• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs. Zombies
  3. Any good gold farming strategies for Last Stand?

User Info: MetroidJunkie

MetroidJunkie
8 years ago#1
The ones that seem to work for the PC version always get me killed.

User Info: NintenDominate

NintenDominate
8 years ago#2
Yes I'll tell u how i busted through laststand & survival fog hard yesterday after being stuck for like a week. OK acually just last stand cuz i wrote it down and worked it out on paper. Even what to do after each flag. Lets break the field down into a 6x9 grid, a-f vertically, 1-9 horizontal. I want to save all fellow ds lovers from going through the frustration and bs that it took me. No other solutions from other versions even came close for me. So i'd like to see if this is a sureshot or not. setup: a7-a9 and f7-f9, 3 garlics ea. b6 and e6 tallnuts. hope this makes sense id advise drawing out the grid. c3 & ds put lilys w/wallnuts. thats the defence. ok for offense lets go down row 1:a1 melonpult, b1 gat.p.s. , c1 wintermelon d1 same.e1 gat.p.s., f1 melonpult. row 2: b2 gat.p.s., c2 repeater, d2 same as c2. E2 gat.p.s.. 3rd row b3 torchwood(t.w.)(so thats two gat.p.s.s behind the t.w.s. c3 &d3 mentioned above(wallnuts). the whole thing should be symmetrical like each side is like a mirror image of other for setup, this changes after the first wave gets massacred. before the 2nd flag put garlics on lilys, c5 and d7, makes em have to change sides 2x and counters any dolphins. after the 2nd flag u should have 375 pts. I decided to upgrade d3 to gatling. I call my strategy fire and ice because it uses both benefits but not in the same horizontal row so that they cancel each other. those melonpults especially winter ones are just awesome they hit multiple zombies in 2 rows. and then after getting channeled into the killing zones of 2 gats w/t.w.s in front, thats 8 fireballs of devestating damage. BTW i had to replace the first 2 garlics in the 9th row shortly after the 3rd wave began. lost nothing else so far. 4th flag c-5 garlic is hurt and so is c3 wallnut. had to drop a wallnut on e4 after they got a ladder on the e5tallnut. replace the d7 garlic if they eat it fast before they get the pad. It might have saved my butt. all i know is there is little or no margin of error. hope this makes sense. good luck

MetroidJunkie
8 years ago#3
Actually, just beating it isn't really my goal. I'm seeking to get as much gold as possible from each section via Marigold farming. Any strategies that work well in the DS version?

User Info: NintenDominate

NintenDominate
8 years ago#4
Yeah I kind of over-looked a couple of keywords in that title. I seriously doubt there are any strategies for gold farming on this level. I've seen a couple for other versions but they do not work worth crap on the ds version. Which is just more evidence of how they cranked up the difficulty. I think the PC version is probably the way to go on this one. What they should have done was release it on the wii with all the bells and whistles.

MetroidJunkie
8 years ago#5
http://i56.tinypic.com/ofpo54.jpg

I managed to get a strategy that works, but it doesn't give as much gold as the ones in the other versions.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs. Zombies
  3. Any good gold farming strategies for Last Stand?
  • Topic Archived