• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. TRON: Evolution
  3. psp version more rare, and codes, and game help

User Info: jatsetjay

jatsetjay
9 years ago#11
Unplayer88, the PSP version doesn't seem to really have a story. It's arena games. There are tiny still image cut scenes between the levels of competition but they just say you're moving to the next level really.

User Info: Rapaleeman

Rapaleeman
9 years ago#12
As jat said. There is a brief intro with Flynn and Tron introducing some dude named Beta that yo play as but other than that there is zero story.

I didn't beat the game. Got bored with the rubberbanding and really loose feeling controls but I would assume there is a cutscene at the end that wraps up nothing. The only version of the Tron games that seems to have a story is the PS3/Xbox 360 ones and even those only reveal a few minor subplots to the overall universe.
"Jazz to Moonbase 2! Jazz to Moonbase 2!"
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

User Info: Captain_Japan

Captain_Japan
9 years ago#13
I asked about the codes on Supervillain's website and they said that Disney hasn't yet released the codes and that they might be waiting for after the movie is released to do so. They also suggested to try words or phrases in the Tron universe but so far I haven't found any that worked.

User Info: ZeroBinary

ZeroBinary
9 years ago#14
Captain Japan said, " I asked about the codes on Supervillain's website and they said that Disney hasn't yet released the codes and that they might be waiting for after the movie is released to do so. They also suggested to try words or phrases in the Tron universe but so far I haven't found any that worked. "

Well, that's Disney for you.. although for the life of me I can't figure out why the hell they would even have an area under the Options from the main menu of the game where you can enter codes into if they weren't thinking of releasing it or having it readily available to the general public.

@ Captain Japan, Supervillian aren't the ones who made the PSP version, Propaganda Games are the ones who did and released it for Disney Interactive Studios. Maybe you should try asking over at Propaganda Games what the codes are for the PSP version.

Supervillian Studios is just a way point, like a distributor / publisher for Disney Interactive, and had no part in making the game.

Here is Propaganda Games website, see if you can try to get in contact with them: http://propagandagames.go.com/index.html

Believe me, I have tried doing the same thing you have using character names from both Tron movies, and certain phrases as well, and nothing worked. Those damn light cycle races are the hardest, and give you very limited turbo boost at the start of any race which makes it really frustrating to hold first place for too long before your A.I. opponents cheap you by taking all available power ups and your place on the tracks from you.

I found that you don't really need to even compete in the light cycle races, and can pretty much move on into the next set of tournament events if you have collected enough qualifying points to do so.

User Info: Captain_Japan

Captain_Japan
9 years ago#15
Actually, Supervillain did develop this game. Propaganda Games developed the PS3 and 360 version, and n-Space developed the one for the Wii. It's rare that one developer would ever create all the multi-platform versions.

And you don't have to finish all the events to go onto the the next tier, but to unlock certain things, you have to complete certain events.

User Info: llaukas

llaukas
9 years ago#16
Hey raphaelblaze! You said you completed the game, can you sand me the save files please?

llaukas@gmail.com

Thanks very much :)

User Info: ZeroBinary

ZeroBinary
9 years ago#17
@ Captain Japan, I stand corrected you are right Supervillian Studios did develop the PSP version, and Propaganda Games did the PS3 and XBox 360 versions. I was beforehand under the belief that Propaganda Games did all three versions for the two consoles and the handheld, since they work pretty closely with Disney Interactive Studios, but you are right.

@ llaukas, I too have completed the game and the last round is a set of Elimination events against you, Tron, and CLU. In one elimination event, if you defeat CLU in the Light Tank battle you unlock Flynn's Light Cycle which he himself tells you outperforms all the rest of the cycles on the grid. I was lucky enough to unlock Flynn's Light Cycle and finished the game.

I also noticed that you can unlock CLU as a playable character, I picked up half of the unlock for CLU in the second round when playing the Light Tank battle event. I only need the other half as there are two parts to unlock CLU. He can be rather tough to beat.

I wonder what other Unlocks there are. It would be cool if you could unlock TRON as a playable character, or even Quorra as a secret unlockable character.

The game itself is rather a short play, but challenging none the less, and the unlockables add extra replay value to the game.

User Info: mikekop0

mikekop0
9 years ago#18
From what i got, there's also a 'sentry' and a 'tron' character to unlock for use in quick play and multiplayer. Also a new map to unlock for quick play and multiplayer, called something like 'vs light cycle grid', might be battle grid though, can't remember which...

User Info: DOAsaturn

DOAsaturn
9 years ago#19
Picked this one up for Christmas travel based on some relatively loose word of mouth floating around the internet that it was fairly fun.

I'd say that while I'm not overly impressed, the game isn't BORING and held my attention for a near four hour flight (played a couple other games in that time too, so didn't beat this one). The light cycle games are decent fun, but everything else is kinda meh - and those high score contests are really hard to beat. It's not a bad pickup, esp. if your a fan - but even if your not.

U wukk agree on the game being somewhat "rare". I think UMD releases are going to be rarer and rarer with the PSP winding down in general (esp. with everything but an announcement of a PSP2). Best Buy did not have copies of this one (in fact the closest store that did was literally an all day drive away two states over). Major market stores will probably have it, but smaller markets won't. When I went to Gamestop, they had to sell me the display copy.
TSG:TheSportsGamer - http://www.thesportsgamer.com. Reviewing/Previewing Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PS2 and PSP sports games.
  1. Boards
  2. TRON: Evolution
  3. psp version more rare, and codes, and game help
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A