboy

pigboy
5 years ago#27
Malus_X6 posted...
The only reason God of War doesn't need much of a lock on is because he destroys everything in sight anyway. Geez, look at just his combos for the chain blades. Crazy AoE action going on there.

Right, plus GoW 's game mechanic is never as technical as Devil May Cry. Plus GoW got a very stable frame rate & hack a lot better camera angel.

User Info: BossSnake

BossSnake
5 years ago#28
Big_Boss1432 posted...
BossSnake posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...

But those lock-ons in the old ones were for like one secong haha I was constantly switching enemies in DMC (Old ones that is), the whip just makes it easier.

Depends on your play style really. I always found myself switching from lock on to none depending on the enemies and how many I was dealing with. Lock on was great for boss battles as I could keep track of where it/he/she was. DmC boss battles I doubt will put up much of a fight in this one as the one in the demo is a push over even on son of sparda but I hope to be proven wrong as DMC boss battles have always been a high point in the past.
"i'm no hero. never was. never will be. i'm just an old killer. hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake METAL GEAR SOLID 4

User Info: ShadowBoyZX

ShadowBoyZX
5 years ago#29
doraemonllh1989 posted...
ShadowBoyZX posted...
It's weird, I noticed it was missing but since I barely used it in the old games it didn't come off as that big of a deal to me. People seem more pissed about that though than the combat being dull lol.

the combat is no different than previous dmc games in term of dullness

not to mention its a demo,im sure theres alot of thing you can buy anyway

Well in the old DMC the combat wasn't dull, here it is lol. As for the upgrades making it better....I wish you the best and I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything. Ignoring the story/dialouge since I had way more problems with them than the combat, it's not particularly bad. Just feels like it's lacking.
2012's Undisputed Badass: Scizor

Big_Boss1432
5 years ago#30
BossSnake posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
BossSnake posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...

Depends on your play style really. I always found myself switching from lock on to none depending on the enemies and how many I was dealing with. Lock on was great for boss battles as I could keep track of where it/he/she was. DmC boss battles I doubt will put up much of a fight in this one as the one in the demo is a push over even on son of sparda but I hope to be proven wrong as DMC boss battles have always been a high point in the past.

Im sorry, DMC3 is just my fav I probably beat that one 20 times then got special editon and beat it even more, DMC1 I beat like 10, 2 like 5 and 4 went in the garbage. 3 is the pinnacle of the series and will never be topped. But this is a new game and I really enjoyed it. In all of them I always switched enemies because lock always held you down, even in boss battles (especially in 3). I just find the whip a pretty easy cop-out to not use lose your combo because you keep holding on to r1.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. No Lock On, No Buy!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived